The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Avondale
Tolka
UCD
St Pats

All through to the semi final. No idea when the draw is but we need a home tie and NOT Avondale.

Football. The final isn't until the 10th May (I think).

It was the final date that put me off, just for the sake of an EW at 5/2. Seemed a long wait and figured anything could happen before then.

Hope they win though all the same.

Football. The final isn't until the 10th May (I think).

It was the final date that put me off, just for the sake of an EW at 5/2. Seemed a long wait and figured anything could happen before then.

Hope they win though all the same.

You're calculating it all wrong.

287.5% return if they finish 1st.
112.5% return if they finish 2nd.
100.0% loss any other result.

Either way, it wasn't for me.

287.5% return if they finish 1st.
112.5% return if they finish 2nd.
100.0% loss any other result.

Either way, it wasn't for me.

What's that about?

You can't look at e/w bets that way.

St Pats were 25/1. You were getting laid 8.33/1 with Ladbrokes and 11/1 with Boyles on them getting to the final. The true odds were (1.91*x where x = the price they are going to be to qualify in the upcoming semi final). If they are anything under 3.88/1 the bet is value.

If it's not your thing fair enough but don't calculate it incorrectly to make it look like a poor return when it's actually monster value.

Football - Setanta Cup Outright

St Patricks Athletic (5/2 e/w 1/2 1-2 Boylesports ONLY)

They are a a good bit odds on to make the final.

That's the bet I thought you were on about, with the final being May 10th.

Though I now see there was another bet since with Ladbrokes at 25's. I didn't bother with that one either, as by the time I read it, people were saying they couldn't get on, so didn't take notice of the teams name.

Football isn't my thing, at all. Is the 5/2 EW bet still going?

That's the bet I thought you were on about, with the final being May 10th.

Though I now see there was another bet since with Ladbrokes at 25's. I didn't bother with that one either, as by the time I read it, people were saying they couldn't get on, so didn't take notice of the teams name.

Football isn't my thing, at all. Is the 5/2 EW bet still going?

Yes they'll need to win one more two leg tie to land the place money. A long time to wait but cracking value.

St Pats CyFC V UCD
Tolka V Avondale

We are now evens at worst to make the final. We're probably a shade odds on.

I thank you...

I think a few people (Desert Orchid!) have a point thst I've dilluted this thread. I'm going to start a new one and keep this for the proper will win bets.

Back