The 'Will Win' Thread (Copy)

• Thread starter Thread starter SlimChance
  • Start date Start date
Fair play Slim, whatever happens. If memory serves you put up Katie T good and early for this race last season as well. Shreeeeeewd.

Whilst we're probably going to take it in the hoop, but we'll get to post with a horse running at half the odds we've backed it at, and if we can do that often enough, we won't go far wrong.

OK, we have the NH Jockey equivalent of Emo Phillips on our horse - and enthusiasm is admittedly tempered as a result - but it was presumably a close-enough decision for Walsh, and if anything were to go wrong with Buisiness Sivola in the race, Kalkir might be the one to benefit from it.

It's not beat yet, and whatever the outcome, it's been a quality shout from Slim..............though he maybe needs to think about running some Mr Sheen over his crystal-fu*cking-ball, the useless shi*te.

Last edited:
Whilst we're probably going to take it in the hoop, but we'll get to post with a horse running at half the odds we've backed it at, and if we can do that often enough, we won't go far wrong.

OK, we have the NH Jockey equivalent of Emo Phillips on our horse - and enthusiasm is admittedly tempered as a result - but it was presumably a close-enough decision for Walsh, and if anything were to go wrong with Buisiness Sivola in the race, Kalkir might be the one to benefit from it.

It's not beat yet, and whatever the outcome, it's been a quality shout from Slim..............though he maybe needs to think about running some Mr Sheen over his crystal-fu*cking-ball, the useless shi*te.

He will go of 22 on the machine with that clown riding him. I've ripped up my slip.

He's currently 14s with Power but stakes are still recoverable by trading out.

I bet 50% of my Kalkir stake on BDS @ 16s with Laddies as soon as the jockey announcement was made so it's all about breaking even, with minimal profit for "my" effort now.

I've had worse bets and it was a good ride while it lasted :)

The view from another forum:

Kalkir at 14/1 and 5 places with PP. You can run the risk of getting bigger on the day. Hard to know how far these prices will move.

Market has reacted massively to Ruby getting the ride on Business Sivola (over Kalkir)

Jacques Ricou (top French rider, currently working for Willie) takes the ride on Kalkir.

This isn't a choice (as is often the case) by Ruby. They've gifted the ride to Jacques and believe Kalkir is their best chance, is well handicapped and has been saved for this race.

I hoovered up some 20s last week and a chunk of 14s the other day (before the 'gift' was made to Jacques)

Bon Chance!

PS - Business Sivola could even be a place lay on the day.

I've no idea who this is but their French is sh1te.

Last edited:
JR's had just 2 rides for him this season, both times finishing behind Ruby. Furthermore, we all know how important the Riccis and Ruby are to each other, yet he's deserted their horse for another?
Wish you luck with your Kalkir bets, but the portents aren't good, realistically.

What motivation does Mullins have to 'gift' anything to Jacques Ricou, over Ruby Walsh?

I seem to remember from Fitzy's autobiography that he helped Willie out with some work one day, and Willie said thanks I'll find you a nice winner in return. At Punchestown that year he did exactly that with Ruby riding in the same race.

Last edited:
As I've said, we're not beaten yet, TS......I just question whether riding arrangements are a cockle to give Ricou a winning outing. That said, there's evidence presented here that perhaps supports the "thank you' theory being put forward. We'll find out tomorrow, I guess.

I'm off down the Borders with the lovely Mrs Grass today, for an overnighter sans enfants. Plan had been to go to Kelso tomorrow, but it's abandoned, and I now need to find a convincing reason to be home for 14:20. All creative suggestions welcome.

and I now need to find a convincing reason to be home for 14:20. All creative suggestions welcome.

what you could do is..say to her tomorrow morning..do you know..i'm not certain i locked the door..maybe we ought to get back.:)

obviously this will cause her a bit of distress..but it won't be more than we go through when waiting on a photo finish when we have the balls on one.

Last edited:
yes

you could always try this then

say to her..you know that lovely two weeks holiday i was going to book for us?...well...this bloke Slim has put this horse up..and i've put all the holiday money on it..and i'd like to watch the race

:)

:lol:

finish with a nice one

arrange for some flowers to be delivered about 2 o' clock..say to her..we got to get home for 2..got a lovely surprise for you

its a bit soppy compared with other options..but you can't have it all

at least with option 3 you retain your testicles which although first one might not get them removed..2nd one has a very good chance of so doing...that second one might also mean a fatal wounding

Last edited:
Back