Today's Fancy

Held up in a slowly run affair in the end. Was hoping to see him ridden a shade more prominently.

I've had a go on Carpet Elegance in the last ~ haven't even looked at the race but the guy I heard this from has won so much recently that the bookies have forced him to take a punting sabbatical!

Unlike you to be lemming like!! I used to enjoy Fridays at Dundalk - tonights results were brutal!!!! If anyone made money tonight - fair play to them!!:surrender::surrender::surrender:

It was tough tonight. The Elliot horse was not off a yard and Asawla was just not good enough. I also backed CE in the last. Erm... Roll on nest Friday

What's going to save the day tomorrow??:blink: Im officially on the tilt!

I'm in woeful form aside from the Breeders Cup but Take Ten looks a decent bet at the 4s on offer for the 6f handicap at Lingfield tomorrow. He did it very well at Dundalk lto and the form of that looks strong (Tweedy won again since). He's up against the usual exposed mob of all-weather sprint handicaps and I was expecting him to be around the 9/4 mark. I've had to be restrained as I can't keep taking hits with a big holiday round the corner but I had to back him as he has way more than a 20% chance of winning this event.

I'm in woeful form aside from the Breeders Cup but Take Ten looks a decent bet at the 4s on offer for the 6f handicap at Lingfield tomorrow. He did it very well at Dundalk lto and the form of that looks strong (Tweedy won again since). He's up against the usual exposed mob of all-weather sprint handicaps and I was expecting him to be around the 9/4 mark. I've had to be restrained as I can't keep taking hits with a big holiday round the corner but I had to back him as he has way more than a 20% chance of winning this event.

He hosed up the last day - ran off 83 I think - what did he get for that - anything less than 10lbs and he got away with murder!!

I don't watch Dundalk so don't know how it generally rides, but tryinbg to make all at Lingfield is very difficult to judge, particularly with the likes of Billy Red and Pavershooz in opposition. Flipando's polytrack record is impressive and would ideally have wanted him to show a bit more last time, but he's handicapped to win again now so will have to have a few quid on him.

before the good stuff starts

just noticed in the 12.30 at Lingfield..MA Magnusson has only had one runner in a claimer in the last 5 years..it won at 20's..his 2nd claimer runs here..Too Late Jones

I don't watch Dundalk so don't know how it generally rides, but tryinbg to make all at Lingfield is very difficult to judge, particularly with the likes of Billy Red and Pavershooz in opposition. Flipando's polytrack record is impressive and would ideally have wanted him to show a bit more last time, but he's handicapped to win again now so will have to have a few quid on him.

Dundalk is a stiff test as all weather tracks go and very difficult to front run on - his time and manner of victory were both pretty impressive - and Mr Fairley was quoted as saying the horse has turned inside out since being gelded and sorting out a couple of other small issues - he's in the form of his life and I think value at 4/1 - I do respect your thoughts on Flipando and have put him in the forecast. If Take Ten in beaten I will be changing my name by deed poll to Off The Bridle !!!

I'm in woeful form aside from the Breeders Cup but Take Ten looks a decent bet at the 4s on offer for the 6f handicap at Lingfield tomorrow.

That should help your cause. Great shout. When I missed the 4/1 I backed Flipando e/w @ 9/1 on DJ's advixce. This is turning into a must read thread.

T.hanks GS OTB, covered my PP bets and quite a bit more. That and the boost to Weird Al's form has lightened my mood.

Sweet as Gamla - I got stuck in at 4's and went in again at 7/2 - wheels back on bike - will enjoy a nice glass of wine tonight and toast you liberally!! :adore:

I do like people putting in the work and picking out the form guide winners but I am often a sucker for a nod in the right direction and have got a text for Black Noddy in the last at Uttoxeter and have taken a bit of 7/2.

good call :cool:

I do like people putting in the work and picking out the form guide winners but I am often a sucker for a nod in the right direction and have got a text for Black Noddy in the last at Uttoxeter and have taken a bit of 7/2.

stable in good form for sure..Dartnall does well here in NHF so have had 30 bob on Shammick Boy

Not good enough after travelling sweetly. He hit 1.17 in running which was a bit short to say the least!

Well done to the Take Tenner's. Only watched the race on a small screen at Chelt, but didn't think they went that quick.

Back