Today's Fancy

I'm out to get the front two in the market in the next. As promising as President Lincoln's debut may have been it came in a very weak race and he'll have to step up markedly on that. Flic Flac arguably sets the standard but I am far from sure she wants a step up in trip.

Dubawi Star has solid form (particularly his Gowran run) and has shaped as if has the step down in trip may actually play to his strengths. I'm not totally convinced that Sportsmaster's Leopardstown form is as solid as Foxrock maiden form normally is, but he is drawn well tonight and might well get the run of the race (although the same could be said for President Lincoln and Flic Flac).

It came down to either laying the O'Brien horse or backing Oxx and Oliver against him. I have gone for the latter approach. Cue Ger Lyons winner.

Last edited:
good call Track :cool:

seeing as how i am totally bored here i'm going to small play two long shots in this dire 7.20...Mulitovermaurice+Mekongmiss..15+48 on betfair

I'm out to get the front two in the market in the next. As promising as President Lincoln's debut may have been it came in a very weak race and he'll have to step up markedly on that. Flic Flac arguably sets the standard but I am far from sure she wants a step up in trip.

Dubawi Star has solid form (particularly his Gowran run) and has shaped as if has the step down in trip may actually play to his strengths. I'm not totally convinced that Sportsmaster's Leopardstown form is as solid as Foxrock maiden form normally is, but he is drawn well tonight and might well get the run of the race (although the same could be said for President Lincoln and Flic Flac).

It came down to either laying the O'Brien horse or backing Oxx and Oliver against him. I have gone for the latter approach. Cue Ger Lyons winner.
great call - that was like getting the full result and analysis before the race - me thinks you have one of those Crystal Balls - O Briens yoke needs a lenght of sewer pipe down between the two ears to keep his mules head down!!

Really fancy Hen Night in this last time on the track absolutely hosed up and arguably has the best form on offer with its 4th in the matron

There was money on oddschecker for the wimner this morning. Aswala had every chance but again found little when asked to win her race.

He probably is but this thread has me worn out today! Paul Gilligan always likes to have runners at the meeting and you can be sure Bertie's Dream will be running for his life. I could not put anyway off taking 7/1.

Was thinking about putting him in a trixie with Long Run and Zaidpour. Heard the latter can move a bit. In the meantime if anyone has any suggestions for a winner in the next couple of races that would be more than useful!

I've had a go on Avanti Albert in the next. Had a really good spell on the all-weather about this time last year culminating in a win in a 12f handicap that looks pretty solid form (only 2lbs higher than his current mark). Suggested a win wasn't far off when catching the eye last time at Leopardstown finishing nicely having got into all sorts of trouble. My worry is that he might be caught for toe in a slowly run affair (possibly better over 12f) but I'd be hopeful Manning will have him handily placed from a decent draw.

I'm happy enough to be against Be My Storm. Unexposed though she is, she was well placed when racing prominently in a slowly run Navan handicap the last day but could only keep on at the one pace and didn't really look to improve hugely that day (albeit on a return from a break). Camira looks a big price though I'm just not sure she will see out this trip tonight. Elliott horse is the real fly in the ointment ~ if he wins just have to take my medicine. All in all, 7.6 on Betfair looks a very decent price about Avanti Albert to my eye.

edit: best of luck to Grey with Camira!

Last edited:
Held up in a slowly run affair in the end. Was hoping to see him ridden a shade more prominently.

I've had a go on Carpet Elegance in the last ~ haven't even looked at the race but the guy I heard this from has won so much recently that the bookies have forced him to take a punting sabbatical!

Back