Today's Fancy

Some of us are expecting Shane Kelly to give us a little bit of our tank that we off loaded at 6/4 Thursday night...

Haven't had a bet at Cheltenham all weekend (small interest in the Paddy Power itself aside) but I've taken the 6's about One Cool Tornado in the 2m5f novice Hurdle tomorrow. His beating of Casey Top at Listowel looks solid form already and most significantly he is totally unexposed given a test of stamina - which is what he has been crying out for to my mind and should elicit a significant deal of improvement tomorrow.

Mount Helicon's Cork form looks decidedly weak (they went virtually no gallop for most of the contest) and he has the added burden of being trained by Tom Hogan. Eoin Griffin's Drumfire has been steadily progressive and possibly rates the main threat though even his Limerick form leaves him something to find.

Any opinions? Dundalk is just about keeping me above water these days ~ wouldn't tip rubbish over jumps thus far this season.

Some of us are expecting Shane Kelly to give us a little bit of our tank that we off loaded at 6/4 Thursday night...

Not sure if this got discussed on here at the time but Shane Kelly's ride on Marrimeclaire on Thursday night was one of the worst rides of the year.

It made Mike Smith's ride on Zenyatta look genius.

Got to take on Tataniano in the two miler. He's very short considering the penalty he carries and Forpady...... is worth a bob or two in an average looking race.

For Non Stop and GMOOH in the two handicap hurdles.

It is...but thats where the money is. Admittedly having seen Captain chris looking superb at kempton each time hes run, i am tending to follow this horse, but hes the best hurdler of this lot but still looks more like a chaser

get the feeling CC might want further tbh Clive..tricky call..has two questions to answer..fences + trip..

its a cracking little race for sure

Last edited:
If you can forgive Sheer Genius a poor first run of the season at Galway last month he is an interesting price for his hurdles debut given the quality of his bumper form (Cork 15.30)

Trackside - can't split Drumfire & One Cool Tornado - Drumfire beat him fair and square at Galway (had OCT backed ew - got a shocker of a ride to finish fourth) but that was over 2 miles - OCT crying out for a trip and is a multiple winner this year. Love his attitude and connections seem to getting their eye in for March. Drumfire is a very classy flat convert and could have won at Galway if ridden more aggressively - despite his profile I believe he is crying out for 2 miles 4f plus - Ive my wallet locked after a good day yesterday and am not coming out to play today - best of luck!!

One Cool Tornado drifted alarmingly overnight, OTB. General 9's available now.

At this point the market is entirely at odds with my view of the race (I had One Cool Tornado in shorter than Mount Helicon!) which is frankly off-putting given my recent form. Nevertheless I have helped myself to some of the 9's e/w given the shape of the race.

Last edited:
One Cool Tornado drifted alarmingly overnight, OTB. General 9's available now.

At this point the market is entirely at odds with my view of the race (I had One Cool Tornado in shorter than Mount Helicon!) which is frankly off-putting given my recent form. Nevertheless I have helped myself to some of the 9's e/w given the shape of the race.

Cannot have the first two in the betting - highly surprised if either figured - Drumfire has been heavily bet his last three runs and Supercede has come out (no chance anyway) so something had to drift - the stable isn't a punting stable so a drift would notput me off in the slightest - I think your Reading of the race is spot on - may back both!!

Back