Today's Fancy

Think Master D'or worth a look in the 4.15 Hexham, travels virtually 400 miles up from South Devon for this and Paul Moloney abandons the Festival for just this one ride.

I like Only The Best in that race Diamond Geezer - won a hurdles race by 25L over Course and going off 106 in March last year - races today off 94 with the 7lb claim -A repeat of that hurdles performance tody makes him 22lb well in - Ferdy Murphy in great form and at 14/1(Stan James) looks a stonking e/way bet.

Sure he's owned by someone on here?

Last edited:
Fancy Una Pelota in the 6.15 at Wolves. Had her name buzzing in my head all day long for some reason and when spotted her in the card knew immediately she's my heart beat accelerator bet. I Confess removed which increases her chances, going e/w nevertheless as still 1/4 1-2.
Good luck today everyone with your bets!

Catch the moment 3.30 Wexford.Heard quite a good word for this at Cheltenham yesterday.Were speaking to a few lads who were putting their Carlito Brigante winnings on.

Fancy another which is right around the corner, 5.45 Wolves Liberty Green is now back to 5f and dropped back to class 5 which seems her natural place. Currently 11/2 figure she'd come around 5/1 - 4/1.
Good Luck!

Last edited:
This was sent to be during the week. Currently 10/3 with bet365. Looks like a nice filthy e/w bet to me:

The seventh race at Cheltenham on Thursday is a "non-race" for charity, the St Patrick's Day Derby, a flat race over 1m 5f with amateur riders run for Cancer Research UK. Guest of honour on St Patrick's Day will be Henry Cecil, whose association with cancer treatment is well known. It will be the first time that Henry has been to the Festival. He'll be accompanied by the Niarchos family and Cecil is running Plato, their horse, in the charity race. Plato won a Newmarket maiden by 5 lengths last August and was second under in a Ffos Las handicap under 9st in September. He is rated 84. plato will be ridden by experienced rider Lorna Fowler, his form looks to be the best of that of the entries and the word from Newmarket is that Henry Cecil is taking the horse's preparation very seriously.

The bold decision referred to above is Paddy Power's. They have opened a book on the race and are betting by rider rather than by horse. They have put up Lorna Fowler in at 5/2. In my opinion this could be a steal.

Biggest bet of the week for me! Easy!

I like Only The Best in that race Diamond Geezer - won a hurdles race by 25L over Course and going off 106 in March last year - races today off 94 with the 7lb claim -A repeat of that hurdles performance tody makes him 22lb well in - Ferdy Murphy in great form and at 14/1(Stan James) looks a stonking e/way bet.

Sure he's owned by someone on here?

If I put another one on this thread - someone please shoot me.

Not been on here really this week with Cheltenham being on but saw this race and wondered how it was 7/2 with Hills, plastered it over my Facebook this morning! Would have been 10/11 in a flat race at Yarmouth.

Major after-timing boom from me as it was also my biggest bet of the week. Got to love Henry.

This was sent to be during the week. Currently 10/3 with bet365. Looks like a nice filthy e/w bet to me:

The seventh race at Cheltenham on Thursday is a "non-race" for charity, the St Patrick's Day Derby, a flat race over 1m 5f with amateur riders run for Cancer Research UK. Guest of honour on St Patrick's Day will be Henry Cecil, whose association with cancer treatment is well known. It will be the first time that Henry has been to the Festival. He'll be accompanied by the Niarchos family and Cecil is running Plato, their horse, in the charity race. Plato won a Newmarket maiden by 5 lengths last August and was second under in a Ffos Las handicap under 9st in September. He is rated 84. plato will be ridden by experienced rider Lorna Fowler, his form looks to be the best of that of the entries and the word from Newmarket is that Henry Cecil is taking the horse's preparation very seriously.

The bold decision referred to above is Paddy Power's. They have opened a book on the race and are betting by rider rather than by horse. They have put up Lorna Fowler in at 5/2. In my opinion this could be a steal.

Thanks for sharing info Gearoid :)

Great stuff Gearoid and GS :)

Secret Dancer for me in the County - a horse who's been the victim of some particularly easy/poor rides for whatever reason in recent times, most notably on his return to action this season at Ascot when held up and notn asked for any effort at all. He has good course form and it's possible he would have won a Grade 2 Novice Hurdle here back in 2009 but for his rider losing an iron at the second last. He was a closing 7th in this race in 2010 and races off a 5lb lower mark. He had other engagements this week and was declared to run in the Coral Cup on Wednesday but seems to be over whatever was ailing him (officially given as "other"), he's from one of the best gambling stables in the land (only try 3 or 4 times a year but invariably they're highly successful) so the only concern for me is the jockey - Timmy Murphy who tbh always seems keen to steer the widest possible course here at Cheltenham.

Martin

Supreme Bob 5.20 Gowran. Without going into too much detail, this one is supposedly fit, well, useful and trying today, at 13/2 there are worse ew bets.

uttoxeter:
225 - barbatos - ill struggle to believe he is a 112 horse, seems a gift
300 - minella four star - an ew steal if ground is quicker than says

Was planning to spend the afternoon cutting the grass but it ls raining:) so had to study the racing instead. Johnny McGeeney my old friend runs inthe 3:40 at Gowran and his short head defeat to Canaly may be underestimated - looks value at around 5/1 and maybe worth a little double with Del's poke!:ninja:

...And now I have had 3 horses ballotted out, I have to look forward to more modest fare. But Quattro should win at Ffos Las Saturday and Whereveryougoigo and Mike Towey early next week.

Found this on the Forum Connections thread, runs 4.55 I think.

Back