Today's Fancy

If Dare to Doubt is anything like the forcast 9/4 tomorrow lads we can lump on and forget about Cheltenham!!!:lol::lol: I think the Irish Racing Services guys got the keys to the sherry cabinet again.:rolleyes:

She looks an 11/10 at best to me. She will probably be slight odds on. Oilily does not have her ground and Definite Class needs further. The rest look outclassed and God knows what Torina is doing in the race!

Fancy Empire Builder in the first @ Warwick, a bit of reasoning for you to judge:

Not disgraced coming 3rd in his debut handicap hurdle and looks rather progressive to engage this run properly. Down in trip to 21 furlong where shown abilities on distance when coming 2nd at a Novice Hurdle at Leicester. Having done fairly well in debut handicap under tougher terms where running 26 furlong under relatively heavy weights whereas now slightly dropped in weights and down back to 2 furlong as mentioned, should have a chance of setting about his progressive notion. Booked under Andrew Thornton, not the brightest of them all, better on chase than hurdle however progression made with the 5 year old cannot be overlooked and stable mates all running to form strongly suggests he mounts a well prepared jumper. Seemingly Threatened by The Boss which if stays on could very well ruin chances but loses its edge as pulled up last time and now back up in weights. Biggest tangible threat comes from Deputy Dog which is marked as the possible fav for this run not without reasons as made similar progression and now under A P McCoy. Nevertheless faces its debut handicap and a carries a tough task at the weights.

Seems decent to me and with a good chance of winning this.

Without going into much detail, Hidden Crack in the 4.45 is the one for today, Geraghty been brought back to ride him, win this on route to better things at Easter.

Elsewhere at Limerick, Passing Through is running, i havent time to look up times etc, but connections have gone down to watch this one and they expect it to run very well. Whats bothering me here is Karlu has got into the race as a reserve, and if he puts his best foot forward he will be a big danger. Up to ye what ye make of that.

Call the Police full brother runs in the bumper in Navan for Michael O Hare, will love the ground etc and go close.

Martin Scruff is expected to win the 4.10 at Navan.

Apologies, in a bit of a hurry, so brief write up.

Fancy Empire Builder in the first @ Warwick, a bit of reasoning for you to judge:

Not disgraced coming 3rd in his debut handicap hurdle and looks rather progressive to engage this run properly. Down in trip to 21 furlong where shown abilities on distance when coming 2nd at a Novice Hurdle at Leicester. Having done fairly well in debut handicap under tougher terms where running 26 furlong under relatively heavy weights whereas now slightly dropped in weights and down back to 2 furlong as mentioned, should have a chance of setting about his progressive notion. Booked under Andrew Thornton, not the brightest of them all, better on chase than hurdle however progression made with the 5 year old cannot be overlooked and stable mates all running to form strongly suggests he mounts a well prepared jumper. Seemingly Threatened by The Boss which if stays on could very well ruin chances but loses its edge as pulled up last time and now back up in weights. Biggest tangible threat comes from Deputy Dog which is marked as the possible fav for this run not without reasons as made similar progression and now under A P McCoy. Nevertheless faces its debut handicap and a carries a tough task at the weights.

Seems decent to me and with a good chance of winning this.

Good race calling Willi - different jockey different result I think!!

Good race calling Willi - different jockey different result I think!!

Had a feeling Scholfield won't allow for a second time PU, but this is beyond expected. Very close nevertheless half a length and neck, think Empire Builder is worth watching.

Much over rated an event with the major races being tougher to crack than my mother-in-law :D.

Rest yourself easy m8.

bloody hell Willi - they'll lynch you on here saying that about Cheltenham;)

Grassy will at this moment be on his way round to your gaff in his Sinclair C5 to chastise you and show you the error of your ways:p

Not having had full accces to broadband I have had only 4 bets this weekend, Alarasi, and 3 from THF -Dunelight, Whiskey and Rye, and Mount Benbulben. I'm afraid to say that having decided to have a real go on the latter I was somewhat put off by the price and reduced my investment.

Still, a brilliant performance from the guys on here have substantially enhanced my Cheltenham pot. Many, many thanks!

bloody hell Willi - they'll lynch you on here saying that about Cheltenham;)

Grassy will at this moment be on his way round to your gaff in his Sinclair C5 to chastise you and show you the error of your ways:p

Thanks for the heads up, already gone underground. See you back on the 19th. :D

Plumpton 4:00 Dansilver - in the last 4 years at this Monday meeting at Plumpton before Cheltenham (2006 abandoned), trainer Jim Best has had 4 runners - 3 h'cap hurdlers and one h'cap chaser - two h'cap hurdlers won including the winner of this race last year and Dansilver has a similar profile.

Plumpton 4:00 Dansilver - in the last 4 years at this Monday meeting at Plumpton before Cheltenham (2006 abandoned), trainer Jim Best has had 4 runners - 3 h'cap hurdlers and one h'cap chaser - two h'cap hurdlers won including the winner of this race last year and Dansilver has a similar profile.

Tough race there m8, good luck!

Fancy Lepido in the 2.30 @ Plumpton.
Not bright lately but should bounce back having underwent three chases by now. Under Jamie Moore which had him placed in recent hurdles and also returning after a short break which is unlikely in jumpers so I think both trainer and jockey sense this time around to be different.

He's been pretty decent on the flats and the jumps but plenty of room for improvement. I agree though, think he'll be a winner today.

Back