Today's Fancy

before all the excitement begins - theres a lovely little 6/4 lay runs at Southwell in the 1.20

Where's Reilly - out and out 5f horse these days..even when it won 4 from 5 last year the one it lost was over 6f..2 races ago it was fav for a 6f race off 68..and couldn't win it..now races off 74..so what chance tomorrow?..small i would say..but its 6 to bloody 4:)

this looks a nice gift to me

before all the excitement begins - theres a lovely little 6/4 lay runs at Southwell in the 1.20

Where's Reilly - out and out 5f horse these days..even when it won 4 from 5 last year the one it lost was over 6f..2 races ago it was fav for a 6f race off 68..and couldn't win it..now races off 74..so what chance tomorrow?..small i would say..but its 6 to bloody 4:)

this looks a nice gift to me

:thumbsup:

More than agree with you on that, however not laying him but rather backing Interchoice Star instead.
GL m8!

Last edited:
My selections for Cheltenham day one:

1.30 - Zaidpour
2.05 - Finians Rainbow
2.40 - Adams Island (E/W)
3.20 - Peddlers Cross

on saying that..a quick glance at the first at Sedgefield and i'm a bit surprised at the price of the fav..streamtown is surely not a 1.58 shot..Sue Smith is in good form so having a small one one Floraclock at 20.0

Strange to be talking about betting opportunity away from the big meeting, but I struggle to believe that in the 8.20 Kempton Twin Soul won't be following up a facile success last time out, under a penalty, but was very impressive, 11/8 looks generous.

Hunt 2:20 - Lucky Dance - worth a small e/way - would be joint fav if it were a flat race and showed lots of improvement L/t/o to turn the form around with Promised Wings. Speculative outsider

I forgot to put Parahelion so will try to compensate with another from the Kempton Meeting. 6.20 Abigails Angel, decent jockey on board which came a nice 2nd with her here recently, a step up in trip which might seem a worry since she failed her last two going up in trip but I believe this move is well thought of by the trainer. Reasonable weights and a mid draw, all stable mates running to form in the last two weeks. Currently 10/1, thought of going e/w but backed it eventually.

I forgot to put Parahelion so will try to compensate with another from the Kempton Meeting. 6.20 Abigails Angel, decent jockey on board which came a nice 2nd with her here recently, a step up in trip which might seem a worry since she failed her last two going up in trip but I believe this move is well thought of by the trainer. Reasonable weights and a mid draw, all stable mates running to form in the last two weeks. Currently 10/1, thought of going e/w but backed it eventually.

Ran a great race, getting just touched off in a three way photo. Excellant tipping from you, keep it up.

That Iguacu fellow is so elusive! Nevertheless it's good to see she's back on track, I will be watching her in the next though I assume she won't be bearing such a price.

Strange to be talking about betting opportunity away from the big meeting, but I struggle to believe that in the 8.20 Kempton Twin Soul won't be following up a facile success last time out, under a penalty, but was very impressive, 11/8 looks generous.

Held on nicely, happy days! Fund well and truely back on track after a disasterous start to the day.

This was sent to be during the week. Currently 10/3 with bet365. Looks like a nice filthy e/w bet to me:

The seventh race at Cheltenham on Thursday is a "non-race" for charity, the St Patrick's Day Derby, a flat race over 1m 5f with amateur riders run for Cancer Research UK. Guest of honour on St Patrick's Day will be Henry Cecil, whose association with cancer treatment is well known. It will be the first time that Henry has been to the Festival. He'll be accompanied by the Niarchos family and Cecil is running Plato, their horse, in the charity race. Plato won a Newmarket maiden by 5 lengths last August and was second under in a Ffos Las handicap under 9st in September. He is rated 84. plato will be ridden by experienced rider Lorna Fowler, his form looks to be the best of that of the entries and the word from Newmarket is that Henry Cecil is taking the horse's preparation very seriously.

The bold decision referred to above is Paddy Power's. They have opened a book on the race and are betting by rider rather than by horse. They have put up Lorna Fowler in at 5/2. In my opinion this could be a steal.

10/3 with Bet365.

The Alan King runner reportedly worked all over Walkon, whatever that tells us, but they fear the Cecil entry.

Last edited:
10/3 with Bet365.

The Alan King runner reportedly worked all over Walkon, whatever that tells us, but they fear the Cecil entry.

I'm very tempted to have a decent e/w bet tomorrow but how upset will I be losing a wedge in a charity race and what will it do my mind over the weekend?

Cannot believe Ive wasted 20 mins of my life looking through this. Frosty Kelly's yoke Super Collider at 6/1 is the poke. His girlfriend is a clinker by the way!!:<3:

My post should have saved you 20 mins. Just lump on Plato.

Have you looked at 4.35 Wexford tomorrow. Boyles have strangely priced it up last night and have made a balls of it. Menwaal looks big at 7/1. Rated 94 on the flat likes soft ground and gets into his first handicap hurdle off 94 for Phillip Rothwell.

Back