Today's Fancy

Did PN say he fancied his in the last at Sligo?

Good picking OTB. Kirinda is a dog and should be avoided at all costs.

PN said that he expects a very big run from his in the bumper but he has to settle. Has the right man on board for that and he will love the ground.

Good picking OTB. Kirinda is a dog and should be avoided at all costs.

PN said that he expects a very big run from his in the bumper but he has to settle. Has the right man on board for that and he will love the ground.

Nice - that's what I thought he said but wasn't sure!:lol:

Job done. Backed him when Mikey took him to the lead and he settled better. He touched fours down the far side when Byrnes came under pressure so went in again. Nice horse and will be decent when he settles.

Not that i especially fancy the horse but there seems to be a big difference of opinion on Somatic from the layers today for the 3.35 Limerick. B365 have the horse at 16/1 and WH 12/1, others go a more conservative 7/2.

Anybody willing to take on Imperial Rome (105) with Glor Na Mara (113) in the second at the Curragh today. IR beat statues off 90 at Dundalk last time and went up 15lbs. He did it very easily and they believe he is a group horse but 7/4 versus 7/2 would nearly sway me towards the dodgepot that is Glor Na Mara. I have twice done my brains on him but am (in my continued state of insanity) willing to give him once last chance on good ground. My biggest concern (other than his inability to win) is the fact that Bolger had him entered in the maiden bookending the card. That just says to me that they have lost all confidence in the horse. A man could go broke following a horse like this but.......

You mention negatives about the front two there, and you are right about them.

I think the logical conclusion is to back the Oxx horse. 13/2 is a working man's price about a horse with okay form, bred to improve and in the right hands.

Oxx is having a decent time of it recently.

I've never backed Glor na Mara but I'd consider it today as its the first time he is not underpriced. Ground all wrong for him the last day.

Berry was very kind to Harringtons in the opener. Missing the break and behind all the way, travelled sweetly, switched inside and out and then not pushed to come second.

I believe Moon Dice has been punted by connections in the 235 at Limerick.
I think Imperial Rome is a doer unlike GNM.

I've never backed Glor na Mara but I'd consider it today as its the first time he is not underpriced. Ground all wrong for him the last day.

Berry was very kind to Harringtons in the opener. Missing the break and behind all the way, travelled sweetly, switched inside and out and then not pushed to come second.

You are being very kind to Fran there... I am a fan but that was one of the worst rides I have ever witnessed ... what was he thinking.. Started on outside went inside for a run then went to the outside again ... What a muppet!!

Costly getting out of bed so late for me as I missed the 8/1 - I have a message to back Scene of the Crash (Limerick 3.05). Strongly fancied.

Great to have him over here. The flat season is heating up nicely, isn't it Cantoris? :D

Last edited:
Not that i especially fancy the horse but there seems to be a big difference of opinion on Somatic from the layers today for the 3.35 Limerick. B365 have the horse at 16/1 and WH 12/1, others go a more conservative 7/2.

got this message on my return to B365 web site,

We are contacting you regarding bet ID EL68507831I placed at the odds of 16/1 on Somatic (Win and Each Way 3.35 Limerick). We have identified that this selection was placed at incorrect odds and as such, in accordance with our rules, will be settled at the revised odds of 7/2.

If you would like to cancel this bet prior to the start of the event then please contact us.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
The bet365 Team

bet365 is committed to responsible gambling, for more information go to www.gambleaware.org.u

got this message on my return to B365 web site,

We are contacting you regarding bet ID EL68507831I placed at the odds of 16/1 on Somatic (Win and Each Way 3.35 Limerick). We have identified that this selection was placed at incorrect odds and as such, in accordance with our rules, will be settled at the revised odds of 7/2.

If you would like to cancel this bet prior to the start of the event then please contact us.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
The bet365 Team

bet365 is committed to responsible gambling, for more information go to www.gambleaware.org.u

I would reply and point out that William Hill were 12/1 and ask what was the overround the book you bet into. Purely out of principal.

Cheers for that Irish Stamp, never happened to me before, would have been worse had the horse won of course but in truth I would have not bothered at 7/2 and I went out after I placed the bet for the day so did not get the chance to cancel it. Did not go mad with the stake however so will put it down to experience.

Cheers for that Irish Stamp, never happened to me before, would have been worse had the horse won of course but in truth I would have not bothered at 7/2 and I went out after I placed the bet for the day so did not get the chance to cancel it. Did not go mad with the stake however so will put it down to experience.

I would still follow it up if William Hill were 12/1. Explain that you went out and placed the bet in good faith. I have previous dealings with the company and they're very fair when it comes to these things.

Back