Today's Fancy

I can't understand how Anna Salai is almost the same price as Seta at Goodwood today - one was unlucky not to win the Irish Guineas (and had run very well in France before that) - another gets mentions in Fallon's weekender column and hyped by Cumani.

I can't understand how Anna Salai is almost the same price as Seta at Goodwood today - one was unlucky not to win the Irish Guineas (and had run very well in France before that) - another gets mentions in Fallon's weekender column and hyped by Cumani.

Read the RP after posting this. Anna Salai put up as a lay. Typical lazy journalism. They put up 2 reasons. First was because she has more high profile entries later in the year hence must be a lay in a lesser contest - I can't even begin to see where they get that reasoning from?! Secondly, they say Seta was perfectly placed last year (as another reason for laying Anna Salai) - ehh, she was running in listed contests because they were her level, no other reason.

I only buy this on Saturday's and will stop soon - 1/2 things apart, a complete waste of money.

Of course Seta can win, but at least try and avoid lazy analysis.

No mention of Cumani being a slow starter and Al Zarooni has flown out of the blocks..

Last edited:
Good old RP have now made her 15/8. Happy to be wrong but over time you will be a very wealthy man backing 15/8 shots like Anna Salai..

Seven runner race,jockey is 0 from 12 at track
since 2007,outsiders competing for black type,first run of the season.I would be happy to place lay at around 1.7.

First race at Uttoxeter is interesting -have place laid Brunston at 1.45.Don't think he is a natural hurdler.
John Ox nominated Behtahrini as his horse to follow at the start of 2010 season-he proved to be a cashpoint on 4 legs for layers.Having said that I think he is a back to lay at double digit odds.

Cousins horse runs in the 5:10 at Dundalk, El Gran Torino. Expected to go well. Relatively cofident he can place, although win might just be beyond his reach. Fingers crossed.

Not your day is it :lol:

Seta hacks up by four lengths. She looks a much better filly this year.

Kirinda has a big reputation and John Oxx seemed very keen on her. I have not got into the bitty gritty of the card yet.

I have to say that this forum has made the difference between me losing and winning on the last two Saturdays-finding me winning bets just when I needed them.
Last Saturday Hamms comment about Viscount Nelson neding a collar not a visor was the inspiration behind a decent place lay.Tout Seuls Group 3 winner at 32 got me back in the game yesterday.
And just as I was going out the door yesterday I remembered a Gearoid comment about Alayir being useless.
The profits were modest enough but that's preferable to fairly heavy losses.Thanks for the inspiration guys.

Back