Today's Fancy

Like the look of the highly unexposed Beneficial Reform at Uttoxeter today - he's had just the one start under rules thus far, and that was a winning one when accounting for Mountainous in relatively easy fashion, the runner-up is unraced since and the selection has been sold out of his former stable (in Ireland) to the in form (2 winners from 2 runners this month) James Ewart's stable. The form of the debut rules run has been franked in part by the third (beaten 37 lengths at Ffos Las) finishing a heck of a lot closer in a similar race at Exeter next time out. 6/4 looks a fair price against Spirit Is Needed who although a classy flat horse on his day has yet to win over hurdles and was beaten off 112 last time out.

Martin

Like the look of the highly unexposed Beneficial Reform at Uttoxeter today - he's had just the one start under rules thus far, and that was a winning one when accounting for Mountainous in relatively easy fashion, the runner-up is unraced since and the selection has been sold out of his former stable (in Ireland) to the in form (2 winners from 2 runners this month) James Ewart's stable. The form of the debut rules run has been franked in part by the third (beaten 37 lengths at Ffos Las) finishing a heck of a lot closer in a similar race at Exeter next time out. 6/4 looks a fair price against Spirit Is Needed who although a classy flat horse on his day has yet to win over hurdles and was beaten off 112 last time out.

Martin

Backed him this morning. Good Luck

As you all probably know by know I love the thought of a good plot-up. My mate Chris from another board has pointed me in the direction of MACDOUGAL 6:20 Uttoxeter - Trained by Donald McCain Jnr and owned by Mr and Mrs Douglas, running in a race the owners have sponsored. The horse has the profile of one thats been laid out for the race and at 8/1 is an e/way bet for me.

Non runner

Eightybarrackstreet is as near a good thing as you can get in the 6:15 at Kilbeggan. 7/1 is huge - half brother by kings Theatre to two of my favs Canaly and Hi Big Man he deadheated in Listowel in a decent bumper. Cooper thinks a lot of him and thought he would make a very decent novice.

The stable lost form through the early part of this year and it looks to me like they we keeping his novice status till after Punchestown - this looks an ideal opportunity and cannot see why there are two ahead of him in the betting. Have backed him already and if I have a good day will wire into him later on!!:ninja:

That's a shame. I fancy Oscar Hill.

I had my bet and the horse drifted. You had your bet and the horse went from 8s to 5s!! How much did you have on??

Finished at 7/2 - very dissappointing to find nothing and be beaten by a 103 rated yoke that has been well tried. Bad day at the office - tried to get out on Stampy's poke but got done by a skinner. Last five horses I've backed have finished 2nd.

Three bets and three seconds today OTB:

Dante's Storm @ 5/4 (SP 1/2)
Beneficial Reform
Model County Lass @ 7/1 (SP 9/4)

Unbelievable scenes.

Wakhan in the 3:15 at Navan is a horse I really like. Had a good debut for John Oxx finishing strongly behind stablemate Zanughan over 1m2f a month ago in Navan and all signs suggest he'll be much better suited to the longer trip.

When you are chasing sometimes it's best to trawl through the racing to find a rick on a long priced one instead of trying to buy back your mistakes and burying into skinny ones.
Have no inside in this but think Boyles are all wrong with their 20/1 The Grey Rebel - had a pipe opener on soft ground which wouldn't have suited and it looks like he will be aimed at races like the Rockingham and the Scurry which would mean he'd need another 5-6 lbs to be sure of getting into those. He has shown a preference for this ground, has a good draw and I like Marnane as a trainer. Decent EW price in a poor 100 rated handicap.

Edit:- I have no idea if he's off or not but he's owned by a small syndicate who like to have a few quid on so any moves should be noted.

Last edited:
Wakhan in the 3:15 at Navan is a horse I really like. Had a good debut for John Oxx finishing strongly behind stablemate Zanughan over 1m2f a month ago in Navan and all signs suggest he'll be much better suited to the longer trip.

That maiden has proven to be very disappointing. Wakhan threw his head up today as have a few of Oxx's horses recently. You'd swear Noel Meade is part timing there now :whistle:

I put Wakhan in a snide filthy each way double @ 2/5 with Dubai Bay @ 3/1 in the 5.15 Navan :surrender:

Last edited:
Killarney is always a difficult place to make money, but I have had a few throwaway quid on Domination at 10/1 in the 2m4f conditions hurdle.

The three market leaders are Head of the Posse, Psycho and Catch Me. I think the former is too short, I couldn't back Psycho at his age to follow up from yesterday, and I think Catch Me has become a moody thinker.

So I would be worried about Head of the Posse, but I hope that Domination is a young improver, who will have too much toe for these old boys.

That maiden has proven to be very disappointing. Wakhan threw his head up today as have a few of Oxx's horses recently. You'd swear Noel Meade is part timing there now :whistle:

I had thought the opposite on a line through It's Freezing. Granted he could only manage 3rd at Naas the last day, but the first three came away with the winner tying up form with a decent race at Dundalk involving Printmaker, Sikara and Nucals Star, 3 horses that will probably end up 90+ horses sooner rather than later.

However, looking back, on the whole you are right Cantoris. Poor maiden. But you can estimate pretty much to the lb how Sikara, Nucals Star and Printmaker will run next time out. I include El Gran Torino and It's Freezing in that as well. I think El Gran Torino and Printmaker (at least) have a few lb's improvement to come.

7:50 Killarney - Trans City.

Has had two runs, so should be stripped fit. Stable flying. I'd be surprised if he's out of the first three.

good call Hezz :cool:

I'm having a few bob on Onceuponatime in the 9.00. This horse needs a very strong pace and should get it here no prob...is very well handicapped and Hanagan interesting booking..looks like his first ride for the stable.

They may even let Pipers press an already strong pace to make sure the race pans out just right

Cheers folks. He did it well. Could be good for another win the next day on a more straight forward track like Leop. Couldn't believe he opened at 7's. I filled my boots ew. :D

Back