Today's Racing

Great news. I've a couple of free bets in various accounts so will use those but no real money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a total minging day up here. Stuck indoors so have decided to have small speculative multiples in some of the TV races, just for the sake of an interest.

Same round here, shocking weather
Only on I'm having a go today is one of gigilo's picks, True to form in the 2.55.

Fair play to Musselburgh, they've put on a hell of a card today. I can't understand why Matt Chapman was being so negative about it during the week, other than because Musselburgh's a RUK channel.

Fair play to Musselburgh, they've put on a hell of a card today. I can't understand why Matt Chapman was being so negative about it during the week, other than because Musselburgh's a RUK channel.

We're off there in half an hour, really looking forward to it - some potentially exciting young horses like Broughton and Racing Pulse and also some (of my) old favourites Local Hero, Monetary Fund and Los Nadis to see.

Yes, I've only just noticed the card.

It's the kind of card Sunday racing should be putting on on a regular basis.

Musselburgh have really upped their game in the last few years. They had a number of excellent cards during the Flat season and we're at the stage now where, apart from the Ayr Gold Cup and National, it's now putting on the best racing in this country.

Question

If Harry Derham wins the first race at Musselburgh today does that mean he can only claims 3lb on Sametegal in the 3.30 and not 5lb ?

Last edited:
Irrelevant now but does a claimer lose his 5lb claim straight away or does it not apply the same day ?

I'm not certain, but I don't think it takes effect on the day. It would be unfair to an owner to find their horse has to carry extra weight without the option to book a different rider, or to a punter who has had a bet based on the horse carrying a particular weight.

Wouldn't know about 5lb to 3lb, but a conditional doesn't lose his claim entirely until he's cleared his declared rides.

Just back from Musselburgh. Live just along the road and really look forward to this meeting. Peaked a bit early today though as only one win and a place. But when the winner is at 18s in the first, can't really complain! Lovely day for it too. Cold but dry

Nice win in the Eider for Wyck Hill, there was a lot expected of him this time last year before he was injured. Too far down the weights to get a run in the National though.

I've backed Bally f*kin Legend on every start in the last year or more but decided he wouldn't stay today. FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought Bally Legend was a fortunate winner. Imo Fehily had the chance to go inside against the rail on Bury Parade, dithered, and the gap closed. The speed which Bury Parade showed after that pretty confirms my thoughts. I'm not a horseman and may be wrong but I really think Bury Parade should have won.

Good to see Roalco de Farges pick up a decent race at Newbury. He had looked a real good handicapper in the making when chasing Tidal Bay home at Sandown, before missing the best part of two years with injury.

A good day for Dan Skelton too with a Stratford treble.

Back