Today's racing

They'll bottle it, they have all year.

They don't target the Middle Park and Dewhurst with their best 2yo, at least not in recent years. Last year's winners (both in Godolphin blue either at the time or subsequently) never ran again or never won again.

They have stated he'll have one more run if going again, that being the Dewhurst.

Let's hope so.

The vagaries of breeding.

Shalaa, good winner of the Middle Park just now, is half brother to two horses who won as juvenile hurlders, Pearl Castle and Dai Bando. What price this fellow for the Triumph Hurdle? You know you want to, Mr Gosden.

Not sure about wandering all over the place, it looked as if he was riding to keep Ryan in the pocket. Almost got up despite the horse seeming to be a 'bit one-paced'.

Fences have improved the horse like most of Henry's end up.

he won this same race in 2013 with Darwins Fox.

sizing platinum today at Roscommon

Last edited:
Workbench catches the eye in the 3.50 but possible to make a case for several in that race
Sir Mangan interesting in the 4.25 on first run for Dan Skelton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I passed Mark Johnstones horsebox on the M6 going past Carlisle this morning presumably going to Musselburgh
Anyone know why? Obviously doesn't have a runner there.

I passed Mark Johnstones horsebox on the M6 going past Carlisle this morning presumably going to Musselburgh
Anyone know why? Obviously doesn't have a runner there.

Rented it out ?

Are you affected by the floods up there fonz ?

Not personally DG, I'm in the south of the city near the racecourse so we're a bit higher up than the affected areas
It's some scene of devastation though, The water is above the crossbar at Carlisle United's ground and above the traffic lights on the busiest roundabout in town.

Carlisle are offering free entry to what looks a decent card on Sunday as a goodwill gesture after the this weeks flood devastation that's hit the county
Good on em!

Well done Pineau De Re. Been a while since a national winner won another race. Bindaree.

Plumpton winner Regal Encore qualifies for a £60k bonus if he wins at the Festival, which handicap though ?

Novices H'cap on the Tuesday
I suppose with this seasons experience over fences he was entitled to win today but he certainly ain't a 2 miler
He could be very interesting when he gets a mark.

Wow how good does Aristo Du Plessis look at musselburgh there!
Went haring off at a searing pace,filled him up and then burned them off again at the last
Off top weight that was seriously impressive.

Back