Totesport Trophy Hurdle

Punjabi...

Pretty decent graded juvenile form, claimer taking 7lb off top weight, came on for his first run in 2006, won even more decisively on his second run in 2007. What is to say he won't improve again from his reappearance 4th (in yet another G1).

There are negatives sure, but there are horses at less than 33/1 who would like his form in the book.

Having laid off BB the other night, I've re-invested my money very speculatively on Doctor David and Pace Shot at monster prices.

Experience make me fear G Moore with J Moore riding, so that s Wingman. But that is head, heart is with Carrachiola this time, as a son of Lando any drying ground will be in his favour too.

I've backed the following for a place:

Caracciola, Dancer's Serenade, Whispered Promises, at c5 & Missis Potts - 14 the place!! the last one

And the following to win: Caracciola at 32, Dancers Serenade at 38
and Five Dream at 6.6 iirc - to pay for the rest if he does win LOL which I think likely, but dull :P

Ah well, some you win...

Well done to those who picked Wingman. The fact he was Jamie Moore's choice had me looking over his chances a few times over the last couple of days but I reasoned that equally strong cases could be made for backing three or four others and I didn't want to get over-involved.

I wasn't impressed with the starter, though. Not long before the race they should the start of the race won by Persian War and they were all standing across the tape. We've had the Grand National delayed for over ten minutes while the starter insisted on the runners all being in line for a marathon event so I'm not sure I understand why he'd allow some horses to be left several lengths at the start of a 2-mile race. Blue Bajan was 20 lengths off the pace as they jumped the first.

Back