Trf- Sad News

Originally posted by an capall@Jul 24 2006, 10:27 PM
I was wondering however, as a non reader of TRF, why the antipathy for a merger with TH and what are the chief differences in the brands?

I hadn't seem any suggestion of a merger nor, therefore, any antipathy towards it but one major difference would be if you think that there is censorship on here, you've seen nothing! Among the words that are banned over there are "Talking Horses", "Final Furlong" and"Betfair Forum".

Remember the "class" sketch from The Frost Report?

Talking Horses thinks it's John Cleese
The Racing Forum thinks it's Ronnie Barker
I'm not sure which Forum aspires to be Ronnie Corbett.

B)

Originally posted by BrianH+Jul 24 2006, 11:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BrianH @ Jul 24 2006, 11:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-an capall@Jul 24 2006, 10:27 PM
I was wondering however, as a non reader of TRF, why the antipathy for a merger with TH and what are the chief differences in the brands?

I hadn't seem any suggestion of a merger nor, therefore, any antipathy towards it [/b][/quote]
There was the suggestion of a merger over at TRF, one which was not popular.

Muttley - I thought one or two people did go way over the top with their opinions on ID possibly supplying the cash to keep the place going. Personally I wasn't about to get involved as that thread was getting a bit out of hand in places.

I think this forum is cliquey, and I am not alone in holding that opinion. (I also think TRF has its strengths and weaknesses, so it isn't that big a deal)

That said, as Aidan pointed out on TRF, it doesn't stop me from posting on here.

There are occasionally some interesting threads on here imo and I don't mind chipping in with my thruppence ha'pennys worth - whether it is welcome or not :lol:

Originally posted by Bar the Bull@Jul 25 2006, 11:38 AM
This forum is cliquey alright, which sometimes does my head in, but it is certainly one of its charms.

If it is then I've managed to upset most of the various cliques from time to time - but in a warm, caring, compassionate way of course.

I also stated this forum is cliquey on TRF, just an early impression i got, maybe i'm wrong and yer just a bit slow to accept newcomers into the Talking Horses house

CharlieD, it took me a year of banging on the door of this forum until they begrudingly eventually let me into the fold. I spent the next year frequently being (almost) reduced to tears, but now I know most of them, I realise they are (overall) quite a nice bunch. Arrogant at times, but in a sort of nice way. It is like a Big Brother house in many ways and acts more like a small community than a forum. Yes, it has some comedians, some complete nutters, some very sensible ones, some arrogant ones, but for the most part the mix is just about right.

I love it when Ted from FF pops in. He is like the nice bloke that lives next door. He pops in, puts his feet up, drinks a quick coffee, tells us a joke, or goes off on one of his rants and then buggers off again! :)

Originally posted by Kathy@Jul 25 2006, 12:25 PM
it took me a year of banging on the door of this forum until they begrudingly eventually let me into the fold.
You lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky bastard. I've been here for, what, three years now or something, and I still feel like an outsider most of the time. :what:

Oh, I still feel like an outsider Simmo, it's just I very occasionally get people to acknowledge I am here now! :P

Irish Stamp, Test Match?? Beaten??? Me???? Shorely sum misteak?

for0403l.jpg

Kathy

from my lurking time here( which has been most days since joining) there does seem a high proportion of nutters :D

As for Ted, i've chatted to him in the FF chatroom a couple of times, another nutter :lol:

Back