Triumph Hurdle 2012

Why on earth would you run a €160k horse if all is not right?

How come Nicholls can give his horses an antibiotic and rest for three days and have them back working and Hughes needs at least two weeks. The all pervading hype about Minsk and the stable's history in punting matters would lead to at least asking the question.

How come Nicholls can give his horses an antibiotic and rest for three days and have them back working and Hughes needs at least two weeks. The all pervading hype about Minsk and the stable's history in punting matters would lead to at least asking the question.

Without being too specific, what history on punting matters?

That conspiracy theory is a bit of a stretch. Dessie must realise that Minsk's jumping is not good enough for Cheltenham. The runny nose might just give him an excuse. He can't have been too badly effected by it as he ran a very good race at the weekend.

Anyone with me on the Hobb's horse for the Triumph?

It's not unusual for Hobss to run them below par before the big one. Menorah was beaten by Ruby on Lush Life for Nicky henderson before winning the Supreme

Sadler's Risk run much more freely early doors than he did in his previous race and that can be a sign of a horse who hasn't been out and about as much as he should have been.

I really liked his attutude when beaten, Hobbs horses aren't in great form and I think he'll do much better on the big day and may even win the Triumph

Last edited:
i think he could well reverse the places with baby mix

whether that will win the triumph im not sure

i am surprised no one mentions the well bred mullins horse darroun aga khan breds have good record in race and he has beaten the winner for the leopardstown grp 1 and come second to the second in that race on his debut

should go on likely ground maybe a doubt as to whether the track suits but the same can be said of the hobbs horse till he runs there

Anyone with me on the Hobb's horse for the Triumph?

Sadler's Risk run much more freely early doors than he did in his previous race and that can be a sign of a horse who hasn't been out and about as much as he should have been.

I really liked his attutude when beaten, Hobbs horses aren't in great form and I think he'll do much better on the big day and may even win the Triumph

I think Baby Mix idled in front and whilst he didn't jump brilliantly at Kempton he was more efficient over his hurdles at Cheltenham when he beat Hinterland. Encouraging.

Paul Nicholls has been dealt another blow with Ranjaan ruled out of the JCB Triumph Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival.
The four-year-old emerged as a serious contender for Grade One honours when he beat Third Intention at Taunton in January, making it two wins from four starts over hurdles.
Third Intention subsequently landed the Grade Two National Spirit Hurdle but any hopes of Cheltenham glory have been dashed after a gallops mishap.
Owners Highclere Thoroughbred Racing tweeted: "Ranjaan is out of the Triumph having sustained an injury on the gallops.
"He will race next season but dreams of Cheltenham glory are dashed. Such disappointing news but thankfully he will be back in action later in the year. Dreaming now of the 2013 Champion Hurdle!"
Ranjaan had been a general 12-1 chance for the Triumph.

Back