Trump vs Harris

I find it hard to think that other people have thought its ok to have someone in charge of the worlds great super power whilst seemingly having dimensia.

I saw some video clips of Trump around the time of his trial and saw more evidence of mental incapacity in them than I did in Biden's (which did look obvious). Biden is definitely physically fragile, which didn't help him.

Trump was fine when speaking in the morning and afternoon but in his evening performances there were a lot of worrying losses of concentration.

His superficiality is staggering. He recently resorted to 'I'm better looking than [whoever it was].' He must have magic mirrors in his mansion.

I don’t think Biden has dementia. But he was too old to stand for another term, something that four years ago he hadn’t planned to do. I just think he’s old and frail and I’m relieved that he stood down. I guess he’d wanted the presidency for so long it frustrated him that, when he finally got the chance to lead the country it was a decade too late. He might now stumble over his words but I’ve never heard him utter the drivel that comes out of Trumps mouth. As for Trumps running mate Vance, he was boo’d off the stage by a group of firefighters the other day who could see that he and Trump weren’t (as they seem to be saying) there for the working man. A very strange choice by Trump.

Well, maybe it’s best not to go onto forums when you’ve been drinking. To be honest I don’t think I want to be on a forum with men who seem to idolise a misogynist like Trump. Oh and on what evidence do you base your view on her sanity?
I'm not a fan of Trump but Harris is a complete cunt -a bystander to a genocide.

They all love to bend the truth a bit.

Today Harris claimed she had made it clear she did not support banning fracking.

She is on video say she absolutely supported banning fracking 100%

Trumpers all jumped on it like a rash but what is the truth?

She did say she 100% did favour banning fracking,

But then Joe Biden asked her to be his VP and in her debate with Mike Pence she clearly stated Joe Biden did not support banning fracking.

So in affect she had to change because the big boss told her to....what she really thinks is ?????

The swing state Pennsylvania depends on fracking that is why they don't want to support a ban

I saw some video clips of Trump around the time of his trial and saw more evidence of mental incapacity in them than I did in Biden's (which did look obvious). Biden is definitely physically fragile, which didn't help him.

Trump was fine when speaking in the morning and afternoon but in his evening performances there were a lot of worrying losses of concentration.

His superficiality is staggering. He recently resorted to 'I'm better looking than [whoever it was].' He must have magic mirrors in his mansion.
C.mon mate he's a workaholic and even someone half his age would have a problem putting in a Trump's day of work...........he's done 4 rally in one day EG

And what does he do at his rallies? Just stands there spouting out gobbledegook! Spends most of his time ( in office and out of it) playing golf!

Correctly predicted 9 out of the last 10 and the one he got wrong was the Gore/Bush dangling chad election where, in retrospect, he was probably correct as well.

Seriously Archie -are we meant to be impressed by this.He has called 9 out of 10 correct since 1984 -how many of those were foregone conclusions.
In my opinion what is significant is the betfair market which had nearly €70 million matched when I last looked -Harris was 2.12 despite having all the momentum in her favour for the last month.I say she doesn't win this.

As I've said several times, anyone having a bet 60 days out is very brave. As it stands, it looks like Pennsylvania will decide it. It's currently even there and postal voting starts in 10 days time.

If Nate Silver thinks it's too close to call, it is too close to call.

Last edited:
Currently on betfair you can back Trump at 1.96 and Harris at 2.14 which works out at slightly less than 98% which is about 1/50 either of them wins.
I reckon I have an angle -posting it on a public forum would destroy that angle but I will contact you directly closer to the time.

Luke, who would you prefer to win the election?
I would be no fan of Trump -Leaving the sexual predator stuff aside I think he has poisoned political discourse in America and beyond.Harris is a bystander to a genocide -I cannot forgive that.There is a chance that Trump will stop both wars -there is a chance he will make them worse.
A pox on both their houses but my preference is for Trump.

I do think it represents a good betting opportunity on the grounds that a lot of Democrats may not vote because of Palestine.I am contemplating my biggest bet in a few years on Trump.

I would be no fan of Trump -Leaving the sexual predator stuff aside I think he has poisoned political discourse in America and beyond.Harris is a bystander to a genocide -I cannot forgive that.There is a chance that Trump will stop both wars -there is a chance he will make them worse.
A pox on both their houses but my preference is for Trump.

I largely agree but every leader in the world has stood by and either watched the genocide unfold or supported Israel in committing it. Trump would be no different and since America has always sucked up to Israel and since most Republicans are pro-Israel I reckon he would have supplied Natanyahu with more weapons - at a profit - rather than try to stop him.

I was told many years ago that a 'moron' is someone with an IQ of 70 or lower so it would seem Trump's reported 77 would see him well-handicapped in a pub quiz for morons.

That reported IQ score story has been debunked but so have Trump's and others' on his behalf that his IQ is in the 150s. Having seen how obsessed he seems to be about IQ scores and listened to his many other crazy notions about just about everything and anything I suspect it's quite low and cannot see how he could in any universe other than his own make a better president than Harris.

I would love to see some reporter, armed with questions prepared by a psychologist, ask Trump those questions and see how he responds. The psychologist would then be able to decipher his responses into some assessment of how his mind works.

Personally, I'd love to see how self-proclaimed genius Trump gets on in a TV debate with a former Attorney General. I reckon she'd turn him inside out.

Next Presidential debate is on Tuesday -my opinion would be as long as Harris doesn't have a knockout victory Trump will win the election.

When Obama came to power the world was full of hope that he would be a force for Good -what did he do that that made him a better President than Trump.

It maybe that both wars have more chance of being resolved under Trump. But at what long term cost? Certainly with no benefit to Palestine or the Ukraine.

Trump wants his voters to believe that kids are going to school as Jimmy, and then returning home as Jemima, all because schools are taking the decision that Jimmy needs a sex-op. And Jimmy’s parents get no say in the matter.

And there are some people on this board, who think that he is a better bet to run the country than Harris; and that he would do a better job than Harris.

The bloke is a lunatic, lying bastard.

Last edited:
Interestingly (if you are a nerd) the momentum on betfair over the last 36 hours has been with Trump.I can't see him winning the debate but as long as Harris doesn't score a knockout blow he will be in pole position for the next few weeks.

I see he got his arse whupped.

Looks to me like the UK media are playing down the margin of victory but Harris now odds-on at Betfair with DT out to evens. That might not last, though.

I can't help thinking that, given his deep and many psychological issues. Trump is starting to impersonate himself and caricaturing it.

The problem is, the American voters are so thick they might still vote for him.

Back