Trump vs Harris

The issue the US faces - the world faces - is that if Trump is re-elected, we know that the vindictive bastard will round on his enemies bigly. He’ll sling them in jail for being unpatriotic, and his braying and moronic voter base will lap it up

You think Trump thinks that he should stop at two presidential terms? If he’s elected, expect some tweaks to the constitution.

The horrendous man is a grave threat to democracy.
Harris has made zero effort to stop a genocide while serving as vice President-she will make no effort to reign in Nethanyahu if elected.Last night she spoke about America having the most lethal military in the world.Regarding foreign policy there will be no significant differences between herself and Trump.

It was pointed out in a podcast I listened to that one of the reasons why America seems to throw up some very odd potential leaders is that not many people actually think they could do the job and many wouldn’t want to anyway. Michelle has always said she doesn’t want it.
Is that because not many could actually do the job.

Harris has made zero effort to stop a genocide while serving as vice President-she will make no effort to reign in Nethanyahu if elected.Last night she spoke about America having the most lethal military in the world.Regarding foreign policy there will be no significant differences between herself and Trump.
There will be, when it comes defending democracy in the US.

Sorry but that is wooly nonsense.
Argue with me, don’t insult my position.

Trump displays all the traits of a dictator. Pumping the courts full of his favoured very conservative judges; pardoning and releasing his fellow felons. He has no regard for the law.

And he’s a populist moron.

My partner said when he was first elected that Trump was creating a dynasty. I’ve not seen or heard anything since to disprove that. What I am concerned about with the Democrat conference ( and I must admit that I haven’t listened to it over the past day or so and hope I’m wrong) is that it’s all so uplifting and positive but are they ignoring the fact that many people, the ones who vote for Trump, are struggling financially ?

My partner said when he was first elected that Trump was creating a dynasty. I’ve not seen or heard anything since to disprove that. What I am concerned about with the Democrat conference ( and I must admit that I haven’t listened to it over the past day or so and hope I’m wrong) is that it’s all so uplifting and positive but are they ignoring the fact that many people, the ones who vote for Trump, are struggling financially ?
Political dynasties are found all over the world -why is it a problem.
How much of the Democrats conference did you actually see or was it just the adoring coverage by BBC/RTE.Harris got rapturous applause when she announced that America would always support Israels right to defend itself and would supply the necessary weapons to Israel.Seconds later she announced that she would work around the clock to help the Palestinians -cue rapturous applause.Shameless stuff -lots of fluff -zero substance.

Argue with me, don’t insult my position.

Trump displays all the traits of a dictator. Pumping the courts full of his favoured very conservative judges; pardoning and releasing his fellow felons. He has no regard for the law.

And he’s a populist moron.
Democrats and Republicans are equally guilty of political appointments.Clinton and Obama also were also guilty of controversial prdons when their terms ended.
The difference between Harris/Trump on foreign policy -if any thing Harris is keen to establish her hawk credentials.

My own view is that 90% of politicians worldwide are self-serving [insert whatever noun you deem appropriate].

But Trump is a different animal altogether on account of his psychological frailties, which make him much more dangerous.

He is Bojo to the power of 10 and if the people of the USA vote him into power it says more about them than it does about him.

I've been arguing since I first studied political economy and economic history at uni 50 years ago that the last thing any country needs is democracy because the people, generally, are too thick to know what's best for the country.

I look at Keir Starmer and I see a man determined to make as much money from politics as Tony Blair did.
Can you explain what he has done to make you think that? He was probably making far more money as a lawyer than he is now. Tony Blair might be rich but he is still very involved politically and has various foundations and projects I believe. Margaret Thatcher made a lot of money promoting cigarette sales to third world countries.

I look at Keir Starmer and I see a man determined to make as much money from politics as Tony Blair did.

To be honest, I'm not seeing that myself and I'd be hugely disappointed if it turned out to be correct.

I'm probably being blinded by my own hopefulness that this government will turn things around for those of us who have suffered under pretty much a generation of savage conservatism.

Blair, along with Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling, pretty much delivered in Labour's first term before the power eventually corrupted Blair. I think Brown and Darling pretty much resisted the darker side.

I'm happy to allow Starmer the benefit of the doubt. Innocent until proven guilty, I suppose.

Can you explain what he has done to make you think that? He was probably making far more money as a lawyer than he is now. Tony Blair might be rich but he is still very involved politically and has various foundations and projects I believe. Margaret Thatcher made a lot of money promoting cigarette sales to third world countries.T

Can you explain what he has done to make you think that? He was probably making far more money as a lawyer than he is now. Tony Blair might be rich but he is still very involved politically and has various foundations and projects I believe. Margaret Thatcher made a lot of money promoting cigarette sales to third world countries.
Thatcher made money selling drugs to the third World while the Blair family 200 million fortune came from working for the greater good-I don't think so.Itwas Mark Thatcher who made the real money getting commission on arms deals.Blair is still involved in politics but he isn't trying to get council houses for constituents or promoting green friendly projects -he is a gun for hire who earns his money from oppressive regimes.

As an Irishman looking on from a distance I think Starmer,Lammy and Rayner are hideous.Starmer seems to be a man with no real beliefs -time will tell.

As an Irishman looking on from a distance I think Starmer,Lammy and Rayner are hideous.Starmer seems to be a man with no real beliefs -time will tell.
As an Irishman are you not grateful that Blair helped to bring peace to N Ireland. And that Starmer was also involved in a legal capacity.

I’m an Englishwoman looking on with similar thoughts! And you can add in Reeves too.

As an Irishman are you not grateful that Blair helped to bring peace to N Ireland. And that Starmer was also involved in a legal capacity.
The Good Friday Agreement was amazing and everyone on these islands should be grateful for it.Iraq tainted his legacy and seeing his family earn a £200 million fortune since he left office cannot be right.

Robin Cooks resignation speech in parliament over Iraq was one of the greatest speeches I’ve ever heard. I always regret not speaking to him when we were stood next to each other at Newbury. I didn’t want to impose on him on a day off but I’m sure he wouldn’t’ve minded.

Robin Cooks resignation speech in parliament over Iraq was one of the greatest speeches I’ve ever heard. I always regret not speaking to him when we were stood next to each other at Newbury. I didn’t want to impose on him on a day off but I’m sure he wouldn’t’ve minded.
Something I must look at on YouTube.

It is remotely possible that Putin is behind this.
He wanted Trump dead to make him a hero. Then another MAGA would take his place, win the election and surrender Ukraine.
So he somehow turns Crooks into a robot man and makes him do this.
Such robot people do exist - the 9-11 hijackers for example.
I can't rule it out.

Not great is it!

Jess Phillips another one. Dear God!

Back