TV coverage

What the fvck is Chapman about??!

Much as I dislike Brian Gleason [as a TV betting correspondent], he doesn't deserve to be on the receiving end of the rudest of manners from Chapman. Pathetic.

Last edited:
He just kept talking/shouting over Gleason when he was trying to speak and then called him uneducated.

I wouldn't mind seeing their respective academic qualifications.

The Irish education system is a lot better than the English one.

Last edited:
They need to sort their graphics out. Second day running they've missed out a section of a big card and in the paddock they often have the wrong graphic on the screen for the horse they're discussin, or no graphic at all.

Anytime I have seen ITV this week it has disappointed me.

Ed Chamberlain eulogising and cheerleading excessively.

Oli Bells morning show is garbage.

The beauty of Ch4 Cheltenham coverage was in catching the horses on the gallops. Now we get horseboxes parking up

ITV racing may ditch the Infared

attachment.php

Attachments

• C7C0OlsW0AA5d1k.jpg
    C7C0OlsW0AA5d1k.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 82
Listened to the last 2 races today via Radio Five Extra - diabolical! In fact its painful to listen to.

Oli Bell, please stop asking your interviewees to "put into words" their answers!!

What do you expect them to do, play Charades??

Oli Bell, please stop asking your interviewees to "put into words" their answers!!

What do you expect them to do, play Charades??

Interpretive dance.

I like itv racing, I've decided. I wasn't one bit sure when it was announced that they'd got it, but actually - I'm really glad !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mick Fitz

'Isnt it amazing, isnt it amazing though that the horse that beat him Douvan...............is injured'

AP

'Djakadam doesnt stay well enough to win a gold cup'

I think a few of you on here are so petty in needing to have a strike at these guys. Its not like you are exactly astute yourselfs is it?, or any good in front of a camera? What I read here is typical "can't do but can spot when others can't do" mentality. The coverage has been top notch, I'd be looking at yourselves and check if actually, you don't really even like yourselves never mind anyone else.

Some of the reading here is boredom reading in the extreme, is it really what you are like as individuals? I'm surprised you don't top yourselfs with the negativity you appear to view life through. I imagine a lottery win would disappoint a few of you.

Last edited:
I think a few of you on here are so petty in needing to have a strike at these guys. Its not like you are exactly astute yourselfs is it?, or any good in front of a camera? What I read here is typical "can't do but can spot when others can't do" mentality. The coverage has been top notch, I'd be looking at yourselves and check if actually, you don't really even like yourselves never mind anyone else.

Some of the reading here is boredom reading in the extreme, is it really what you are like as individuals? I'm surprised you don't top yourselfs with the negativity you appear to view life through. I imagine a lottery win would disappoint a few of you.

Completely agree! I really enjoyed a lot of the ITV coverage - I don't have RUK or ATR so can't comment on comparisons but after listening to R5 live - that WAS poor! Its been entertaining, informative and hit just the right blend of expert/novice viewer. AND they showed plenty of horses in the paddock (so they are obviously reading public criticism) And actually as you say, its not like many on here does any media work (I know one of two do). I have recently taken on a job reporting for a few point to points. I love writing the preview but on the day interviewing the winning connections is actually quite hard despite the fact they are obviously delighted with their horses.

There are plenty of very fine broadcasters, from which ITV racing has had its pick when setting up. They chose Mick Fitzgerald. it struck me that the coverage is akin to NBCs coverage of the Breeders Cup and racing fans need to go elsewhere to get knowledgeable coverage. The brief cameos of Brough Scott showing a glimpse of what could be possible. There were plenty of people complaining about Jim McGrath and John Francome when on screen. They were leagues ahead of what is now on. Lydia Hislop, Nick Luck likewise.

While I may or not be good in front of a camera, you would think that its a prerequisite of a person whose job it is to be in front of a camera.

I presume you're speaking for yourself.

I spent 35 years instructing people on how to talk intelligently and knowledgably in front of recording equipment.

I know what I'm talking about.

There are plenty of very fine broadcasters, from which ITV racing has had its pick when setting up. They chose Mick Fitzgerald. it struck me that the coverage is akin to NBCs coverage of the Breeders Cup and racing fans need to go elsewhere to get knowledgeable coverage. The brief cameos of Brough Scott showing a glimpse of what could be possible. There were plenty of people complaining about Jim McGrath and John Francome when on screen. They were leagues ahead of what is now on. Lydia Hislop, Nick Luck likewise.

While I may or not be good in front of a camera, you would think that its a prerequisite of a person whose job it is to be in front of a camera.

Wot 'e says, like.

Was there in the flesh Wednesday and standing near the weighing room, opposite McCoy and the others the whole day. McCoy looked utterly peed off most of the time and several times had a look on his face which looked as if he was saying 'what I am doing here with these eejits? '

Back