TV coverage

Home ashes have been retained but it's on BT Sport when we're in Australia this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason Weaver's not doing badly is he! Missed the middle one, but that's two he's flagged up at good prices so far.

They bounce off each other well on ATR but Weaver seems much more accomplished as part of a team than his pal does.

Last edited:
As one of Hayley Turnip's biggest critics, I feared the worst when started wittering on during the morning programme but she's actually been very goo through the afternoon. She could do with some coaching in grammatical English but the substance isn't too bad at all. Jason Weaver has been a revelation for me. Is he always like this?

Shame about the AW racing, though. I pretty much never get the chance to see it but if today's races at kempton are anything to go by, it's a complete waste of time from a punting perspective. Only one or two horses per race are getting to show their form for one reason or another.

The director wants shooting for going to a camera angle at the last in the Aintree Hurdle that completely cut TNO (still challenging for the lead at the time) out of the picture. Save that for the post-race slow-mos.

RUK pictures of the Foxhunters were'nt that good either, despite the camera car being just in front of the field they kept zooming in so you couldn't make out what was happening behind

Really disappointed they made so little of the winner of the Foxhunter. Trainer Mickey Bowen (brother of Sean and James, and son of Peter) is all of about 18 and had only about 7 or 8 horses in training. Pretty good performance despite his connections.

I thought they made plenty of it, jinnyj. Shame about the rest of the coverage.

Just got it all on in the background as I work on tomorrow's card. Enjoyed the chat with Francome, O'Neill, Scudamore and McIlvanney about old Nationals.

Coverage is superior to Ch4-really liked the feature with Jonjo,Scu and Framcome and more importantly the complete absence of pr bullshit from bookmakers.
I just finished watching the Cheltenham coverage this week and in my opinion this is as good as it gets on terrestial tv.

and more importantly the complete absence of pr bullshit from bookmakers.

As far as featuring w@nkers from Coral, Ladbrokes & Betfair et al is concerned, that's maybe fair enough comment. But we're still getting too much meaningless shite from Chapman's ring adventures.

Bring on the Williams woman... she at least was worth listening to.

Angus McNae gets right on my Eartha's, but RUK is otherwise doing a first-class job with their National build-up. Fair play.

Back