TV coverage

Looks like “broadcaster “ Emily Jones has moved on to be a racecourse Judge....just spent nearly 5 minutes before confirming the last winner at Newbury...the distance was a 1/2 length

Talking about “experts”...

Josh Apiafi is awful on Sky Sports Racing

One of his words of wisdom yesterday was “ a great jockey booking in Jason Watson “....only problem it was a 2mile hurdle at Newcastle with 7lb conditional Jason Dixon riding

I've got the TV on in the next room while I'm 'working'.

Oli Bell has just pronounced Monsieur Lecoq "mon-shoor Lecoq".

I despair.

Hopefully Francesca will deem that so unforgivable as to deny him his comforting role for a day or two.

Did Oli not even do first-year French????

I used to teach that stuff to Primary 4 kids.

Last edited:
Also, I've just walked past the telly and noticed them wearing scarves. Similar patterns but different colours. Did I miss something? Are they advertising a mate's scarf business?

(It does make them look pretty wankerish, especially the way Chapman is wearing his.)

Farcical scenes at Sandown with stewards calling the result at the wrong winning post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for all the books that have paid the eventual second as a winner. Fortunately for me SkyBet followed those announced on the telly box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely not that many punters would have collected on the mistaken result?

After all, this wasn't an odds-on shot 'winning'.

And any bookmaker worth his salt would have held off paying out until the result was ratified given it was pretty obvious to anyone watching that a) it was the wrong call and b) there was no way there was a neck in it.

It's easy for me to say I would have offered to return any winnings paid in error (I would have as I would have accepted that my horse didn't win the race) but the chances are I wouldn't have got to the bookies fast enough to have collected in the first place!

I doubt it cost the industry any more than a grand or two.

News that Paul and Clare Rooney have instructed their trainers not to make entries at racecourses with two winning posts.

Surely not that many punters would have collected on the mistaken result?

After all, this wasn't an odds-on shot 'winning'.

And any bookmaker worth his salt would have held off paying out until the result was ratified given it was pretty obvious to anyone watching that a) it was the wrong call and b) there was no way there was a neck in it.

It's easy for me to say I would have offered to return any winnings paid in error (I would have as I would have accepted that my horse didn't win the race) but the chances are I wouldn't have got to the bookies fast enough to have collected in the first place!

I doubt it cost the industry any more than a grand or two.

What planet are you living on.

RUK morning coverage has been beyond bad

For festival week there should be zero need to broadcast repeat segments. If I see Choc Thornton again..

The ITV intro for Altior was brilliant.

He was quite passionate but not sure how well his opinion will go down with the promoters of racing. Essentially his argument was money comes before the welfare of a horse.

Back