TV coverage

Clare Balding back to head the coverage for all the major racedays next year on C4, flat and NH, wonder what Lord Snooty makes of that.

Nice one colin

im not entirely convinced this is going to send ratings through the roof ....somehow.

Trouble is if he wants to do media work then people will find it hard to say no. Despite the sinking feeling. I mean who's going to tell him "you were a great jockey mate, but a bit of a boring cnt so kindly fck off and do something else" ?

In my opinion the only jockey or ex jockey to make a good pundit is Ruby when he appears on RTE-can be fairly blunt but that's better then the don't rock the boat approach that most of them have.

In my opinion the only jockey or ex jockey to make a good pundit is Ruby when he appears on RTE-can be fairly blunt but that's better then the don't rock the boat approach that most of them have.

All the Walsh family are TV Gold.

It will be on Wilson. If not someone is gonna get a verbal assault of mammoth proportions.

Come on Red.

Melbourne Cup not being shown on British TV this year according to the RP. Strange as they (ATR) have a program from 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM which includes coverage from Flemington plus looking at the SKY TV guide Eurosport are showing it too :confused:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/live.sd?event_id=12944324&category=0

Eurosport, Sky channel 412, will broadcast a 60-minute show beginning at 3.15am on Tuesday morning.

HE Emirates Melbourne Cup will not be shown live on At The Races in the early hours of Tuesday morning, although international racing fans can watch the race as it unfolds on Eurosport. The Flemington spectacular, due off at 4am GMT, has in previous years been covered by ATR but this year Eurosport has agreed an exclusive deal for live rights to the AUS$6.2m contest.
ATR broadcast director Rob Dakin said: "We’re clearly disappointed not to show the Melbourne Cup live this year but we weren’t given the opportunity to secure the rights.
"The live rights have been sold to Eurosport. However, we will show a full replay including the pre- and post-racing coverage at 9am."
Eurosport, available on Sky channel 412, will broadcast a 60-minute show beginning at 3.15am on Tuesday morning.
For the past 12 months a series of prolonged contractual disputes for the rights to transmit races in Melbourne and Sydney have dogged Australian racing.

Last edited:
I have had a chunky bet on Max Dynamite at 11/1-I can see him starting at 7/1 or less-biggest Irish gamble since Papillon.

Fair play to the winner, she gave it a good ride.
Ricci nearly strikes down under.

Fingers crossed for Red.

Australian coverage was ridiculously dull.Dettori got banned for a month for careless riding-I look forward to someone in the media saying he gave it a balls of a ride-it will need to be someone like me bitter at seeing several thousand in winnings disappearing.

I was on Max Dynamite too, have no doubt he'd have won with a clearer run and initially blamed Dettori for not trying to get off the rail sooner but the cup is a notoriously difficult race to ride so c'est la vie and congratulations to the winner and connections for the fairytale moment and nice to heat that Red Cadeuax is at least stable.

I got back from there last week and was winding the Aussies up that the winner would come from these isles and was so nearly right but I remain convinced that we will start nailing this race at some point.

Having spent the last few days watching a fair bit of racing, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of the sports problems - insofar as its appeal to a wider audience is concerned - is that the presenters are all uniformly-hideous, ugly bastards. There is barely a nose that isn't crooked, an eye that doesn't swivel, a haircut that doesnt look self-imposed, or an outfit that doesn't look borrowed from 'Play for Today'.

I'm pretty-sure that viewing figures would sky-rocket if handsome, sartorial types like Digger and An Capall, were given a run-out on a Saturday afternoon - a case of 'Never mind the quality - check-out the Tinder hits'.

Last edited:
Having spent the last few days watching a fair bit of racing, I've come to the conclusion that a lot of Racing's problems - insofar as its appeal to a wider audience is concerned - is that the presenter are uniformly-hideous, ugly bastards. There is barely a nose that isn't crooked, an eye that doesn't swivel, a haircut that doesnt look self-imposed, or an outfit that doesn't looked robbed from a 70's sit-com.

I'm pretty-sure that viewing figures would sky-rocket if handsome, sartorial types like Digger and An Capall, were given a run-out on a Saturday afternoon.

Happy to do it...but I'd need Natalie Sawyers to give me a "hand"

Jodie Kidd and Denis Lewis are the fittest birds I've seen paraded on channel 4's coverage over the years - it says a lot - surely this was what Big Mac meant when he used to say 'come racing'!

Last edited:
Noel Fehily's 1000th career win in the bumper at Warwick, yet Alex Steedman and the useless pundit chappie who was on with him seemed totally unaware of it. Not a mention.

I sometimes wonder what these people are for.

Back