TV coverage

Sky Sports Racing is part of the standard cable package in Ireland, I believe? It certainly is on Virgin

Well I get it as a standard part of my Virgin package without paying anything extra for it. As far as I'm concerned that makes it free to me.

How many people would you say pay nothing at all for their TV?

Well I get it as a standard part of my Virgin package without paying anything extra for it. As far as I'm concerned that makes it free to me.

How many people would you say pay nothing at all for their TV?

How am I supposed to know? All I know is there's no monthly bill for me unless I pay extra for RTV or Sky Sports online. No matter what happens if I want to watch racing I have to pay for it. So you saying, "it's on the free channel" is blatantly wrong.

Sky Sports Racing is part of the standard cable package in Ireland, I believe? It certainly is on Virgin

I get it ‘free’ with my Virgin over here, in good ol’ England.

Racing TV is a complete separate package and is £25 a month.

How am I supposed to know? All I know is there's no monthly bill for me unless I pay extra for RTV or Sky Sports online. No matter what happens if I want to watch racing I have to pay for it. So you saying, "it's on the free channel" is blatantly wrong.

I take it you understood the point of the coverage being prioritsed on one channel and not given the time of day on another

I take it you understood the point of the coverage being prioritsed on one channel and not given the time of day on another

I understand "coverage being prioritised on one channel and not given the time of day on another" is something people have said. I never had ATR or watched much Irish racing on Sky. I have the web stream of RTV and I choose the individual Irish broadcasts. My complaint with that is the stream can sometimes be unreliable and the interface dodgy. When I've been in the pub I've seen the split screen on RTV and it annoys me.

Is it prioritised more? I don't know. I wasn't talking about that at all. I was saying that no matter which way you split it I'll have to pay if I want to watch racing at home. I take it you understood that point.

More power to Sky's elbow,imo. The more fixtures they gain from RTV, the harder it will become for the UK courses to call the tune on our sport.

Sky racing is part of the bundle. Racing TV isn't. Simples.

Grey - I only pay 12 extra pm for RTV, but I'm a Sky subsciber - all bells and whistles included. I'd prefer it to revert back, although I do think Gary O'Brien is the finest link man for racing on any channel.

Sky racing is part of the bundle. Racing TV isn't. Simples.

Grey - I only pay 12 extra pm for RTV, but I'm a Sky subsciber - all bells and whistles included. I'd prefer it to revert back, although I do think Gary O'Brien is the finest link man for racing on any channel.

He'll follow Irish racing around wherever it ends up

Replace Ruby with Barry

Wonderful camera work there in the 12.40 at Catterick. Completely forgot to show the winner from the last flight until 10M before the line. Up close on the runner up despite the excitable commentator calling the other one home. FFS.

Luke Harvey doesn’t know why Knight in Dubai has been backed in to fav. Nothing to do with the fact the Skeltons have already had 3 winners then [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A new one on me too but Chantry House jumped like a bag of hammers there

He said during the race that Aidan Coleman should pull Paisley Park up after getting left at the start. Aidan just left it to Paisley who picked up the bridle and won with his ears pricked....quite possibly the nicest, most publicly appreciated winner I have seen all season. He got three cheers in the winning enclosure....how often does that happen for a horse?

I'm a great believer in the intelligence of horses.

I hope that reception registered with Paisley Park and that he goes forward on it.

Reminded me of Golden Thursday.

Francesca pundit at Cheltenham and (Thursday) Mick Fitz pundit at Southwell AW. Lord help us, if that's the best they can do.:thumbsdown:

He said during the race that Aidan Coleman should pull Paisley Park up after getting left at the start. Aidan just left it to Paisley who picked up the bridle and won with his ears pricked....quite possibly the nicest, most publicly appreciated winner I have seen all season. He got three cheers in the winning enclosure....how often does that happen for a horse?

I loved the interview with Aiden after where he said he just threw the reins at him after the first and told him to do it himself if he wants to get back into it, “I’m not helping you, you’ve already annoyed me” [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Last edited:
Yes that was absolutely lovely. You could see just how much it meant to Aidan.

Real shame Andrew Gemell wasn’t there today as imagine the buzz he would have had hearing that in the winners enclosure.

Back