TV coverage

He says that about every favourite he puts up though. It's a pretty low-risk approach.

Let him put up a 10/1 shot as a "near-certainty" and give him due praise when it wins.

I have hear him call horses certainties or near certainties 3 times -yesterday,Douvan at the festival and Neon Wolf in the Rossington Main -not a bad record.

I have hear him call horses certainties or near certainties 3 times -yesterday,Douvan at the festival and Neon Wolf in the Rossington Main -not a bad record.

Im sure it was Defi Du Seul at the festival that was his raving certainty, I don't recall him shouting from the rooftops about Douvan.

Matt Chapman presented the Opening Show today in Bell's absence and did a better job, I thought.

What's happened, incidentally, to Francesca Cumani? I'm sure she was said to have been signed up and I was expecting to see her once the Flat action got under way but there's been no sign of her at all.

According to something I've just seen on Facebook( must be right then :)) she will be joining the ITV coverage on Guineas weekend.

According to something I've just seen on Facebook( must be right then :)) she will be joining the ITV coverage on Guineas weekend.

Thanks for the information. Sounds like she may be involved only on the big days.

What's this "Facebook"?

FB isn't technology, is a better marketed yahoo messenger, Myspace or other incarnations of social nature but far more dangerous in that it sends all its meta-data of its 900 hundreds million users back to NSA, CIA and other third-party interests so they can mass spy and control the population. While some idiots think its good because it prevents terrorism, it shows the ignorance to facts which most importantly is that not a single terrorist attack has been prevented using mass-surveillance. The classic police methods of investigating the leads and pursuing a number of known targets is still the only way that they effectively use in counter-terrorism. Just look few days ago at Philippines who foiled a terrorist attack without mass-spying on its population.

First TV race from Goodwood... the winner gets a mention but nothing else. What's that all about? What about the so-called casual viewers they're trying to attract - supposedly - who've placed £1 ew on something else? They're going to be royally pissed off not knowing for sure if they're getting money back.

So far not over-impressed with Ms Cumani. Stating the obvious for the most part and churning out lazy trends stuff. Tarnya with a makeover.

While I never like Hayley Turner as a jockey I've enjoyed her input as a pundit but she let herself down today by repeatedly referring to Suzi's Connoisseur as 'she'.

Also disappointingly brief coverage of Goodwood. Not even a replay of the finishes.

Think her observations are sound. She is a tad overdressed though and looks as though she should be at Royal Ascot!

Francesca mixing her metaphors all over the shop today and the programme has only just started.

And both she and Chapman are mispronouncing Rhododendron. Since when did it end with an 'm'??!!

I also watched some of yesterday's coverage again this morning. I tend not to watch the in-between stuff much but noticed the annoying playing of the theme music in the background while Chapman was talking. What fuckwit in the production of programmes thinks this is clever?

Charles Hills in the paddock....are the horses on the way to the start?
James Tate on the rail.......are the horses on the way to the start?
Rhododendron in the pre parade, in the paddock, on the way to the start, bit of Fair Eva at the start cos she happened to be standing behind Ms Turner until Ryan got there, Rhododendron at the start. Aiden O'Brien on the phone. Rhododendron at the start.
She didn't win.

It irritated me that they seemed to barely mention Winter when speaking to Aiden O'Brien after the race, lots of questions about Rhododendron, was she unlucky, what next etc., etc. but very little about the winner.

This was Winter's day and imo the focus should have been more on her.

Johnny Murtagh has been an interesting temporary addition the last couple of days; not afraid to give his opinions and much better at getting across insights into the life of a jockey than the likes of Mick Fitz.

Johnny Murtagh has been an interesting temporary addition the last couple of days; not afraid to give his opinions and much better at getting across insights into the life of a jockey than the likes of Mick Fitz.

Aye - one tells it like it is, while the other's a 'pretend' expert pundit that wouldn't fool a 5 year old.

Back