TV coverage

Theres been a few over the years.theres some good photos on facebook.
Was it ubedizzy that had to wear a muzzle.

Yes & Andy Crook lost a finger because of this rogue

Arcadian Heights the Gold Cup winner should have been muzzled too

Last edited:
A few observations so far:

Cumani has upped her Australian mentions by about 150%....Oh and I think she looks pregnant again?

The American woman yesterday had had so much plastic surgery, her face literally didn’t move...Botox, fillers and plumped lips, that I wasn’t listening to a word she said

Megan (dare I say it) is improving slowly. Her input on the Opening Show has been much better.

Rubys analysis is good and an asset imo. I’m just glad they haven’t wheeled out AP.

FFS I’m about to open a book on the Australian mentions....it must be about 836 so far today!

FFS I’m about to open a book on the Australian mentions....it must be about 836 so far today!

Or she's struggling to hold on to her job down there and trying to brown nose. She adds absolutely nothing.

Ollie's another one , contributes nothing.

Ruby is gold. Love listening to him , think they should give him his own hour show after racing to go back over everything. An hour at least.

Been at work today so seen nothing other than just looked the results. Is it worth sitting through the whole show on iplayer or just watch the replies on Sporting Life website?

Last edited:
It may have been the case that as they had an Australian guest she felt it was appropriate. But hey, if you guys just want to bitch about her don't let me stop you.

It may have been the case that as they had an Australian guest she felt it was appropriate. But hey, if you guys just want to bitch about her don't let me stop you.

Its an observation. She does it continuously on a normal day but has upped the ante this week. So what she worked in Australia, Jason worked in the US for a while, he doesn’t go on and on about the country. She’s presenting a show about British Racing NOT Australian.

Agree re Ruby. His insight is excellent.

I am pleased they have toned down the Social Stable and Fashion sections too.

Aussie friend just confirmed that the coverage on their racing channel is the ITV feed, so Cumani protecting her big dollar contract there!

Doubtful!

That aside I think Adele is excellent in her explanations of horse anatomy and how it helps and what to look for.

The thing is, I (for example) tend to make my bets during the evening of the 48h dec stage, having spent that day crunching my numbers. I have to take on trust the fitness and wellbeing of the ones I've backed. If I wait until the TV coverage of the paddock I could miss out on better odds.

It's not a complaint. It's just a fact. Sure, if the paddock coverage tells me my horse is bursting with condition then it will make me feel better, and vice versa.

But it is still educational. Unfortunately it isn't absorbing into my skillset.

Quote Originally Posted by jinnyj View Post
Doubtful!

That aside I think Adele is excellent in her explanations of horse anatomy and how it helps and what to look for.
Agree;she stands out in a sea of dross

She and Ruby are so far clear of rest.

Agree re Adele just would be nice if she had a bit longer to talk about each horse, and/or we could get a look at all of them.

Have to say, pathetically, very envious of Megan's outfit today. Thought that was beautiful.
Cesca looked like a refugee from Dynasty.

Agree with longer from Adele and she’s loads better than FC. I did laugh about your Dynasty analogy! Apparently her dresser gets her outfits in charity shops and online so she’s never in an outfit the same as someone else. Sometimes she looks good but do agree about today...and I’m convinced she’s pregnant again.

Megan did look lovely today and she has been better this week especially on the Opening Show. One thing I will say about ITV, they do coach their presenters....look how imp over Rishi is these days.

Charlotte Hawkins always looks stunning...the pink a couple of days ago was beautiful. As was the Princess of Wales today....oh to have a figure like that!

One thing I will say about ITV, they do coach their presenters....look how imp over Rishi is these days.

I'm one if his biggest critics but I have to agree. He is almost bearable now.

Charlotte Hawkins always looks stunning...the pink a couple of days ago was beautiful.

Not the most beautiful of women but she does always wear beautiful stuff. But she'd make a bin liner look smart. I much prefer her figure to William's missus. She's just looking skinny these days.

Last edited:
Back