Un de Sceaux

I've not seen Un de Sceaux or Douvan before [I'm cramming for next week]. Is he feeding them on rocket fuel? Blimey. [with racing being banned on utube for so many years I often forget to look on there for it].

If you want pointers of where to find video form just ask. There's better sources than Youtube.

Regarding Des, just listen to his commentary on Quantitativeeasing in his bumper run. Hillarious.

Have you been hiding under a rock Moe?!! :lol: :cool:

Machines... UDS in particular. I've almost given up on the win part of my Josses Hill bet!!

He was calling 'The Lobster Catcher' 'The Oyster Catcher' for most of the race the other week [or was it the other way round]. It all adds to the fun! I can probablly forgive Quantitativeeasing which sounds like an anagram of itself.

I've got a cr*p computer and don't have RUK. Which is for the best as, if I did, I'd never get any work done. It's our Birmingham preview night tomorrow which is why I'm cramming [don't want to look more dim than usual!]. And I'm still trying to work out how to pronounce Saint des Saints [again so as not to appear stupid].

I've got a cr*p computer and don't have RUK. Which is for the best as, if I did, I'd never get any work done. It's our Birmingham preview night tomorrow which is why I'm cramming [don't want to look more dim than usual!]. And I'm still trying to work out how to pronounce Saint des Saints [again so as not to appear stupid].

If you say 'San day San' without fully pronouncing the 'n', you'll be as close as anybody! 'Day' would be much less stressed than the two 'San'.

(The plural 's' would be silent in French.)

Last edited:
If you want pointers of where to find video form just ask. There's better sources than Youtube.

Regarding Des, just listen to his commentary on Quantitativeeasing in his bumper run. Hillarious.

I just went and watched this - Had me rolling about laughing!!! Anyone who has ATR website access should go and watch this. I'm not even sure what Des actually says!! Its hilarious!!

Are you talking ATR and RUK? or is there some other site you would recommend?

Yes very good. You can tell Des didn't fancy the name as no mention of the 2nd fav until he'd virtually hit the front a furlong out. Class

Are you talking ATR and RUK? or is there some other site you would recommend?

Just open a Skybet account for nothing, then go to the Sporting life videos archive and you can watch any race you want. You can watch races side by side to compare times, replay back and forth, time them etc. Watch them about 30 minutes after they have run.

Last edited:
Tried before Max I think it may be for UK customers only or the site could be blocked in Thailand..............no problem with RUK themselves or ATR just some bookie sites

Such a shame as I've always held Skybet in the highest regard..............as the worst bookie on the planet:)

There are definitely ways of doing it Tanlic. Originally in Australia I paid a small monthly fee for Identitycloaker which would show my IP address as being in the UK.

I then discovered some other links. Trouble is I can't remember the names as they were on my favourites on a computer I ditched and replaced when I got home. In fact if anyone knows them could they send me a pm please so I can restore them to my favourites.

Last edited:
Just subscribe to a free identity blocker Tanlic, there are a few decent ones out there.

I use the excellent and free Tunnel Bearon my iPad (obviously doesn't support the SL video) but Identity Cloaker is great for PC usage.

Or even pay the £5 5-7 day subscription that many offer.

Just been looking back at the Arkle results over the last 10 years.

No point really other than only PN and Nicky have manged to win the race with the favourite

I just wonder how many of the others were thought to be unbeatable, a good thing etc.

One should never forget these horses are like teenagers......carefree unreliable and unpredictable......happy punting:)

2000 Decoupage 7/4F poor 3rd

2002 Seebald (GER) 5/2F 4l 2nd to Moscow Flyer

2003 Azertyuiop (FR) 5/4F WON

2004 Thisthatandtother (IRE) 5/2F Fell 2nd

2005 War Of Attrition (IRE) 11/4F never looked like winning 7th

2006 Racing Demon (IRE) 9/2F never looked like winning 7th

2007 Fair Along (GER) 100/30F never nearer 5 length 2nd to MWDS

2008 Noland 7/4F finished a poor 3rd to Tidal Bay

2009 Tatenen (FR) 4/1F Fell 3rd fence

2010 Captain Cee Bee (IRE) 5/2F broke blood vessel 8th

2011 Medermit (FR) 11/4F 4th

2012 Sprinter Sacre (FR) 8/11F Won

2013 Simonsig 8/15F Won

2014 Champagne Fever + Trifolium (FR) 11/4J 2nd and 3rd

Just been looking back at the Arkle results over the last 10 years.

No point really other than only PN and Nicky have manged to win the race with the favourite

I just wonder how many of the others were thought to be unbeatable, a good thing etc.

One should never forget these horses are like teenagers......carefree unreliable and unpredictable......happy punting:)

2000 Decoupage 7/4F poor 3rd

2002 Seebald (GER) 5/2F 4l 2nd to Moscow Flyer

2003 Azertyuiop (FR) 5/4F WON

2004 Thisthatandtother (IRE) 5/2F Fell 2nd

2005 War Of Attrition (IRE) 11/4F never looked like winning 7th

2006 Racing Demon (IRE) 9/2F never looked like winning 7th

2007 Fair Along (GER) 100/30F never nearer 5 length 2nd to MWDS

2008 Noland 7/4F finished a poor 3rd to Tidal Bay

2009 Tatenen (FR) 4/1F Fell 3rd fence

2010 Captain Cee Bee (IRE) 5/2F broke blood vessel 8th

2011 Medermit (FR) 11/4F 4th

2012 Sprinter Sacre (FR) 8/11F Won

2013 Simonsig 8/15F Won

2014 Champagne Fever + Trifolium (FR) 11/4J 2nd and 3rd

the real strong fav's ..6/4 or less won 3 from 3 though

Last edited:
This could be a year when the inferential stats don't apply . Don't know if anyone is practised in the dark arts of statistics . Not taking a chance , doing that 4 timer :)

I can't remember Granger but I do remember Simonsig was a monster who was even more frightening than this horse..............This horse is hard to sum up as he's very straight forward and has galloped average horses into the ground. There's nothing flash about him you expect from a budding champion but up to now he gets the job done.

Even his jumping is straight forward it's not like he's coming out of Ruby's hands he just does whet he has to do to get from one side to the other....He's pretty much the perfect ride and could be anything or nothing which we'll find out on Tuesday when no quarter is given and he faces the toughest challenge of his life.

Back