Un de Sceaux

Simonsig, prev fest win so had course form. Also had no F in form figures. UDS does look exceptional though, just something in the back of my mind says he won't get round.

That would be a real bummer....I hope he does get round then we'll now exactly how good he is. Some of these races these Irish Novices win are a joke especially when its a WMP hot pot....After you sir and absolutely no intention of chasing them or getting to close incase the handicapper messes up their future careers

Who had the best form going into the race, Simonsig or UDS?
simonsig had the better hurdle & course form. won the neptune. uds dual beating of gemix shouldn't be discounted though.

simonsig didnt win a chase like uds winning the irish arkle though.

as average as the opposition looks this year i think simonsig faced even less though. the main danger (overturn) had no chance in the ground (hated soft). simonsig won and id say he ran around 20lbs below his best that day.

As a hurdler I rate UDS much better than Simonsig.
the form is top class, I think he is a good jumper and should win the arkle in what is a vintage edition,
vibrato is very good horse.

I'm on the UDS Vautour double but would be concerned about vibrato. Going to have a decent saver with Paddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's called pre-race nerves Benny...You think they're bad just now wait until they're at the post and walking round.

Sound down because you don't want to hear what they're saying.

They're off! and Ruby doesn't go flying off like a mad man but sits a length in front then it'll be wtf is he doing.

Alas all the panic was for nothing as he strolls home alone........fookin better :blink:

These bookies have some pair of balls on them.....I just saw 6/4 for next years QMCC and this years hasn't been run yet.

I hate to be predictable but Sprinter Scare 2012 would have picked him up and carried him and if he or SDG win this tears I'd lay UDS all day long with 12 months to go.

He could of course improve.....time will tell but I think what you see is what you get.......

great jumping and loved the way he powered up the hill. was getting a little worried coming to the last.

Definitely a bit better performance than I thought at first, having just watched it again.

Ruby has been very cautious on him..probably because he felt the only way he could be beaten is if he'd fallen.

How far he'd have won had Ruby stepped on the gas from the word go and gone 10 clear is anyone's guess but it would have been a very long way

That's exactly as I see it Tanlic. It's not often you say a horse wins with plenty in hand at this level, but if he'd gone earlier he'd have won by a long way. It also impressed me the way he went again up the hill when Ruby asked him.

An injury free Un De Sceaux will dominate for a few years to come.

Lovely horse to watch and agree if he keeps fit will be a star for a years, the yard could get a repeat next year assuming Douvan will be lined up for the Arkle, they are not going to take on Faugheen are they

Hard to argue that the horse doesn't look a horse of huge potential but how many 2 milers have we seen turn up, look like they might win 3 CC in a row only to fade, for a number of reasons. Master Minded and Sprinter Sacre the latest two...

This time next year Douvan could be fav for the 2017 Champion Chase....

Last edited:
Props to UDS.

Always fancied him for this, but he has blown my theory that he needs it bottomless out the water. With the benefit of hindsight, I'd say he probably would have won last year's Champion Hurdle, if they'd allowed him to take his chance.

Proper horse.

Hard to argue that the horse doesn't look a horse of huge potential but how many 2 milers have we seen turn up, look like they might win 3 CC in a row only to fade, for a number of reasons. Master Minded and Sprinter Sacre the latest two...

This time next year Douvan could be fav for the 2017 Champion Chase....
love UDS but best price 3/1 for the Champ Chase next year is a little daft and I can easily avoid.

Saw Betway the only bookie with a price on the Arkle though. 6/1 Douvan. I'd hammer into that but don't have an account with them & aren't they a bit of a rogue book?

If anyone else offers 5/1+ I'll be taking it.

I shall reserve judgement until after the Champion Chase today.:)

This comic talk about Douvan running in the QMCC next year and UDS would have won last years Champion Hurdle is driving me bonkers.

A novice running in the QMCC and an Novice winning a Champion Hurdle........get a grip ffs...The excitement of Cheltenham is causing rushes of blood to your heads

I shall reserve judgement until after the Champion Chase today.:)

This comic talk about Douvan running in the QMCC next year and UDS would have won last years Champion Hurdle is driving me bonkers.

A novice running in the QMCC and an Novice winning a Champion Hurdle........get a grip ffs...The excitement of Cheltenham is causing rushes of blood to your heads

glad to see Grass has joined the UDS could have won the CH fold:)

You say novice..he was 6 years old last year..how many races over hurdles did Alderbrook have Tanlic...or Royal Gait..they were novices..and won comfy

at the side of those ...UDS was a seasoned hurdler last year coming into the CH

so its not comic book at all..its not impossible to win a CH even with only one previous hurdle run

Back