Unexposed types to watch.

MICKDAAM 2-y-o bay colt trained by Richard Fahey.

I'm not sure what this youngster has done to deserve having his career ruined by being mentioned by me on this thread but there you go.

It's the time of the season when the more long term prospects start making themselves known and the maiden that this one ran in on the July Course on Friday looked a decent event.

MICKDAAM is a big colt and has a frame to grow into, he was making his debut here and missed the break, he made headway when ridden two out and he was going on nicely at the finish to take third place 2 3/4 lengths behind the winner, Rougement. His SP of 25/1 suggested that not too much was expected in this sort of company. With this race behind him he should go on to win races, possibly over a mile, he is quite stoutly bred.

Two today:

EUREKA (Ardross) Newbury 3.30

KLEITOMACHOS (me) Haydock 9.10

The second named gets his first run in a handicap off a mark of 70 (seems fair).

With the poor weather forecast the going may be a bit of an issue by the time of the off, the distance (20 yds. short of 12 furlongs) should suit, Hanagan has been engaged, 12.5 win and 3.3 place available in the early Betfair market.

I've got to be hopeful.

One today:

SLUGGSY MORANT (me) Windsor 7.40.

After two poor runs I'm running out of excuses for this one. I'm hoping for a better run and he should be an each-way price.

EL GRECO (IRE) 2-y-o chestnut colt trained by Sir Michael Stoute.

Made his racecourse bow last night at Sandown and finished second to Clare Island Boy.

Green early on he made progress two and ran on at the one pace.

He is very stoutly bred, by Monsun out of an un-raced Sadler's Wells mare, a pedigree that suggests middle-distances at least.

Will probably be a very short price if he turns up in a maiden but I can see him being aimed a little higher than that.

One very interesting runner today:

NATHANIEL (Swedish Chef) Ascot 4.30.

Hardly unexposed any more - still the only horse to give Frankel a proper race and may be underestimated today - I hope so as my moneys on :D

Think it's safe to take him off the list after today Colin as he'll be fully exposed one way or the other.

Colin I'd like to add the following:

Aquilla & Natural Bloom - Two unraced fillies apparently working very well and due to make their racecourse debuts soon.

Noble Mission - a full brother to Frankel

Not sure if we should celebrate but Nathaniel did all that he could do - thought he was a bloody awful price though.

Another winner for Swedish Chef and Nathaniel will be removed from the list; as you say no longer un-exposed.

Not sure if we should celebrate but Nathaniel did all that he could do - thought he was a bloody awful price though.

Another winner for Swedish Chef and Nathaniel will be removed from the list; as you say no longer un-exposed.

Yes Colin definitely not a win to celebrate but I do fear Nathaniel will not handle the turns at Longchamp in the Arc - but i'd like to add the Fiorente who was finishing well against Nathaniel at Royal Ascot is improving fast and will win the St Leger if he runs.

Back