Unexposed types to watch.

Colin I'd like to add the following:

Aquilla & Natural Bloom - Two unraced fillies apparently working very well and due to make their racecourse debuts soon.

Noble Mission - a full brother to Frankel

Who are they trained by SC ? Is the latter with Sir H ?

I'm going to be off line for a while, back into hospital to (hopefully) have my bowel re-connected. As my mate subtly put it - "get your arse back":blink:.

I'm hoping to be back in circulation in about two weeks.

Obviously, I won't be able to flag up any runners on this thread.

Be lucky, see you soon.

Thank you, folks, can't wait to have it done and my only worry is that when I come round this shitty stoma bag will still be attached. If it is I will very definitely cry.

EAGLES PEAK (Swedish Chef) Newmarket 4.10

Eagles Peak (GB) - (bay colt Galileo (IRE)-High Praise (USA) (Quest For Fame) - Juddmonte-bred, this colt is out of a winner of the Group Two Prix de Malleret, herself by a Derby winner earning himself a reputation as an influential broodmare sire. High Praise has already produced a stakes performer in Sight Unseen and is a half-sister to Juddmonte's Group One winning sire, Observatory; (Sir Michael Stoute).
Out again in the York 4:50 off a mark of 98 in a h'cap on only his second race. Inexperience obviously a worry but I do thik he will prove a lot better than his current mark in a race his trainer likes to win.

Crumbs - didn't realise all this was going on, as had nothing to contribute. Just thought I might have today, and noted Colly's horrid troubles. Haven't had a reply to my goodwill email t'other day, so I'm really hoping he's all right. I might even venture a phone call, although I don't want to be too intrusive.

Meanwhile, thought I might flag up some from yesterday's meeting at Brighton. Our first race, over 7f, contained some very good quality, well-bred 2 y.o.'s and the winner, GRANDEUR (VERGLAS-MISSKINTA) must be taken out. He was a head 2nd of 16 runners to NAWWAAR over 7f at Goodwood on debut, ridden by Ryan Moore. Yesterday's pilot was the most able William Buick, who joined owner Miss Jacques and trainer Jeremy Noseda for a small glass of celebratory champers. GRANDEUR will now be aimed at a significantly higher pot next time out. William was very enthusiastic about him, although he did find the course challenging (William says it's the most difficult course to ride, GRANDEUR said "flippin' 'eck!" on the downhill run, but went very straight and coped professionally).

The runner-up was next closest in the betting, BRONZE ANGEL (DARK ANGEL-RIHANNA) (by the way, he and GRANDEUR are both Irish-breds) under Hayley Turner for Marcus Tregoning, who, for quiz fans, had his first win at Brighton (he did better later on with KONSTANTIN). This is a very nice animal, slightly less well-furnished than GRANDEUR, who carries his sire's grey colour and strongly-built stamp. BRONZE ANGEL was previously 4334, so not entirely unexposed - the animal should build further on today's race. He was most recently 4/15 in a Goodwood Nursery where he met trouble at a crucial stage, which should therefore not reflect poorly on his ability.

Third was Eve Johnson Houghton's colt SPOKE TO CARLO (HALLING-RED SHAREEF), under Neil Callan. Half-bro to smart CAESAR BEWARE. Eve was very, very pleased with his debut over a startlingly difficult course for babies, and this fellow really should do well in future.

I don't intend prolonging this thread.

While in hospital I did notice that WHIPLASH WILLIE won again for Shadow Leader and a couple of mine got stuffed.

My health, a perception of lack of interest on the part of most forumites and an intention on my part to more or less giving up watching National Hunt has led me to pack the thread in.

Obviously anyone who wants to take the thread on, please carry on.

Back