Unexposed types to watch.

You confident or is this last chance saloon for this one? I may follow you in if im suitably encouraged to do so.

Last chance saloon. If he can't win a handicap off 82 the last day or 81 today he has no place on the list. I'm surprised they have not stepped him up to a mile as he's bred to get 10f. One last go from me today.

Two today:

RYSBRACK (Swedish Chef) Worcester 5.10

GLEADHRADH (Gearoid) Fairyhouse 7.00

A cross-country double I do not
want to miss!

A CROSS-COUNTRY 'double-header' awaits The Trainer this evening, as I don't want to miss either of these runners.

Rysbrack makes his long-awaited debut in the 'bumper' at Worcester and since he arrived at Cropredy Lawn on 16th October 2007, let us all hope that he's been worth waiting for! He stands 17 hands and is by a great sire, Selkirk, out of a Group 1 winning mare, so he has the make, shape and pedigree for sure. We think we have seen the ability to go with it, but he has just needed time and patience. He has been allowed those 'gifts', so we hope he is now the complete package. If he shows his home work at the racecourse and wins well, then I hope we can cover him in wrapping paper, tied with a giant bow and sell him to some lucky person to stay in the yard, as this horse has a very bright future.

From the 5.10pm at Worcester onto the road towards the 8.50pm at Kempton, to watch Danvilla. This filly remains in great form and will definitely benefit from stepping up in trip. It was purely stamnina rather than class that got her home at Salisbury over 1 1/2 miles last time and I hope that her 6lbs rise in the weights will not be too much. She comes from one of Juddmonte Farms top pedigrees that includes Wemyss Bight and Reefscape, so there should be plenty of stamina in her genes. She has won twice around Kempton, so you can tell i'm running out of excuses should she get beat!

A very important evening. Let's hope the journeys are all shortened by winners, not lenghtened by roadworks and disappointment!

then I hope we can cover him in wrapping paper, tied with a giant bow and sell him to some lucky person to stay in the yard

You can't really look for a better tip from a trainer than that he is looking for the horse to win so he can sell it.

Today:

VOODOO PRINCE (Swedish Chef) Haydock 8.15

This is what I said after his defeat L/T/O:

"Having watched Voodoo Prince's races a few times now I think he has a low swift action that I don't think is suited to galloping tracks or ground with ease in it.
I'll be interested in him again, next time he runs on a sharp track on good, g/firm ground. "

Well he gets those conditions tonight and on breeding I think the step up in trip will suit as well - so definitely a bet for me.

A shed-load running today:

DORCAS LANE (Gamla Stan) Haydock 2.50

NAHRAIN (Swedish Chef) Sandown 4.15

CLOUD ROCK (me) Leicester 4.25

YAIR HILL (Shadow Leader) Leicester 4.25

CLOUD ROCK (me) Leicester 4.25

Was always struggling to get into things after missing the break at Epsom last time but showed enough to suggest he will be winning races. He is the favourite in the early exchange market at 6.

NAHRAIN (Swedish Chef) Sandown 4.15

This filly has done nothing wrong so far but this is her first real test and I wont be backing her at such prohibitive odds. One to wach for me.

Nice win for NAHRAIN, place for DORCAS LANE, YAIR HILL fifth and my CLOUD ROCK plum last.

There were no stalls for the Leicester race but I don't think I can blame this awful run on that.

EAGLES PEAK (Swedish Chef) Newmarket 4.10

Eagles Peak (GB) - (bay colt Galileo (IRE)-High Praise (USA) (Quest For Fame) - Juddmonte-bred, this colt is out of a winner of the Group Two Prix de Malleret, herself by a Derby winner earning himself a reputation as an influential broodmare sire. High Praise has already produced a stakes performer in Sight Unseen and is a half-sister to Juddmonte's Group One winning sire, Observatory; (Sir Michael Stoute).

Colin can you add Garbah (Clive Brittain) to the list - I was very taken with the way she ran F/T/O and should be winning a maiden soon.

Last edited:
Back