Unexposed types to watch.

Back in a bumper.

Bayross was ineligible to run in the winners bumper in Gowran. The entries for Gowran Park - originally scheduled for Thursday - were made prior to Bayross's win in Fairyhouse last Sunday.

And you are correct Rory there was no fluke about the win with 50s and 33s done on course.

RUSHTEENS (IRE) 6-y-o grey gelding trained by Martin Brassil

This nice chasing type was having his third run at Navan on Tuesday, he went off at 50/1. His starting prices in his two previous races were 66/1 and 50/1 and he had been beaten 50 lengths and 30 lengths in those races and not sighted. It was a different story on this occasion and when he made headway to lead 4 out he looked to have every chance but he had to give way approaching the last and was then made to look short of pace after the last. The first home is unbeaten in two runs over hurdles and the second is also a winner over hurdles, so that suggests the form is decent. Rushteens could well benefit for a step up in trip and looks to have a future over jumps.

I refuse to make a constructive contribution to this thread because I despise people who use the word 'type', when they mean 'horse'. It's a total bollocks use of English.

Welcome back, Colin.

I refuse to make a constructive contribution to this thread because I despise people who use the word 'type', when they mean 'horse'. It's a total bollocks use of English.

Welcome back, Colin.

Actually Relks, no it's not. You have do indeed have different types of horse - same as you have different types of dog, person, whatever. A chasing type is a horse that is [or looks like!]a type of horse suited to chasing, rather than any other type.

Stop being pedantic and taking your frustration at waiting out on others!

Last edited:
Just for you then, Kri...

I was very impressed with Trustan Times (Tim Easterby) on his rules debut at Wetherby a fortnight ago. He was reportedly thought to be in need of the run but travelled well to beat a well-regarded half-brother to Brace Inca and a horse (or 'type') that had been second to subsequent Grade 1 winner, Backspin.

He would have won by further but idled and looked green when hitting the front.

Last edited:
MOLLY'S LAD 5-y-o bay gelding trained by A.L.T. Moore

Very dark one this; spotted at Fairyhouse yesterday in the bumper that closed the card. Looked to have plenty of size about him and by the very popular Flemensfirth, was never really put into the race in this his racecourse debut.

His rider Mr. N.M. Kelly didn't look that effective but even so the horse kept on into a rather distant fifth.

He will probably need quite a bit of time but hopefully he will make a success of the game.

Shadz... is Relks under pressure? I'm sorry to hear that. Perhaps we could all chip in and buy him a full body massage at an exclusive spa?

Hi Big Man - entered in the bumper at Leooardstown this Sunday. A monster of a horse standing at almost 18 hands. Connections have been very patient with him and I hope it pays off! They really really love this fella and several judges have tried to buy him already before his first run. JP bought his half brother at the yearling sales for €30,000 today.

May not be ready for is generally a very hot bumper but stay on the right side of this fella.:cool:

Last edited:
Really liked Emma Lavelle's Kentford Grey Lady who won the bumper at Taunton yesterday - it may not have been the strongest race and was run at a typical early bumper crawl but she was a very nice mare and could go on to better things.

Monbeg Dude is declared for the bumper at Towcester tomorrow - a more testing track should suit him and it doesn't look a great race.

"Really liked Emma Lavelle's Kentford Grey Lady who won the bumper at Taunton yesterday - it may not have been the strongest race and was run at a typical early bumper crawl but she was a very nice mare and could go on to better things."

I made a note of her as well, jinnyj. I have the same concerns about the depth and strength of the opposition. Also thought that the runner-up Definite Artist (Ms. V. Williams) made a promising debut.

Back