Unexposed types to watch.

Thanks. Got slated by the head lad when I was beaten by him in a racecourse gallop at Lingfield a few years ago - was on a slow old yoke who never did anything!!!

Actually, I f*cked up. I asked Betfair to put the horse in the Foxhunter's market probably a fortnight ago and got greedy, sticking bets up at big prices as thought that he'd still be under the radar enough - might've known that being at Alan Hill's now I wouldn't get matched at fancy prices. Then I forget to keep checking and stupidly could've been matched at around 30, as some bets have been. I've backed him at 16/1 though - again I f*cked up, should've backed him this morning at 20/1 but thought as only a couple were pricing him I might get a bit bigger!

Excuse me??!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!??! I was riding work against the beast years before you even knew his name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FITOBUST 5-y-o bay gelding trained by Seamus Mullins.

He made his racecourse debut at Plumpton, on Monday, in what was in all probability a pretty moderate bumper.

20/1, he was held up at the rear then made headway at around halfway as they ran down the hill on the far side, he never looked like getting there but did run on doggedly to finish 2 1/2 lengths second to Cresswell Melody.

He has the size and breeding (Classic Cliche out of a Roselier) to make a go of things.

Bearing in mind that bumpers at Plumpton are run over 2 1/4 miles and the ground was heavy it is probable that he found it all too much for him on the day.

I thought he showed enough to suggest that he could pick up at least one staying novices hurdle before going chasing.

Wouldn't be backing him today at 9/1, thought he ran woefully last time out albeit on dirt and would want to see him bounce back on Meydan before I get too excited.

Royaaty given a strange ride. Slowly away, held up in last place going well, still in last entering straight, made up lots of ground up the middle of the track but given too much to do and finished fourth.

Royaaty given a strange ride. Slowly away, held up in last place going well, still in last entering straight, made up lots of ground up the middle of the track but given too much to do and finished fourth.

Indeed, never really expected Calvin Borel to ride the track well to be honest!

Think the horse has a decent future ahead of him on synthetics, it's just where they take him after the carnival.

Last edited:
Well-backed favourite but the writing was on the wall when he came under pressure as they turned in at the bottom of the hill. It's probably true to say that the winner handled the ground better than mine but Vintage Star wasn't good enough on the day.

KING'S GREY (me) Doncaster 2.00.

Surprisingly dropped back to two miles here, has looked a stayer.

The shorter trip and good to soft ground suggests to me that he will be found wanting for pace and a place is the best I am expecting.

KING'S GREY was quite strong in the market and didn't seem particularly inconvenienced by the drop back in trip but he does seem to have a problem getting his head in front at the right time; second 7/2.

I have the feeling he needs to jump a fence already.

Somewhatinevitable - Paul Webber

Looks one to be on once sent handicapping, having only learnt to settle during the race last time at Huntingdon under Denis O'Regan. I expect alot of improvement once in handicap company, and on Good ground. He is not short of speed, so trips of 2m - 2m4f should be ok.

Back