What are you backing Today? Part 2

7.50 Kempton is the feature race of the day on the UK mainland.

Just considering the RPR and the market I will dutch Nationwide (11/4 early) and Prop Forward (3/1 early) before Ayr Harbour (9/1 early) unless it gets supported later.

Well done .I did the 4th.

Amathus – 4.10 Brighton 11/1 Ew

Amalfi Bay – 8.50 Kempton 17/2 Ew

Electric Love – 7:10 Yarmouth 9/2 Ew

If you're interested to know my reasons, there's a full write-up on my blog.

Last edited:
As the feature race of the day UK mainland Bri 3.40 checks out as an open contest for me I have considered the 2nd best for prize money Kempton 7.50.

Taking the top 3 RPR and market 08.50 with none over exposed for form and no D winners where Royal Scandal checks out best in that respect to date I am not all that comfortable about selection. However, if I must it has to be Dignified 6 tips LTO 21 (9/4 mkt 08.50) J&T Gosden top track trainer rates 24/L Dettori. The others Royal Scandal 5 tips LTO 40 (15/8) then Love Someone 2 tips LTO 35 (7/2) M Stoute rates 13/RL Moore with 2nd string Fine China LTO 21 (22/1) rates 6/R Kingscote

Cherry Cola – 3.20 Brighton 25/1 Ew

King Charles – 5.53 Ayr 11/4 Win.

Visibility – 5.40 Doncaster 40/1 Ew

Takarengo – 8.25 Leopardstown 9/2 Ew

4 x singles
Ew L15

If you are remotely interested in why I'm backing these, there's a full write-up on my blog

Last edited:
yet to try fast ground, so will know today

True. Good ground once before.

I always think of cut when I see Sir Percy as the sire.

We'll see won't we.

I've backed Cherry Cola, for my sins.

It's a kind of 'loyalty' vote but have the feeling the mare is a madam and the fact that sh'e been backed from 25's to 12's this morning only serves to douse any embers of hope that existed lol.

MUSIC SOCIETY 710d 11/1 has been running quite well without threatening.

LORD RAPSCALLION 610d 25/1 seems too big.a good 2nd at epsom behind Bowman and 3rd was Orbaan.

Friday
Pink Crystal 2.20B
William Haggas fields just one runner tomorrow, and she's progresssive and goes here for a valuable pot.
5/2 B365

A few weeks ago I think Desert Orchid,Marb and a couple of others by memory fancied Ravenecraig Castle

I don't know if it was last time out but the grey was travelling better than ever and seemed to me he blew up like he was short of a gallop.

Anyway he meets the same rivals today and I have a feeling he could come out on top this time.

I'm still on my Sabatical with my Zero accounts so can't have a bet:( but g/l to anyone who does

A few weeks ago I think Desert Orchid,Marb and a couple of others by memory fancied Ravenecraig Castle

I don't know if it was last time out but the grey was travelling better than ever and seemed to me he blew up like he was short of a gallop.

Anyway he meets the same rivals today and I have a feeling he could come out on top this time.

I'm still on my Sabatical with my Zero accounts so can't have a bet:( but g/l to anyone who does

BTW Another horse his lordship was touting for the Golden Mile was Azano

As I said last week that was never going to happen after all David O.Meara's hard work getting him back to sorts.

As predicted he goes back to Redcar tomorrow. He's up against it with Golden Voice runnung but he's worth grabbing the 15/2 W Hill EW Azano or15/2 for a back to lay or 15/2.
I thought he'd be 7/2 at best being a course winner

Last edited:
It's official Ravenscraig Castle is a monkey:(

He led until 2 furlongs out and then went out like a light I see. Even his trainer admitted before the Old Newton Cup that his best trip must now be 1M4F. Why they are still running him over 14 furlongs I just don't know.

He looked like a horse with a lot of potential after the Melrose at York.

Nevermind. Glad I swerved him today.

He led until 2 furlongs out and then went out like a light I see. Even his trainer admitted before the Old Newton Cup that his best trip must now be 1M4F. Why they are still running him over 14 furlongs I just don't know.

He looked like a horse with a lot of potential after the Melrose at York.

Nevermind. Glad I swerved him today.

Didn't go unbacked 4/1 to 5/2 fav.....wouldn't want to be backing him in his current form As yousay stopped like shot

Back