What are you backing Today? Part 2

I like him as well. The fav will be hard to beat but I'm not keen on the Magnet Cup horses who are next in the betting.

Oscula killed me by losing at Ascot when she was the best horse (jockey went too soon) and winning at Goodwood when I wasn't on despite being the third best filly in the race. She's out again in the Dick Hern and she's short. Crenelle ran a cracker in a very hot Sandringham and whilst Heredia has been beaten twice since then that's Hannon for you. The form is good and 7/2 is very reasonable

Also backed Admiral D in the last at Ascot. His formlines are very strong.

Arecibo – 2.10 Ascot 5/1 Ew

La Trinidad 2.25 Haydock 11/2 Ew

Themaxwecan. 2.45 Ascot Ew

Star Of Orion – 4.20 Newmarket – 9/2 Ew

4 x singles
Ew L15

Should anyone care to look for my reasons, I have done a full write-up on my blog

Last edited:
Oscula killed me by losing at Ascot when she was the best horse (jockey went too soon) and winning at Goodwood when I wasn't on despite being the third best filly in the race. She's out again in the Dick Hern and she's short. Crenelle ran a cracker in a very hot Sandringham and whilst Heredia has been beaten twice since then that's Hannon for you. The form is good and 7/2 is very reasonable

Beat Oscula and done by some sack of shite with no form. **** this flat season.

Maurice de Gheest is a cracking renewal. Prices:
Perfect Power 11/4
Naval Crown 7/2
Artorius 5/1
Harry Three 13/2
Minzaal 9/1
Highfield Princess 11/1
Rohaan 14/1

It's quite open and the front two look short to me. I've done the Aussie horse ew as the extra half furlong will really suit. May have a little on Rohaan also.

To be fair, Euro, there weren't many posts on the Shergar Cup either. I started the thread for the reasons given and was already regretting having studied the card before the racing started.

I seldom study French racing and I wouldn't offer an opinion on a race there without at least a cursory check on the form. The Arc is probably the only French race I do study in detail.

Going by the result of today's race, it's maybe a good job I avoided it.

I do agree, though, that it's a shame the race didn't get much in the way of discussion. For my own part, I seldom read that thread because I only bet in the bigger Saturday and festival races and don't want to get bogged down reading a thread on races that don't interest me.

Perhaps a separate thread if a big race like today's comes along?

Fair enough. I think with the sprinters you don't need to study the French form honestly, certainly not when the Brits/Irish go over mob handed. I was a bit salty as Rohaan got a less than optimal ride.

Fair enough. I think with the sprinters you don't need to study the French form honestly, certainly not when the Brits/Irish go over mob handed. I was a bit salty as Rohaan got a less than optimal ride.

If I hadnt read your thread Euro I wouldnt have known the race was taking place.
And aftertiming I had my £1 ew on Garrus at 40/1
So thanks.

Ardamir - 5.25 Balinrobe - 13/2 Ew

Blazon - 4.00 Kempton - 6/1 Ew

2 x Ew singles
Ew Double

Should you wish, you can find out more about why on my blog.

Last edited:
The Gosdens must think a lot of Audience, although struggling somewhat to find a distance for him. Maybe they thought it was 7 furlongs until he was found wanting in a Group 3 at Ascot, so they tried a Class 2 over 6 furlongs last time where he ran very well near the head of things until running out of puff in the last half furlong. Maybe tomorrow’s 5 furlongs will be just the ticket - Nottingham 3:50, 5/2 atm.

Last edited:
The Gosdens must think a lot of Audience, although struggling somewhat to find a distance for him. Maybe they thought it was 7 furlongs until he was found wanting in a Group 3 at Ascot, so they tried a Class 2 over 6 furlongs last time where he ran very well near the head of things until running out of puff in the last half furlong. Maybe tomorrow’s 5 furlongs will be just the ticket - Nottingham 3:50, 5/2 atm.

I have 2 alerts running here and I'd be amazed if they ruin their hcap Mark's for 7 grand.

I have 2 alerts running here and I'd be amazed if they ruin their hcap Mark's for 7 grand.
Reckon connections would be more concerned with finding Audience's ability than concealing it, and the drop in trip could well be the answer. Be a better proposition than the unreliable fav at current odds,imo

Well, that’s not his distance, either:). Reckon they’ll have to lower their sights.

Kind Gesture - 3.30 Salisbury 7/1 Ew

Amathus - 1.30 Salisbury - 11/4 Win

If anyone is interested in my reasoning, please have a look at my blog

Tadreeb - 5.10 Lingfield 9/2 Ew
Natural Path - 5.10 Lingfiled - Ew 10/1 6 places

Reverend Hubert - 8.10 Lingfield Ew 12/1 5 places

Gordon's Jet - 8.10 Lingfield 23/2 Ew 5 Places.

As ever, the rationale behind these choices can be found on my blog.

Last edited:
Back