What are you backing Today? Part 2

Mustazeed 5:00 York. Springer in the market, now 9/2 from 11/1 overnight. In his last race he raced towards the rear and Richard Kingscote seemed to have plenty of horse under him, but he met a troubled passage through and failed to get there by a length. Up in class, though.

9th. My heart always falls when I see my horse taken to the back of the field and kept there until it would need to be Usain Bolt just get competitive. Got to the leading group when push came to shove, but that finished him and he faded away.

Monday

1.55 Yarmouth-Village Legend

Each Way @ 13-1 [Bet 365] ​5 places

First race but like his connections

GEORGE RIDSDALE 135M 20/1 risky I know on a couple of points.one is possibly needs further and the other obviously is form.
Has won off this mark before.never ran last season so must of had a few problems.its first run back it was last but I thought it was a decent run after a long lay off.1m
Then finished 9th of 13 over 1m 2f but again ran a promising race.
Has won at newcastle so maybe this is just another outing but the fact Sarah Brotherton has been booked gives me hope that it's trying.
At the price I have to have a bet.

That was disappointing after being backed into 9/1.i thought Sarah Brotherton was a top amateur jockey.she didnt look like one.

Lullaby Bay 3.10
10/1 B365

There's a race at Leicester on Tuesday where a horse I like has been declared.

In the 4:50 Auditor takes on some other useful opponents including Star Of Orion, Aratus and Inver Park.

They say every horse needs forgiving one awful run and for Auditor that one awful run was last time out. I don't think he gave his running at all.

Before that he was a good second to a horse called Atrium who I like a lot and is vying for favouritism for the Balmoral Handicap on Saturday.

So yeah I will put a line through Auditors last no show. It was too bad to be true. His two wins came at Newmarket and Leicester is another right handed track which could suit him.

It wouldn't surprise me if other forum members took me on with Star Of Orion as he has been mentioned before by a few on here.

Tough race Marb
I am looking to back Auditor though if the prices seems right.

I am hoping for 7 or 8's or thereabouts with Tom Marquand booked to ride.

We'll see nearer the time.

Tough race Marb.something is going to ruin their mark for poor money.

Yeah most need to return to some good form.

I will stick to my guns on Auditor though.

Will also do a wee patent on him, Atrium for this Saturday and Rebel Romance in the Breeders Cup Turf.

I see Dual Identity the fella I backed in the Cambs when a good third is also entered to run in the Balmoral.

He is interesting as a few on here said he was drawn on the wrong side in the Cambs. Again...I will stick with Atrium though. It looked to me that Dual Identity had a hard race at Newmarket and he tired near the finish.

I liked Atrium before his last win and I was impressed how he quickened up on soft going at Donny. He looks the one to me.

Although it goes without saying I have been plenty wrong before and I could be plenty wrong again here.

Last edited:
Darver Star 2/1 with 888 to turnover Abracadabras who looked last time like he might need a few races before reaching his peak

I added a short priced double as trying to keep losses to a minimum

Iceman Dennis and Dazling Glory 2.85 with 888.... look nailed on but then they all do till that flag goes down

Last edited:
Writing was on the wall along way from home for Abracadabras. No surprise Darver Star went off so short.

Some lucky punter got matched at 160/1 and 150/1 for decent money on Martalindy on the exchanges. They say he picked up 23k good luck to him if it's true.

Probably was MARB :lol:

Auditor beaten back in second by a horse of John Gosdens running for the first time since being gelded...if that's not an indication what a gelding operation can do I don't know what is!!

Last edited:
Nottingham 4.40

I am really sweet on Zim Baby here. This mare ran with a lot of credit in 2020, and while 2021 was a disappointing campaign for her, there's been signs the last two runs she could be returning to some good form.

Her wins have come when making all and at least she has been running in that fashion recently when getting tired in the final furlong or so over 6 furlongs. She is now on a mark of 81 which is her lowest since the end of 2020, and I reckon the return to five furlongs could prove significant. I am hoping she starts off quick and just doesn't get caught tomorrow.

Last edited:
Phil told everybody about Martalindy on his Facebook page yesterday but I forgot to back it and I usually back his horses blind. Maybe the syndicate were on.

How much do you need to have on when your horse is 500/1 to 150/1 on the machine..wouldn't be the first time a touch has been landed and no one noticed

Auditor beaten back in second by a horse of John Gosdens running for the first time since being gelded...if that's not an indication what a gelding operation can do I don't know what is!!
First time hood may have also been a facrtor. Did a f/c saver with mine, would have a good payday if Auditor hadn' got in the way.:whistle:

I’m holding my discipline for not entering the fray very well at this point in the season, but I can’t resist a small one on Pure Angel 3.15 Wolverhampton tomorrow, 5/2 atm. Went in my notebook on debut run way back at end of April, but wasn’t seen again until a couple of weeks ago where she looked the winner until Couplet stormed past.

Adamantly Chosen on the face of it looks solid for the novice chase at Punchy tomorrow but Grand Roi didn't do much for his form at the weekend and I'm gonna chance Midnight Run at 11/2. There are bits and pieces of his form last year that gives him a good chance in this and a few of his rivals give him weight.

Back