What are you backing Today? Part 2

I'm skint again:lol: I win and I take money out then lose what's left then have to upload again.

Seems like the way of my world at the moment.

I'm uploading today to back Doom tomorrow.

I was told by the travelling head lad from another yard that this filly was burning up the gallops a while back and was all the rage,

She was being aimed at a Grade 2 but since that entry was made she missed 3 engagements. Eventually they managed to get a run into her and she flattered for a a few moments then just ran on finishing midfield.

I don't make a habit of asking so I have no idea if she had a set back or what so be cautious.

Another worry is the yards strike rate has halved in the last month.

RP quoting her at 4/1 so hopefully I can get 5/1 EW to be safe as it won't be for peanuts

Be mega disappointed if she can't beat this lot

I'm skint again:lol: I win and I take money out then lose what's left then have to upload again.

Seems like the way of my world at the moment.

I'm uploading today to back Doom tomorrow.

I was told by the travelling head lad from another yard that this filly was burning up the gallops a while back and was all the rage,

She was being aimed at a Grade 2 but since that entry was made she missed 3 engagements. Eventually they managed to get a run into her and she flattered for a a few moments then just ran on finishing midfield.

I don't make a habit of asking so I have no idea if she had a set back or what so be cautious.

Another worry is the yards strike rate has halved in the last month.

RP quoting her at 4/1 so hopefully I can get 5/1 EW to be safe as it won't be for peanuts

Be mega disappointed if she can't beat this lot

Oh sod it and snap. I just emptied winnings from an account yesterday morning, now it has to go back!!

Creative Flair 5.50Nm Fri.
Already a gp2 winner in Meydan, escapes a penalty for the drop in class. Not run for a while, but probably up for this.
Taken 15/2 with Hills, well worth a punt on fitness,imo.

Substantial in the mile handicap at York. His win in June at Haydock has worked out really well and he was unlucky last time at Goodwood. He's got a bad draw but is double figures and plenty of places are being paid.

Thundering in the Old Rowley Cup at Newmarket. This was the best 12f handicap run all year twelve months ago (Siskany/Farhan/Candleford) and it potentially looks as good this season so one needs a price to get involved - the selection had no chance from the back last time at Haydock but before that ran really well as the only 3yo in the race at York behind Farhan. He's 16/1 and worth a go although those at the front of the market look very solid.

Substantial in the mile handicap at York. His win in June at Haydock has worked out really well and he was unlucky last time at Goodwood. He's got a bad draw but is double figures and plenty of places are being paid.

Thundering in the Old Rowley Cup at Newmarket. This was the best 12f handicap run all year twelve months ago (Siskany/Farhan/Candleford) and it potentially looks as good this season so one needs a price to get involved - the selection had no chance from the back last time at Haydock but before that ran really well as the only 3yo in the race at York behind Farhan. He's 16/1 and worth a go although those at the front of the market look very solid.

Dished Sudstantial - likely to be out the back from his draw, imo.
Bet Thundering earlier (16/1 5pl) with B365.
GL to yours,too

York 3.50 - Flamborough was upped in class the last day from class five to class three level, but was an eyecatcher when staying on well for fifth not beaten far either behind Double Cherry. He is very lightly raced this Flamborough, so gets in here with hardly any weight. A real good chance I think.

Last edited:
I've done both Eurs/reets Thundering and marbs flamborough in some multiples but I've also done AL NAFIR 18/1 i liked his run 2 races ago.given too much to do last time.

I was really looking forward to today with flag fall on the jumps season and some good trackers for Newmarket. Unfortunately, four of them turn up in the Fillies Mile so no bet there, then two in the 4:10 so nothing there either. What a let down.

As noted elsewhere Tan’s Doom runs Newcastle 6:15 and although she seems to have disappointed she should trot up if the reports are in any way right. I took 5/1 last night and 7/4 now which is promising and I’ve had a bit more.

Last edited:
Today's thoughts (written earlier this morning):

Newm 3.00 - With Jumby having a penalty this looks a match race between the top two. They’re 11/8 and 11/5 respectively and the next in the betting is 12/1, which tells its own story. It’s an easy call just to watch the race without a bet.

Nwm 4.10 - I suspect the key to this race might be the valuable Lavazza race at Ascot last month. The front three were a good way clear of the rest in a good time in softish ground. I fancy La Yakel (3/1f) to confirm the form but my slight concern is that he was ridden by a claimer that day so there’s a case for arguing he’s got another 5lbs to find. Appleby has only had three runners previously in the race and won with two of them so his four entries suggest he’s targeting the race seriously. But First Ruler (5/1) doesn’t carry the first colours for Buick; that honour goes to Al Nafir (22/1). Simply Sondheim (12/1) has a compelling profile but this is a big step up in class. Berkshire Rebel (33/1) might be worth having onside at the best possible terms with extra places and guarantees. He’s dropped 10lbs since the start of the season. His most recent run was his first since mid-June, having been gelded shortly after disappointing in the KGV. He hadn’t run badly – was going the best 5f out – in the Chester Vase and Balding is not exactly Quixotic in his targeting. I’m going to back First Ruler and Al Nafir with a saver on Berkshire Rebel but am pretty much resigned to losing to the favourite.

I was really looking forward to today with flag fall on the jumps season and some good trackers for Newmarket. Unfortunately, four of them turn up in the Fillies Mile so no bet there, then two in the 4:10 so nothing there either. What a let down.

As noted elsewhere Tan’s Doom runs Newcastle 6:15 and although she seems to have disappointed she should trot up if the reports are in any way right. I took 5/1 last night and 7/4 now which is promising and I’ve had a bit more.

I backed her again at 4/1 before I went to bed and tried to get another bet at 7/2 but they said no more we have reached your limit LOL.........as for the rest Wasn't me

I would love to tell you all something but I'd then have to kill myself lol..I'll PM you after the race mate if all goes well

You worry me :lol:If you took 5/1 you can make 40-50% profit right now with no risk..your choice

I'm on a 7-4 shot (that maybe always should have been 7-4, time will tell) at 5-1. That's a good enough bet for me, and given I'd back a horse at less than 20-1 maybe a handful of times in a season I'm content.

Do or die, we all know the risks. And either way it goes, it was clearly a classy heads up ( and we can't say we didn't have enough warning :)

Back