What are you backing Today? Part 2

Friday, Nwb 1.55 - Camprond 13/2 - I think this is a very generous price. On my figures he was the best of these over hurdles so, with normal improvement for taking to fences, he should arguably be favourite for this. I'd be disappointed if he hadn't been intensively schooled following his first fence exit last week.

Not touching him with a barge pole after last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday, Newbury 1.55 - Walking On Air 7/2 - was talked of in the same breath as Constitution Hill and Jonbon this time last season and duly hacked up on his debut. He was only 9/2 for the 2m4f G1 novice at Aintree but clearly something went wrong. He could well be a blot off 132 and Hendo has trained two of the last four winners. I'm into this one pretty heftily.

Edit - I see the money has started to come for WOA.

Also, in the 2.30, I'm very keen on Theatre Glory (5/1). This is the race Hendo used to kick off Epatante's stellar year so I'm hoping this mare is held in some regard too. The claiming jockey has excellent stats for the trainer.

(I got on the double at 23/1 too.)

Last edited:
Doncaster 3.30

Garde Des Champs is very interesting first time out after a wind operation. He was just over 4 lengths behind a horse called Thunder Rock in December last year, form which has worked out extremely well, as Thunder Rock has won four or his five races since, both over hurdles and fences, and is now rated 135 over hurdles and 150 over fences.

Garde Des Champs runs off just 102 here, and I am obviously putting a line through his last two runs at the end of last season. I reckon he could be two stone well in here. So boost your christmas bank with some sterling or euro on this fella, then thank me afterwards, while buying santa a guinness on christmas eve with your winnings.

Last edited:
Saturday, Newbury 1.55 - Walking On Air 7/2 - was talked of in the same breath as Constitution Hill and Jonbon this time last season and duly hacked up on his debut. He was only 9/2 for the 2m4f G1 novice at Aintree but clearly something went wrong. He could well be a blot off 132 and Hendo has trained two of the last four winners. I'm into this one pretty heftily.

My dark horse for the TTF. Was very briefly 7/1 earlier in the week when betting opened - I'll be full-throatedly shouting him home with you.

Stage Star very disappointing receiving weight from a horse who’s limitations have been exposed several times

What a smashing finish to the stayers' hurdle.

I was almost hoping PP would get up but I had 5/2 Champ so my pocket over-ruled my heart.

Last edited:
Doncaster 3.30

Garde Des Champs is very interesting first time out after a wind operation. He was just over 4 lengths behind a horse called Thunder Rock in December last year, form which has worked out extremely well, as Thunder Rock has won four or his five races since, both over hurdles and fences, and is now rated 135 over hurdles and 150 over fences.

Garde Des Champs runs off just 102 here, and I am obviously putting a line through his last two runs at the end of last season. I reckon he could be two stone well in here. So boost your christmas bank with some sterling or euro on this fella, then thank me afterwards, while buying santa a guinness on christmas eve with your winnings.

Well done his jockey for getting fourth a few firms were paying four places SP 20/1 aswell.

Horse appeared to need the run after cantering like the potential winner until the final furlong. There may be another day for him.

Last edited:

Non-runner. I could seriously, seriously, puke.

What price First Street, Theatre Glory, and Diablo de Rouhet get pulled as well?

I wasn't at all surprised - or even disappointed, I have to say - to see WOA pulled although if you were on at ante-post terms I can understand your anger.

There will be other races for him and I suspect they're already eying something like the Coral Cup given how low its current mark is.

I've taken 4/1 Not So Sleepy in the market without CH. I think this will be NSS's 'champion hurdle' whereas I can't see either CH or E being 100% wound up.

Currently 154, I wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to get Epatante into the Schweppes or County off 144. Happy to end up proved wrong, though.

I've got the wrong end of the prices with Corach Rambler given his drift today but if he runs I'll top up. He's by a flat sire who's best chaser relished good ground and he himself has won on a decent surface so I hope he takes his chance.

Dangers abound chief of which imo is Busselton and I put him in an ew double with Washington (1.55) last night at 9s and 12s. That price on Washington has well gone with the non-runners but I've been waiting for this horse going up in trip since last season. I try and avoid handicap hurdles but given his presence on my tracker last year I had to get involved in some way.

The 12.00 at Gowran is the race of the day and I'd like to see Minella Cocooner run and jump well and also settle. He's a big Cheltenham horse for me this season.

Tomorrow in the Troytown, I've taken 14/1 Fighter Allen. Second-top on my figures, a second-season novice and noted as jumping well last time. Yard has three in the race and Townend rides this while the others also have decent claims. I haven't decided on savers yet and am struggling to bring myself to back Velvet Elvis at 8/1 after getting 33s for the Hennessy.

Back