What are you backing Today? Part 2

I'm quite happy to take the slight odds-against Gerri Colombe today, despite a long absence. Think he can go right to the top of the novice chase ranks.

Well done he looked good. The Mullins horse is interesting - three bumpers, a maiden hurdle and now novice chasing. The Bromhead horse I can't be arsed spelling is a proper boat, I wouldn't mind a price on him for the NHC.

I really can't handle these would be bookmakers
Yesterday I have a large bet on Gerri Colombe
Today they point blank refused a double Jonbon and Constitution Hill @11/10

So I took a 4/9 net with on the machine with BF which will actuall work out better if DH is still 1/2 after todays race.

I am depending on the downpour to continue but according to a FB freind it's been pissin down

Most interesting runner today is Alan King's Ernest Gray.

You have to ask why on earth would he send hum to take ona horse that he couldn't even lie up with at Aintree?

Under pressure for long way out he just got further behind the further they went.

He was very green when he hacked up here last season and the difference? The ground

If he has matured and it keeps raining I reckon he'll just about beat the hot fav.

I backed West Cork at 14's yesterday afternoon.

It's likely to be a tactical race, Jonbon could easily get a bit edgy, I really don't think Monmiral's form is all that (though yard obviously firing), and West Cork has had the benefit of a run. Skelton's obviously has a bit to find on hurdles form, but he deserves a bit more respect than that price suggested, given the conditions.

So I took a 4/9 net with on the machine with BF which will actuall work out better if DH is still 1/2 after todays race.

I am depending on the downpour to continue but according to a FB freind it's been pissin down

Constitution Hill shortened up with a few firms for the Fighting Fifth the past day or two.

I will be going along with some family to the Fighting Fifth on what should be a great days racing with top class action at Newbury aswell.

Needless to say I would love to see Constitution Hill come up to Gosforth Park.

Plenty rain due up here near the track in the next 10 days aswell from what I can see on the weather forecasts.

Hard going today, everything I fancy is odds-on (so no go) and the one I did back Fringill Dike has been withdrawn. I see reports that Henderson’s Amrons Sage is thought a good one, but opposed by a hot favourite. I’ve taken a bit of 5/2 for a triumph of hope over experience :)

Last edited:
Constitution Hill shortened up with a few firms for the Fighting Fifth the past day or two.

I will be going along with some family to the Fighting Fifth on what should be a great days racing with top class action at Newbury aswell.

Needless to say I would love to see Constitution Hill come up to Gosforth Park.

Plenty rain due up here near the track in the next 10 days aswell from what I can see on the weather forecasts.

Can't see him standing on JP's toes and going there. Nicky has that race cast in stone for Epatante and the Christmas Hurdle.

He won't run her in the Champion Hurdle unless something goes amiss with Constitution Hill so it's a case of grab what he can with her while he can

All being well she will go for the mares something Frank berry may insist on. If CH and Honesuckle run in the Champion with more than a few young pretenders likely to run
she wouldn't be guaranteed a place IMO .....The Mares is worth 20k more than 3rd place in the Champion so my guess thats where she'll go and Maries Rock might end up in the stayers.

Lot of ifs and buts Marb

Hard going today, everything I fancy is odds-on (so no go) and the one I did back Fringill Dike has been withdrawn. I see reports that Henderson’s Amrons Sage is thought a good one, but opposed by a hot favourite. I’ve taken a bit of 5/2 for a triumph of hope over experience :)

Beat the odds-on job ok, but nobbled by a 66/1 shot - can’t cater for that :blink:

I backed West Cork at 14's yesterday afternoon.

It's likely to be a tactical race, Jonbon could easily get a bit edgy, I really don't think Monmiral's form is all that (though yard obviously firing), and West Cork has had the benefit of a run. Skelton's obviously has a bit to find on hurdles form, but he deserves a bit more respect than that price suggested, given the conditions.

Jonbon very good....jumped lovely - a very professional display.

You have got to grab these opportunities when you get the chance.

I Had to settle for just over evens in the end but if someone said to you on Satuurday you can have evens Constitutution Hill the men in white coats would take him away.:)

Was there really any need for the bookies to cut him from 7/2 to 2/1?

He was long odds-on today because he was fully expected to win easily so he's only done what was expected therefore why cut the price?

He's beaten two horses rated in the 140s. Is that the mark of a 2/1 shot for the Arkle.

Bookies are thievin bastets.

2/1 is silly until we've seen the contenders from Ireland.

At the opposite end of the hyped JP horse scale Darasso has excellent claims of beating Blue Lord and Tornado Flyer tomorrow. Blue Lord is a questionable stayer/weak finisher and Tornado Flyer is just meh and is not a horse to trust under a penalty at a short price.

Last edited:
2/1 is silly until we've seen the contenders from Ireland.

At the opposite end of the hyped JP horse scale Darasso has excellent claims of beating Blue Lord and Tornado Flyer tomorrow. Blue Lord is a questionable stayer/weak finisher and Tornado Flyer is just meh and is not a horse to trust under a penalty at a short price.

I'd like to see Tornado Flyer deliver on his best form again or somewhere near to it, as the beating he gave Clan Des Obeaux, Saint Calvados and Frodon in last years King George, (especially after a bad mistake at the first), was one of the performances of the season for me.

He's cleary very talented on his day and it'd be nice to see him have a fruitful season starting tomorrow, possibly on his way to Boxing Day at Kempton again.

I do believe on a going day he is one of the few horses who could beat Bravemansgame.

More in hope than expectation tomorrow in truth and I won't be having a penny on, but I hope he can prove that form is temporary and class is permanent!

Last edited:
12.55 Ascot
Garry Clermont was just about the best of these over hurdles and gets 8lb from the market leaders today. Those two have the benefit of a recent run but I just don’t trust Solo who probably benefited from the omission of several fences in atrocious conditions at Sandown last time while Thunder Rock’s win looks unconvincing (yes the runner up has won since but that looks a weak race at Plumpton)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back