What are you backing Today? Part 2

I’ve been seeing Shakemupharry entered all over the place (at least a half-dozen times) these last few weeks, and reckon it’s probably noteworthy that this is the race they’ve chosen to get him going, Euro. Tongue-tie added today too.

I haven’t backed him yet, but probably will this afternoon. Good luck.

Peter naughton free tip today.

I’ve been seeing Shakemupharry entered all over the place (at least a half-dozen times) these last few weeks, and reckon it’s probably noteworthy that this is the race they’ve chosen to get him going, Euro. Tongue-tie added today too.

I haven’t backed him yet, but probably will this afternoon. Good luck.

They've been trying to find heavy ground, and run out of time/options....

"I've been waiting and waiting for soft/heavy ground for Shakem Up'Arry and he won't be getting it at Exeter today. We'll have to make do with good to soft and 2m3f, but on this galloping track we might get away with it. Looking forward to getting him back on the track."

Well done those of you who have picked up a winner or two through the week. I tend not to follow the thread until the TV races come along but it looks like you've been finding some nice ones.

I've been unable to do my usual stuff with today's races so all I can come up with for now are possibilities (unless stated otherwise) for today's TV races:

AIN 1.30 Dashel Drasher
AIN 2.05 De Rasher Counter; Recite A Prayer; Didero Vallis (25/1 taken)
AIN 2.40 Schiehallion Munro; Riders Onthe Storm; Gunsight Ridge
AIN 3.15 Walking On Air
SAN 1.10 Call Me Lord
SAN 1.45 Boothill (10/3 taken)
SAN 2.20 Hermes Boy
SAN 2.55 Shishkin; Greaneteen
SAN 3.30 Quick Wave; One More Fleurie; Éclair De Guye

Fairyhouse:
Minella Crooner - I have to be against I am Maximus first time. Looked a slight dodgepot at times last year, and his only try RH was Exeter where he was poor

Chepstow:
The Welsh Nash trial is full of dodgepots and horses who have been off ages. I like Caribean Boy at 9s, that's too big.

Aintree:
The Wolf in the Becher and Knight in Dubai/Gunsight Ridge dutch in the 2.40. Riders onthe Storm ran well fto last year then went to pieces. I think the same thing might happen this season so I have to be against him. Knight in Dubai is 5lbs lower than his best run last year behind Palmer's Hill at Ascot and GR is progressive and should improve further with this step up in trip.

Ahoy Senor in the Many Clouds. Got 2s earlier in the week

Last edited:
Great shout with Minella Crooner. Showed the resolution after the last that was missing last time

Gunsight Ridge and Ahoy Senor for me too

Also like Playful Saint in the 2.20 Sandown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm having a xmas wager on Greaneteen in the Tingle Creek. Possibly one of the best bets of the season at the odds. If it loses, no presents at EC towers.

I don't know how the bookies can justify making Walking On Air favourite
He's not as good as his breeding would suggest and punters may be expecting more than he is capable of.

Alan King's horse on the otherhand look a good sort and ran well in the Greatwood.

This trip will be more up his street and Harbour Lake 9/2 BFE looks the value bet

Saturday, Newbury 1.55 - Walking On Air 7/2 - was talked of in the same breath as Constitution Hill and Jonbon this time last season and duly hacked up on his debut. He was only 9/2 for the 2m4f G1 novice at Aintree but clearly something went wrong. He could well be a blot off 132 and Hendo has trained two of the last four winners. I'm into this one pretty heftily.

Had to follow this one through today with an equally heavy bet. Managed to get 4/1 earlier so encouraged that it's in to 5/2 & 9/4.

Had to follow this one through today with an equally heavy bet. Managed to get 4/1 earlier so encouraged that it's in to 5/2 & 9/4.

I have to say my heart sank when Mick Fitz didn't go with it but it travelled like the best horse all the way. I wouldn't be surprised if the horse leaves this form well behind in due course, maybe in the Coral Cup?

Well done those of you who have picked up a winner or two through the week. I tend not to follow the thread until the TV races come along but it looks like you've been finding some nice ones.

I've been unable to do my usual stuff with today's races so all I can come up with for now are possibilities (unless stated otherwise) for today's TV races:

AIN 1.30 Dashel Drasher
AIN 2.05 De Rasher Counter; Recite A Prayer; Didero Vallis (25/1 taken)
AIN 2.40 Schiehallion Munro;

Bless you for that. I was worried without Conor as he's used to him and no disrepect to Emma, who's as good as any 3lb claimer and a lot better than some not claiming anything, but I was worried she might not be able to hold him if he wanted to tank off. He ws going great, they're weren't going too fast, the ground looked okay ( they were a bit worried and said would pull him if not spot on for him as finished very sore last time ) and he was in a great spot.
I sadly, 'count' him in at every fence from 3 strides out, with steady, steady, steady ( jump ) , good boy.
That fence: 3 steadies had gone and he was still on the ground. I knew. She asked him for an extra stride , he had no room. He tried so hard bless him. People were asking if I was okay at Sandown as screamed with frustration once saw he was up and running okay. Have had a message to say both okay which is main thing but aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I was thinking of you today. I follow Emma’s rides so was hoping they’d do well together. I was so relieved when he seemed to follow the horse that was pulled up ( which I hope is ok). I didn’t see what happened when he and Emma parted company which was probably a good thing as, by the time I’d realised it had happened he was obviously running on uninjured.

Bless you for that.

No sentiment on my part because I had it well up my ratings and with an improving profile. The girl has a decent record, as you say, so I wasn't about to let her booking put me off.

But all through the race at every fence I was thinking of you and wondering how you were reacting and when they parted company my first thought was of you and what you were going through.

Glad you're all okay.

Oh bless you for that. :)
I seriously almost hate/dread him running as I get so nervous, almost can't bear to watch, but can't bear not to. Literally can feel my heart bounding and I just shake with nerves for him. He was going great too. If I thought they would even look at it, there are a couple of races at Ascot for him at the meeting in 2 weeks time if he's okay but they are loathe to come south for anything. Would be great though as friends who never get to see him would be able to come. I tried to plant 'Newbury race in March' idea with main owner at Wetherby'''ooh I don't know he says' . £100,000 race I say ( and he has reputation for being careful with money shall we say ) , ooohhh I don't know he says. Perfect I say , left handed, galloping track and enough time before Aintree as won't go back to Cheltenham. 'Oooh I don't know he says............. :mad::mad::mad:

One for tomorrow before I forget.

Uttoxeter

11.55 Hurricane Harvey is rated 5lbs lower over hurdles than fences. He was held up out the back the last day at Cheltenham but ran on really well for 8th place. The weight won't stop him tomorrow and his course form at Uttoxeter boosts my confidence. If his jockey can keep him in a reasonable race position for the early and middle part of the race and I'm hopeful he can, this horse is the one with a bit of class in this race. I'm hoping for 5 or 6s which would be a fair price to take.

Last edited:
Backed my cliff horse Lieutenant Rocco (Fontwell 14:05) each-way at 28/1 with Hills last night. As low as 12/1 this morning.

Yard in reasonable form, but probably TO's - justin case anyone was thinking of following me in!

Back