What are you backing Today? Part 2

6.00 Southwell.

This looks a very strong pace even for a 5f race. Going to have a go on two who will relish the pace and look ready for winning. RAMON DI LORIA + STONE OF DESTINY. Both are 11.0 on bfair. Hopefully one will finish fast late on.

3.00 Haydock
Sam’s Adventure runs off 127 here having won the 2021 Eider off 139 and also won here off 133 a couple of years ago (trainer had no explanation for improvement). Some poor runs since then but some signs of a return to form last time (C&D) give some hope here. I missed the 25/1 available yesterday but think he still represents value at 16/1

Got the value but yet another non-completion [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Punch 12.47 - I recall Notice To Close won three races on the bounce this time of year in 2020 and was rated as high as 131 eighteen months ago. He subsequently stuggled often against higher class horses. Anyway his trainer took him point to pointing recently and he won one of those. He then ran an eyecatching race when fourth last time out staying on nicely. He runs off 119 here so maybe he is well handicapped and this looks his level tomorrow.

Last edited:
3.00 Haydock
Sam’s Adventure runs off 127 here having won the 2021 Eider off 139 and also won here off 133 a couple of years ago (trainer had no explanation for improvement). Some poor runs since then but some signs of a return to form last time (C&D) give some hope here. I missed the 25/1 available yesterday but think he still represents value at 16/1

Got the value but yet another non-completion [emoji849]

Yeah, I had to have a little look at him today after his pleasing reappearance but he just never looked to be travelling or jumping, did he? I'd given up on him before the fall.

Lounge Lizard - Warwick 2.45 10/1 Ew

Malinello - Newbury 3.35 6/1 Ew

Blogged as per.

:)

Last edited:
Luca Morgan is a fine young rider and got the best out of Le Brueil.

Le Brueil. stays forever and is at the right end of the handicap for what can be a grueling test in the Madarin

A festival winner back in 2019 he looked as if he retained a fair bit of ability

Luca Morgan is a fine young rider who got the best out of him at Huttingdon and this could be his biggest day ever

Le Brueil 25/1 Betfair exchange Plus backing best price I can to be in first 5 when that market opens.

Last edited:
Cheltenham.

Maries Rock is very likely to be stepped up in trip and Nicky being a creature of Habit I think she will need this.

Hirst Street is not high enough in the pecking order that he can't be opposed....I like to move it represents the best value.

Call Me Lord has been in the best of form for a very long time. Can't go oppising despite giving away weight to a coupleof useful sorts.

Wouldn't touch Moniral with a barge pole.Thunder Rock for me

Punch 12.47 - I recall Notice To Close won three races on the bounce this time of year in 2020 and was rated as high as 131 eighteen months ago. He subsequently stuggled often against higher class horses. Anyway his trainer took him point to pointing recently and he won one of those. He then ran an eyecatching race when fourth last time out staying on nicely. He runs off 119 here so maybe he is well handicapped and this looks his level tomorrow.

Truly chuffed I am. SP 14s. :)

Last edited:
I was genuinely tempted to put this on the odds on thread but have allowed discretion to get the better part of valour on the first day of the new calendar year:

Cheltenham 2.30 - I Like To Move It 4/1 - I was very impressed by him last time and the form has been franked. I do think 4/1 is absolutely massive odds and I’ve backed him like an even money shot.

I was genuinely tempted to put this on the odds on thread but have allowed discretion to get the better part of valour on the first day of the new calendar year:

Cheltenham 2.30 - I Like To Move It 4/1 - I was very impressed by him last time and the form has been franked. I do think 4/1 is absolutely massive odds and I’ve backed him like an even money shot.

I feel much the same about Marie’s Rock, desert, who I think is top class and has been laid out for this race. Mind you, I think the race is a bit of a minefield with several that could explode so I’m not going mad.

ps: the market’s moving at bit towards yours and away from mine, so I’ve not added as yet. Hope ILTM goes in if MR can’t. GL.

Last edited:
Had a small interest in Midnight River (13/2) as I reckon the slightly stiffer test could eke enough improvement to take this.

Have had a small each-way go at The Real Whacker (outer of the party at 16’s) in The Dipper.

Trip is probably on the short-side for him, but I’m hoping his jumping and galloping can run the finish out of them.

Last edited:
I’ll probably regret this but couldn’t resist Il Ridoto each way at 8/1 (5 places). Had him down as not quite getting home in the Paddy Power (so no chance over today’s stiffer test) but had missed his bad mistake at the last in that race

Hoping he can continue what’s been a great season for his connections

Fine Wine 4.56S
4/1 general.

I mentioned Fine Wine last summer as a horse to follow. I think he beat Raasel 3L at York one day and that form worked out well.

Glad to see he is delivering on his promise. Good luck today with that bet.

Back