What are you backing Today? Part 2

Quite like Llandinabo Lad (3/1) at Sandown. Travelled and jumped really well behind Stage Star at Cheltenham last time out in a much better race than this before his stamina gave out so this drop in trip should suit. The fav is respected but I can't have Quel Destin as second in the market.

Llandinabo Lad is one of those favourite horses/do my bollocks types I mentioned in the other thread. Been a gravity-well for my money since his novice hurdle days, so I’ll do you the courtesy of not backing him today.

3.35 Kelso
West Cork has drifted to 6/1 and looks backable at that price. 2nd run back from a wind operation and can go well returned to hurdling (clearly hated chasing). Concedes lumps of weight but might just have the class to do it. Of course he may have just had enough and be equally poor back over hurdles [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.35 Kelso
West Cork has drifted to 6/1 and looks backable at that price. 2nd run back from a wind operation and can go well returned to hurdling (clearly hated chasing). Concedes lumps of weight but might just have the class to do it. Of course he may have just had enough and be equally poor back over hurdles [emoji848]

I've backed it for the county hurdle so I dont want it to win today.why ruin its hcap mark for 8 grand.

Yes I didn’t think about that. Doh! [emoji849]

That should put it spot on.giving 2 stone away today to the winner.3lb lower than when 4th to state man and fleet street last year.
I took 28/1 (a/p blog) and it went blue across the board.

Venetia Williams runs a few of her better ones tomorrow and I could see her landing a winner or two. I was really impressed with Farinets win earlier in the season and his price looks way too big here.

Phoenix Way is another of interest but given a choice at the prices I will take Farinet as he races prominently and I feel that's where you want to be more often than not in these top handicaps. Phoenix Way has been held up the last twice and that just puts me off a wee bit especially at odds of 4/1 or thereabouts although I guess he could run really well if the race falls apart and there's a chance that might just happen.

I like The Two Amigo's in the big handicap at Haydock. He can go well after his win in the Welsh National. An open race though so not massively confident. Grumpy Charley is out again but this is a big step up in class on his last win anyway.

Last edited:
Is he a definate soft ground horse though, Euro? I'm not sure.

He was better than ever at Chepstow on his penultimate start on Gd-St.

I think he might act on it.

You don't know until you find out sometimes.

Last edited:
Not a ground punter really unless it impacts on stamina requirements so I don't mind it for him but Venetia could pull him.

I was close to putting Neon Moon in my tracker last week. His last run at Taunton was interesting, the jockey went too soon. The same rider is aboard tomorrow and he might be of interest from bottom weight.

Sporting John is a hound. I'd make him a 25s shot today.
Wind op will work the magic like it did first time, very well handicapped on his best form.

The above is what I have convinced myself, and the reality is he's a cliff horse who I refuse to accept I was wrong about!

Sandown winner Green Book looks hard to beat at Haydock today. Charlie Deutsch taked the ride again

It's a tough 3 miles at Haydock when they go a good clip and guaranteed he'll still be going when others have cried enough. Looks huge at 0/30 Bet 365

If he wins I'll back them for the double with Fontaine Collonges

Last edited:
I was close to putting Neon Moon in my tracker last week. His last run at Taunton was interesting, the jockey went too soon. The same rider is aboard tomorrow and he might be of interest from bottom weight.

It's not usually part of forum etiquette to give well done's out to others for backing seconds but this was a decent pick and unlucky that Neon bumped into a really well handicapped horse.

Last edited:
Cheers Marbs, I am steaming right now. I liked Phoenix Way as well and stuck them both in a swinger. I saw the writing on the wall for Neon before the last but thought Phoenix would plug on for third. Nightmare.

Back