What are you backing Today? Part 2

Taking a chance on TURJOMAAN 125 Meydan 18/1 w.hill.
Was useful for Roger Varian and then sold to D Warson and had 599 days off.was rated 109 in its prime and started off in meydan off 100.
After running a few races,the last 2 over 1m and 1m 1.5f he now runs over 7f.
Tomorrow off 87.
Sam Hitchcott rides.

Last edited:
That should put it spot on.giving 2 stone away today to the winner.3lb lower than when 4th to state man and fleet street last year.
I took 28/1 (a/p blog) and it went blue across the board.

West Cork now entered for the Morebattle hurdle at Kelso the week before Cheltenham, where there is a 100K bonus for any horse who can win both the big race at Kelso and any race at the Cheltenham Festival.

Cormier tryed it last year unsuccessfully but The Shunter the year before landed the big race double and bonus to boot.

This race at Kelso on March 4th might prove informative with regards to the festival, and the 100K bonus must entice a few more quality horses.

Whether West Cork could be the one to do the double remains to be seen.

His fourth to State Man in the last years County Hurdle looks good form though doesn't it?

It's interesting that the third that day, Colonel Mustard, is also entered at Kelso.

I am not sure why he was taken out of the Betfair Hurdle, but anyway, he is another one with proven top class handicap hurdle form.

There might not be another State Man in this years County, so theoretically horses like West Cork and Colonel Mustard might not have that much to find to go close this year.

The fact both have preserved their hurdle marks through running over fences but now return to hurdles before the festival must be a good sign.

Last edited:
The shunter won the plate so didnt carry a penalty.
So I will have to have a closer look as I cant understand why they would want a penalty after getting there hcap Marks down.
Some trainers dont seem to worry about prize money more so getting a Cheltenham winner.

Yeah well if they are that worried about blowing his mark for Cheltenham at Kelso they won't run him, simple as that I guess.

Overall I feel he is still fairly lightly raced over hurdles and its not beyond the realms he could win at Kelso then go up a few pounds and still go close at the festival.

I know your ultra prudent self would rather he didn't even run at Kelso!!

Last edited:
Yeah well if they are that worried about blowing his mark for Cheltenham at Kelso they won't run him, simple as that I guess.

Overall I feel he is still fairly lightly raced over hurdles and its not beyond the realms he could win at Kelso then go up a few pounds and still go close at the festival.

I know your ultra prudent self would rather he didn't even run at Kelso!!

Dont mind it running Marb just 2nd or 3rd would do.

3.15 Carlisle Lord Roco 9/1 (4 places)
Bit concerning that he’s drifted from 6/1 earlier but I’ll take a chance at this price. With Brian Hughes up what can go wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m opposing In Excelsis Deo with Precious Eleanor. Dropped 2lb after a decent effort at Cheltenham last time in a much better race makes her look well handicapped today and the ground will be more suitable

Also Favori de Sivola in the 3.15 Exeter

Pencillfulloflead in the Bobbyjo. I have to be against Kemboy at short odds and this isn't the sort of test that will play into Carefully Selected's strengths. Nash prep obviously but 4s a bit too big.

I've also had a small dutch on Solo and Datsalrightgino because Harry Fry and short priced favs.

Nice one with Solo. Once again we see what happens when they get an uncontested lead at Kempton

Good call on Harry Fry and short priced jollies

Last edited:
Must admit I thought here we go again when Annsam got clear but turned out he was just going too fast to see the trip out. Great for Dai Walters and good for Frodon picking up place money giving so much weight away

Last edited:
Back