What are you backing Today? Part 2

This is a far tougher race though and I want to oppose him. I've gone with Super Six who was in that race but made a bad mistake I think four out. Newbury is a tough test though and he's overpriced in double figures and as he is prone to errors he's not an each way proposition so I've dutched him with Gemirande who ran into a well handicapped horse the last day but is generally on an upward curve.

Other bet is a bit of a cliff horse from last year, Admiral D at Newmarket who is off a nice mark now after drawing a blank last year. I was re-watching some of his races from last year and he actually ran really well in the Ayr Gold Cup despite the numerical finishing position and I feel he'd have been closer with a higher draw and a more waiting ride.

Last edited:
Caribbean Boy in my tracker....28-1...did I back it? Nope. And he’d had a second wind op recently :(

I'm looking forward to seeing Bold Endeavour in tomorrows 2.05 at Cheltenham. He went wide throughout in the Coral Cup so he was value for finishing a bit closer than he did that day when fifth. I just hope he took that race in his stride and we see a similiar performance tomorrow. That said, its 13K to the winner which isn't a huge prize, so will just stick him in the yankee tomorrow and see how he gets on.

Beaten off top weight by the 33/1 rank outsider...was a really good run though...will keep an eye on him next season.

I wonder if they'll try him again over fences in a race like the Paddy Power. Off his current chase mark he'd get in there with a low weight. Time will tell.

Last edited:
That hurt.Badri winning at Beverley from stall 14.in my alerts but draw put me off.doh
I'd have been the same,Outsider bu the draw actually did him a favour.
They went too quick, and the last 2f were consequently slow, allowing a free passage on this side, to use the energy he'd saved early,imo.

Asc 3.00 - Arclight 13/2 - this is the one Hendo thought a lot of before the Boodles and he was gutted it was so low in the weights it couldn't get in. He must think it's seriously well handicapped.

I'm now assuming that unsuccessful run was a prep for tomorrow.

I've taken 7/1 but you can get 8s.

Cheltenham

1.30 Terresita won at this time of year in 2022 and although this is a competative race I fancy her to run well, now 8 pounds better off with Jonjo's horse for the race at Chepstow which could prove significant.

2.05 I will give Wynn House another chance over fences. Wynn ran well enough last time when behind Bridge North and a live Scottish National contender in Manothepeople to have a good chance today.

Last edited:
I'm not far off blowing my top. I had the worst jumps season ever and needed a good start to the flat. Not happening:

Masekela - backed antepost at 14s - massive drift to 28s, the bookies obv had info he wasn't ready. Tailed off
Ehraz - backed antepost for the Abernant at 8s. Really fancied him, pulled this morning lame
City Streak - Balding again, tracker horse from last year entered up at Chelmsford this evening, Backed at 4/1, the drift has already started. Shithouse race he should be 7/4 for on form - will he be ready
Baradar - liked him for the Spring Cup. Entered, jockey booked. Backed at 6/1, not declared.

I'm not far off blowing my top. I had the worst jumps season ever and needed a good start to the flat. Not happening:

Masekela - backed antepost at 14s - massive drift to 28s, the bookies obv had info he wasn't ready. Tailed off
Ehraz - backed antepost for the Abernant at 8s. Really fancied him, pulled this morning lame
City Streak - Balding again, tracker horse from last year entered up at Chelmsford this evening, Backed at 4/1, the drift has already started. Shithouse race he should be 7/4 for on form - will he be ready
Baradar - liked him for the Spring Cup. Entered, jockey booked. Backed at 6/1, not declared.

Stick with it fella. I had 3 bad NH seasons following on from a record 2019 festival. A few highlights but mostly bad. The start of this one wasn’t so good either but much better after the new year.

It will turn around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.00 Cheltenham
El Elefante

This is a bit of a :<3: for me as I saw her sold at the sales in January. I loved her from the moment she walked into the sales ring and then I looked at the pedigree and she’s related to a horse I rode and knew well. Lucinda Russell bought her (had I had enough money I would have leapt at the chance to buy a share). Then typically I had a migraine and missed her winning at Musselburgh. Anyway I think she’s lovely!

Maybe ease off on the antepost betting until things even out a bit more?

1.30 Cheltenham
Wasn’t going to have a bet today after a complete blowout yesterday with Heltenham falling and Loup de Maulde clattering the last when looking to have a chance but I couldn’t resist the progressive looking Dollar Bae at 15/2 (Bet365 5 places)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe ease off on the antepost betting until things even out a bit more?

It'll pay it's way eventually. Incredibly unlucky with Ehraz who I'm pretty certain wins the Abernant with Creative Force running (predictably, 6f now a bit short for him) below form.

5.00 Cheltenham
El Elefante

This is a bit of a :<3: for me as I saw her sold at the sales in January. I loved her from the moment she walked into the sales ring and then I looked at the pedigree and she’s related to a horse I rode and knew well. Lucinda Russell bought her (had I had enough money I would have leapt at the chance to buy a share). Then typically I had a migraine and missed her winning at Musselburgh. Anyway I think she’s lovely!

Non runner

I know you love your ante post Euro, as do many on here, but it is so risky compared to actually looking at racing each day and knowing the conditions on the day and the oppo surely? I admit I have hated ante post and never really bothered at all with it. I find it is hard enough on the day without picking months or weeks before.

I'm going to ask a question to all ante post bettors. Apart from the times when you do get on at an incredible price, and win, do you not need a crystal ball for this? and maybe some of your picks in the past that keep you drawn to ante post, were more luck than judgement.

Not criticising at all here, and we all do stuff different, but I never really got ante post betting.

Would like to hear what people think about anti post, positives and negatives.

Last edited:
1.30 Newbury-Succession

All first time 2 year old's but like his Trainer juveniles on this course

Each Way @ 11-2 [888 Sport]

White Lavender 6.25B is head and shouders above these on her L'abbeye form and the fact she's a c/d winner who travels from N.Yorks to Somerset suggests she's ready to rock and roll.
Took 2/1 B365

Last edited:
White Lavender 6.25B is head and shouders above these on her L'abbeye form and the fact she's a c/d winner who travels from N.Yorks to Somerset suggests she's ready to rock and roll.
Took 2/1 B365

Not normally my kind of race (wrong code for a start) but I’ve had a nibble at the 11/4 Betfair as seems a fair price

Back