What are you backing Today? Part 2

The ups and downs of racing" Perth 3.15. It seems every horse in the race is missing it's regular jockey through injury or whatever.

Had an interest on Here Comes the Man..
Danny McMenamin replaces regular pilot C Nichol

What's the outlook for Sandown tomorrow? Will it be on?

The COC said there won’t be an issue for jumps racing tomorrow with no inspection planned. Track was unfit for Flat racing though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah I had it in my head there was a mix of jumps and flat racing at Sandown tomorrow but it seems not.

So at least we have some good races to look forward to.

Haydock Thunder Max. Not seen since May but this horse ran well in a couple of really strong form races last year - He was third in a Donny handicap won by Dream Alliance with War Horse in second, Both had good years. He then ran in the Educator/Israr 10f handicap at the craven meeting before disappointing in his only other start. He's been gelded.

Sandown Fable. I put this mare in my tracker after a good run at the track in December and she's been in and out since then but it looks like she needs a break between races. Happy with 12s considering this race features a lot of dodgepots - I've also had Mumbo Jumbo on the tracker this season but he's been disappointing and I'm slightly surprised he's so strong in the market.

Ripon Shigar. This Haggas 4yo caught my eye last year when running behind Yantarni on the July course last August. I expect both horses to have good years. I was gonna leave this one alone as he opened 2/1 last night but he's drifted to 4s and although that's a tad worrying, there's a very good chance this is a pipe opener, I'm prepared to risk it.

Punchy Brandy Love. I thought this mare was a monster but she's been disappointing this season even though being anchored at the back in a slow run Mares Hurdle was not ideal and maybe that has put her straight. Love Envoi is respected but she was very much suited to being at the front in such a crawl at Cheltenham and you can't go far wrong opposing Harry Fry short ones in the long run.

Last edited:
Much depends on how Jonbon is ridden in what looks like being a tactical affair.
Rather than het into a fight for the lead with Editeur Du Gite I reckon they will sit off the pace along with the others
and allow Editeur Du Gite to do his thing.

Huge mistake if they do IMO

Editeur Du Gite 8/1 is no slouch and allowed a soft lead I reckon he'll win this.

If the rumours are anywhere near the truth Patrick's mount
Sorrentino 5/4 in the bumper is already past the post.

Hewick is probably being overrated and get my vote for lay of the day at 1/1.

Hewick is probably being overrated and get my vote for lay of the day at 1/1.

He's ran in some hard races that's for sure, certainly not been wrapped up in cotton wool.

I can't make a decision on who to take him on with though.

Eldorado could run well now dropped 2 or 3 furlongs. Mcfabulous could be a different horse today. Then there's Fantastic Lady who is a mare with talent but this is a step up in grade. Then there's Solo aswell.

So given I'd be purely guessing I will leave the race well alone.

Good luck to all forumites with their picks today. Aslong as someone beats the enemy or wins on the exchanges that's that main thing!!

Ps, I planned to back Boardman today over at Haydock but it seems I have missed the each way price. I'll now take a chance on Tuscan each way who could be anything first time out after leaving Charles Hills yard for David O Meara's plus after a gelding operation. 25/1 I'll have a go each way and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Much depends on how Jonbon is ridden in what looks like being a tactical affair.
Rather than het into a fight for the lead with Editeur Du Gite I reckon they will sit off the pace along with the others
and allow Editeur Du Gite to do his thing.

Huge mistake if they do IMO

Editeur Du Gite 8/1 is no slouch and allowed a soft lead I reckon he'll win this.

Yesterday I wrote:

This could be a race in which to have a fair bet, since Jonbon (11/8f) takes out a hefty chunk of the market and he needs to find a fair bit to win. Greaneteen (5/2) really should be favourite but at 6/1 BOG (Coral) Editeur Du Gîte each-way is the bet. I’ve enough on Greaneteen to cover the outlay.

I never saw 8/1 EDG myself but brilliant for you if you got it. I've gone in again at 15/2 BOG (ew) and added to my cover on Greaneteen at 3/1 BOG.

Yesterday I wrote:

This could be a race in which to have a fair bet, since Jonbon (11/8f) takes out a hefty chunk of the market and he needs to find a fair bit to win. Greaneteen (5/2) really should be favourite but at 6/1 BOG (Coral) Editeur Du Gîte each-way is the bet. I’ve enough on Greaneteen to cover the outlay.

I never saw 8/1 EDG myself but brilliant for you if you got it. I've gone in again at 15/2 BOG (ew) and added to my cover on Greaneteen at 3/1 BOG.

The market certainly got the race right and well done Jonbon backers but he's really only done what could have been expected vis a vis Captain Guinness. None of the other three was ever travelling and, for me, the race has fallen into Jonbon's lap.

No show from EDG. We knew our fate from the off when he couldn’t lead.

Congratulations Jonbon backers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had it in my head there was a mix of jumps and flat racing at Sandown tomorrow but it seems not.

So at least we have some good races to look forward to.
I think thats the mid-may meeting , Pertemps at Haydock , am sure is the only mixed meeting

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Back