What are you backing Today? Part 2

No worries Reet. Reaffirmed my feelings and was an inexpensive way of doing it. Didn’t get a clear run at one point - though made no difference - and it looked like you needed to be coming down the centre.

Ayr
2.25 I backed Rubaud for this earlier this week when 10/1 and see no reason to look elsewhere with Nichols and Cobden firing

3.00 Thunder Rock has ground to suit and will hopefully jump better than he has the last few times. Looked good on decent ground in the autumn notably when coasting home from Solo at Ascot.

Also quite like Elixir de Nutz in the 1.15 but am having a struggle with the idea of backing a Tizzard horse for all that he’s had a few winners recently [emoji2958]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As mentioned in the flat horses to follow thread Warning Sign in the last at Newbury. Was very eye catching in the spring mile. I got 12s, 10s and 8s yesterday he's now around 3/1. I'm going for it with this one as I have him in doubles with Atrium, Jimi Hendrix. Flash Collonges, Long Eagle and Thunder Rock.

I really liked Lone Eagle as a 3yo but have an aversion to backing Martyn Meade so a massive trainer upgrade makes him interesting today. The each way has gone now Israr is a nonner but he's worth a go in double figures. I presume he's ready today otherwise why book Dettori?

I've dutched both Pumpkin horses in the Scotiish Nash as the front end of the market looks weak to me. Monbeg Genius is too short for a Jonjo and Kitty's Light was horrible jumping wise in the Eider, he won't get away with that again. Nicholls has won this with similar types to his combatants today.

In the Spring Cup the Haggas shorty is worth taking on. I never rate Irish handicap form and Atrium and Jimi Hendrix are both handicapped to win. Just have to hope the ground isn't too bad, it certainly won't be as bottomless here as it was at Donny.

Thunder Rock is worth a go at Ayr although his price has gone a bit. Respect the fav but Datsalrightgino was horrible in the Plate and may have had enough for the season and Tellmesomethinggirl has not taken to fences, really don't understand the entry. TR shouldn't have gone to Cheltenham imo, this flat track will be more his bag.

Ayr
2.25 I backed Rubaud for this earlier this week when 10/1 and see no reason to look elsewhere with Nichols and Cobden firing

3.00 Thunder Rock has ground to suit and will hopefully jump better than he has the last few times. Looked good on decent ground in the autumn notably when coasting home from Solo at Ascot.

Also quite like Elixir de Nutz in the 1.15 but am having a struggle with the idea of backing a Tizzard horse for all that he’s had a few winners recently [emoji2958]

Cheers Viking, quite liked Rubaud myself,so had some on @13/2.

Cheers reet. Thought Thunder Rock had it there when he headed the winner again after the last but the other horse just wanted it more

18.25 Kempton
Move it like Minnie can resume progress on better ground today having hated the soft ground on here las time. He’s 2lb lower today than when a good 3rd behind Sonigino who ran really well at Aintree. 8/1 4 places with SkyBet

18.25 Kempton
Move it like Minnie can resume progress on better ground today having hated the soft ground on here las time. He’s 2lb lower today than when a good 3rd behind Sonigino who ran really well at Aintree. 8/1 4 places with SkyBet

Non-runner

I thought Vitralite looked a value bet at 6/4 so I had a bet. Even if it wins I will be sick as a parrot.

It's not like abything else has been heavily backed Vitralite has all the signs of we know something you don't and has drifted to 5/2-11/4

I thought Vitralite looked a value bet at 6/4 so I had a bet. Even if it wins I will be sick as a parrot.

It's not like abything else has been heavily backed Vitralite has all the signs of we know something you don't and has drifted to 5/2-11/4

You think too much Fist.............won with it's head in it's chest

:) He actually said it's another one for the judge 4 times today...........best commentator out there who never gets it wrong..because he leaves it to the judge LOL

Last edited:
Back