What are you backing Today? Part 2

Was due to go with mate to Donny tomorrow to watch his horse run but unfortunately I'm a bit below par atm. Pity as I was looking forward to the day out though wouldn't have had more than a token bet. Cheltenham on the TV in the warm is looking good.

Last edited:
I've had a sporting interest in a couple of horses tomorrow at Cheltenham. I mentioned Go Dante (1.15) on the longshot thread the last time he ran. Go Dante is of interest in handicap hurdles now, having ran well for a long way in the Greatwood Hurdle. He was sixth then, so has a chance second time out after a wind operation.

I know there's a strong argument Bold Endeavour (3.35) is a badly handicapped hurdler, but really he's just 2lbs higher now than when fifth in the Coral Cup last March, when he went widest throughout. He carries top weight but has a 5 pound claimer who could make a big difference tomorrow. He may just be a bit too one paced. We'll see.

Last edited:
The way Gordon Elliot's are running I can see Galvin 5/1 bouncing back and running a big race in the Cross Country

Inoui Machin has an obvious engine but he jumped like a stuffed pig and looked terrified on his first outing over hurdles

Despite that he manged to be placed and that could very much be the case again today.

I think he could win @13/2 but the PLACE MARKET is very tempting:- Inoui Machin 6/5 to be in the first 4

Last edited:
Inoui Machin has an obvious engine but he jumped like a stuffed pig and looked terrified on his first outing over hurdles

Despite that he manged to be placed and that could very much be the case again today.

I think he could win @13/2 but the PLACE MARKET is very tempting:- Inoui Machin 6/5 to be in the first 4

Job Done!!!!

Yeah, I know what you mean; those daytime plunges are normally a kiss of death, aren't they?

Happy to see him romp home.

Cheers, mate

I've had a sporting interest in a couple of horses tomorrow at Cheltenham. I mentioned Go Dante (1.15) on the longshot thread the last time he ran. Go Dante is of interest in handicap hurdles now, having ran well for a long way in the Greatwood Hurdle. He was sixth then, so has a chance second time out after a wind operation.

I know there's a strong argument Bold Endeavour (3.35) is a badly handicapped hurdler, but really he's just 2lbs higher now than when fifth in the Coral Cup last March, when he went widest throughout. He carries top weight but has a 5 pound claimer who could make a big difference tomorrow. He may just be a bit too one paced. We'll see.

Pleased with Go Dante. The race went how I had anticipated it might do.

Boldy's ran his heart out again. I don't think I've liked a horse who keeps getting beat as much as him. He just falls short at 3 miles over hurdles. I hope Nicky Henderson puts him away now for the Coral Cup, where he ran so well in that last renewal.

He wouldn't be lumping around a huge weight in the Coral Cup off a mark of 142 I don't think either.

Last edited:
I am thinking Illusionist might be a good bet in the 7.15 at Newcastle tomorrow night. This horse was fifth in a Windsor Castle once upon a time, then won several decent handicaps on turf, before having some time off the track, and so far, not really recovering his best form. That said, his fourth place at Newcastle, behind City Walk, Dakota Gold and Makanah must be good form, in the context of this race. He has only actually ran on the all weather four times, showing a liking for Gosforth Park when finishing fourth twice over. This includes his last run, when he was running on well. I cannot have it that this horse is nearly worthy of being on the longshot thread tomorrow, and he seems good value at 16/1.
Illusionist out again tomorrow in Newcastle's 2.34. I'll give him another go.

I also quite fancy Minella Trump at Doncaster, as 3 miles on decent ground looks ideal, and he beat a fair few horses home when finishing a respectable 15th in the Grand National.

Worth a bet at 16s or thereabouts.

Last edited:
In Excelsis Deo - Cheltenham 1.15 - 5/2 Win

Presenting A Queen - 1.00 Hereford 14/1 (fixed odds, just 3 places) Win 14/1, place 3/1

Blogged :)

The form of that race won by Madara from In Excelcis Deo will probably prove to be very strong.

It looked a very strong race beforehand, the runner-up was a proper job horse who beat some good markers easily but the winner has run away from him.

It will be interesting to see what the handicapper makes of the form.

Just fun bets for me these days:

EW Yankee

Victtorino
Dashel Drasher
Iberico Lord
Dr Kananga

Win saver:

Onlyamatteroftime

Edit - just taken 33/1 Conkwell Legend. Joint-second top on my figures so possibly overpriced although I do have it as possibly one not to trust.

Last edited:
Back