What are you backing Today? Part 2

Happy New Year all

I have always said it's easier for a good horse to give lumps of weight away to slow horses than beating an equal by a long way.

The only problem Stage Star has is Richmond Lake may be a lot of things but slow it seems is not one of them.

Fair play to PN for having a go and avoiding the real big guns at this time but Stage Star may have bitten off more than he can chew.

Richmond Lake 9/2

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Stage Star gets pulled. Lumping 12st around in this ground would be a big ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fancy the old boy Al Dancer. He went well enough on soft ground at Chepstow first time out this season.

If he handles the heavy which I think he might he's a chance.

Last edited:
I realise she's only just turned this age but I always want to be against mares who reach nine and Strong Leader who needs to go l-h judging by his jumping at Ascot is worth a go at 4s. Yet to be convinced Bobby O is back.

I wouldn’t be too surprised if Stage Star gets pulled. Lumping 12st around in this ground would be a big ask

Bet they wished they’d “been more Nicky” there and done that! Nice to see Ben Jones ride his first Cheltenham winner though....very under rated lad.

Yeah lovely performance by Bob under a perfect Rachel ride. Always loved the horse and it’s nice to see him win so well.

I realise she's only just turned this age but I always want to be against mares who reach nine and Strong Leader who needs to go l-h judging by his jumping at Ascot is worth a go at 4s. Yet to be convinced Bobby O is back.

Nice enough from Bob and Rachael. I was worried she was sitting too far off the pace and then that Brewinupastorm was going to close the gap but he scooted up the hill well

Fakenham abandoned. Can you believe, because the ambulance, needed to follow each race, 'keeps getting suck' in the rain-sodden ground.

Am I being naïve? perhaps they might've thought of this before racing? Why couldn't a tractor tow the ambulance, or something. Hardly insurmountable, I would've thought.

Ho hum.

The Ambulance has to be able to attend a stricken jockey as soon as possible. If they have to wait until a tractor tows it, then you could be missing vital minutes.

The priority for running a point to point due to weather weather conditions is dependent on whether the emergency vehicles can access the entire course. It really is that simple and we have called off meetings because it’s too wet and yes we do have 4x4 ambulances available.

So yes, completely understandable that they have had to abandon....my fields are currently like the Somme and you’d struggle to get a tractor through right now,

I don't think anyone has a problem with why it was abondoned, the fact that the stewards enquiry was announced less than a minute before the first race was due off is inexcusable, amateur hour stuff.

The Ambulance has to be able to attend a stricken jockey as soon as possible. If they have to wait until a tractor tows it, then you could be missing vital minutes.

The priority for running a point to point due to weather weather conditions is dependent on whether the emergency vehicles can access the entire course. It really is that simple and we have called off meetings because it’s too wet and yes we do have 4x4 ambulances available.

So yes, completely understandable that they have had to abandon....my fields are currently like the Somme and you’d struggle to get a tractor through right now,

Fair do's.

The timing, though, as stated above is farcical.

Anyway, wrong thread. Sorry. :)

Thanks for that, Jin. You are a good'un.

He still only five, plenty time for him to develop.

Maybe he'll make more of a chaser in time, I don't know.

Pure pocket talk from me yesterday, of course.

Whenever Marb brings about a Baracouda comparison you know he's either relapsing, lost too much money, or had too much to drink. :)

King of the Lake has had a wind op this week.....:whistle:

Back