What are you backing Today? Part 2

So many shorties today either the bookies will take a hammering or hit the jackpot.

5/4 double Brandy Love and Mister Policeman WHill, Both trained by Willie Mullins is my only bet today.

4.25 Kempton-Fly Pass

Each Way @ 16-1 [Bet 365] 4 places

Kevin Stott has a good enough record for the stable, 8 wins from 44 with 24 first 4 places overall. Nick Bradley seems to have an eye for youngsters that'll win at some point, witness Nevzilla about a week ago just done by a flying-finish neck at 100-1.

Reading between the lines, it appears they might try to go from the front. Arguably not an ideal draw in 8 for that, but maybe I'm misinterpreting intentions

Last edited:
Led in early career races (reasonable runs), but mainly held up at the back since. Nick Bradley said this morning they would 'revert to old tactics'. Not clear whether that meant go back to prominent running, or go back to holding up after an abortive prominent run at Southwell two runs back. We have to assume on this evidence that holding up near last was the intent.

Door closed a couple of furlongs out, after which she kept going and I'd say was one of three or four going best at the finish. Could be she was a little outpaced over 7f as well as the interference, and another furlong might be useful.

With a bit of luck no harm done to the potential of some good odds next time, the run wasn't too obvious.

Led in early career races (reasonable runs), but mainly held up at the back since. Nick Bradley said this morning they would 'revert to old tactics'. Not clear whether that meant go back to prominent running, or go back to holding up after an abortive prominent run at Southwell two runs back. We have to assume on this evidence that holding up near last was the intent.

Door closed a couple of furlongs out, after which she kept going and I'd say was one of three or four going best at the finish. Could be she was a little outpaced over 7f as well as the interference, and another furlong might be useful.

With a bit of luck no harm done to the potential of some good odds next time, the run wasn't too obvious.

Needs further.but one for the alerts.

Declared Saturday, could be right up her street...

[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<tbody style="box-sizing: border-box;">[TR]
[TD][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Saturday,13 January - 17:00[/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fly Pass[/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WOLVERHAMPTON (A.W), Win �2,000,000 With BetMGM's Golden Goals Handicap Cl6 1m142y[/FONT][/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Two good races at warwick tomorrow, the classic and the veterans and I've done a couple of old favourites.

Rapper 18/1 boosted
Top ville Ben 16/1.......NR

Last edited:
Nicky henderson's Kado De Joie will win races but he would need to improe a ton on his last run to beat PN's Kalif Du Berlais who apparently has the dogs barking their heads off..

Kalif Du Berlais 7/4 looks well worth grabbing

Last edited:
I took some time over the last 48 hours to try and get some kind of handle on the form with the Schweppes and Cheltenham really just around the corner now and landed on these, across which I'm spreading some jam thinly:

Edwardstone
Impose Toi, Irish Hill
Shallow River
Carbon King (as per longshot thread)
Malina Girl, Galia Des Liteaux (+ Broken Halo?)
Sam Brown, Two For Gold, Cepage
Trelawne
Roseys Hollow (Fai)

I'm not expecting to end the day in front so getting my money back or close to it will do.

Edit - just noticed Unibet are happy to go longest about Impose Toi so maybe today isn't the day after all.

Last edited:
I'm very fed up at the moment. There's nothing to bet on tracker wise and I have health issues that won't be resolved until I have an op (have to wear a Catheter full time) and so I've had a few muggy multis today

Agree with Dessie on Edwardstone but would like Banbridge to run well. Latitude, Pepe le Moko (a tracker that is running but too short to back in a single) Major Dundee, Apple Away.

Lanzarote - Up For Parol has been set up for this since third last year and I’ll take 16/1ew for as many places as I can get. Impose Toi would have run Luccia close last time at Ascot but for faltering at the second last, so a decent favourite.

2:24 Warwick - nearly all good horses in this and everyone seems to have the hots for Grey Dawning, but The Changing Man beat him a length on their opening run this season and meets him here on 3lb better terms. Unseated last time, but I’ll give him a chance at the price.

1:15 Warwick - although chasing is going to be his game, I think Diamond RI can pick up a hurdle or three on the way. Watching him closely and want to see much improved hurdling this time.

Horse that interests me today at Kempton 12.40 Koenigsstern who appeared last year at my most local point to point and p*ssed in when heavily backed. And then followed up in his next point before falling on his third outing. He was trained by Tom Malone (former jockey now prominent bloodstock agent/publican/slimey oil salesman :lol: depending who you talk to!) who’s pretty shrewd and then sold to Nick Gifford. The horse stood out in the paddock that first day and I backed him on the strength of that, not realising that he’d been decent on the Flat in Germany, winning four times.

He’s an each way price so I’ve had a small amount on him.

Horse that interests me today at Kempton 12.40 Koenigsstern who appeared last year at my most local point to point and p*ssed in when heavily backed. And then followed up in his next point before falling on his third outing. He was trained by Tom Malone (former jockey now prominent bloodstock agent/publican/slimey oil salesman :lol: depending who you talk to!) who’s pretty shrewd and then sold to Nick Gifford. The horse stood out in the paddock that first day and I backed him on the strength of that, not realising that he’d been decent on the Flat in Germany, winning four times.

Handicap debut.

Pic d’Orhy will have to step up from Ascot where he looked in trouble briefly before outclassing Straw Fan Jack. Not convinced Edwardstone will stay and Banbridge might just need the run. I’m giving Notlongtillmay a chance in receipt of a few lb from the others and hope he can finally get his head in front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very fed up at the moment. There's nothing to bet on tracker wise and I have health issues that won't be resolved until I have an op (have to wear a Catheter full time) and so I've had a few muggy multis today

Agree with Dessie on Edwardstone but would like Banbridge to run well. Latitude, Pepe le Moko (a tracker that is running but too short to back in a single) Major Dundee, Apple Away.

Sorry to hear that hope the op gets arranged soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drifted to 16s and managed a fair third. Typically I missed the race....! Still sounds like an OK run?

Back