What are you backing Today? Part 2

I sincerely hope you are wrong but the money says you could be right...I've been backing Shishkin for plenty and averaging 1.82 on the machine but he hasn't budged an inch.

I just hope my confidence in Nico getting the job done without any mishaps this time isn't misplaced

Well done. Protektorat far too keen early on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes completely agree. He looked so happy being allowed to dictate in front like that. Never been the biggest fan of him as he’s always looked a bit of a thug to me, but this I really enjoyed watching. Roll on the Champion Chase if he arrives in this frame of mind.

I've dutched Allegorie de Vassy and Maskada in the Opera Hat as the oddsmakers have Riviere D'etel at 11/4 and she should be double figures on a track like Naas. Both in doubles with Ballyburn (Supreme).

What specifically about Naas put you off Riviere? I had a bit on at 4's which I thought was fair given that I didn't think Maskada would go on the ground and ADV is difficult to predict.

She much prefers going right handed and tends to jump that way on a left handed track, thus covering more ground. She actually was ok today which worried me for most of the race. I think Naas might be like Gowran in that regard, the disadvantage of going the wrong way round mitigated somewhat because both racecourses aren't that wide.

I'm taking a chance with Conkwell Legend in the Veterans at Exeter today. He's 16s now so doesn't qualify for the longshot thread.

He showed ability over hurdles, winning on heavy ground at Sandown and then soft the next time in another handicap hurdle.

So despite his poor season over fences, at least I know this is his ground.

The drop in grade is also necessary, to see a return to some form, as running against horses like Stay Away Fay and Giovinco in graded novice chases was a big ask. That got his mark down another 2lbs anyway...

He's had a good break of seven weeks or thereabouts off the track, so I'm hopeful he puts in a much better run today.

That said, he could just be deteriorating, but at the prices, worth a go.

Last edited:
Blazing Kai 11/8 drifted to 7/1 on the machine and wasn't fit enough to get to the start ;et alone win was pulled up.............Byrne is an absolute joke sending a horse out knowing he was that unfit....cost me a tenner the swine

UNREAL: £453 traded at 1000/1 Absolute Steel returned at 810 certainly never went off unbacked ......someone is going home very rich

I'm pretty sure someone from the 'valueracingclub' used to post on here, as a Richard Newland trained horse for them was commented on. Could it have been Danny, or someone he knew?

Looks like they got the value today.

Same owner and trainer combination as today have Howlingmadmurdock who has a live chance in the Pertemps next month I reckon. You heard it hear first!

Last edited:
I'm taking a chance with Conkwell Legend in the Veterans at Exeter today. He's 16s now so doesn't qualify for the longshot thread.

He showed ability over hurdles, winning on heavy ground at Sandown and then soft the next time in another handicap hurdle.

So despite his poor season over fences, at least I know this is his ground.

The drop in grade is also necessary, to see a return to some form, as running against horses like Stay Away Fay and Giovinco in graded novice chases was a big ask. That got his mark down another 2lbs anyway...

He's had a good break of seven weeks or thereabouts off the track, so I'm hopeful he puts in a much better run today.

That said, he could just be deteriorating, but at the prices, worth a go.

A bit unlucky there Martin.at least the horse got up which was great to see.

Yeah, Conkwell Legend came from near enough last to first, and has basically over jumped the third last, tipping up on landing. I think he would have won, and while jumping is the name of the game, he didn't even touch the fence.

Last edited:
Looked threatening at the time, as you say. Hard lines, Marb.

I must say, the winner looked to be winning out of turn; I don't know where they got that one from. Maybe the fact that he was so short-priced for what he'd achieved might have been a clue. But still...

If you have a few bob about you and don't mind laying it out for around 1 minute head to Flemington tomorrow for the Black Cavalier Group 1 Lightning .Being hailed as the fastest sprinter in the world Imperatriz takes on a field of 9 of the best Australia has to offer. I got on earlier this week through my Australian friends at evens and she's now around 1.7 in Aus BUT I notice evens was available on the Betfair exchange as there are always some mad layers who will net on anything..if she is 100% she will win simple as https://youtu.be/HiL44Ez3gYQ?si=k_W1Z5-BCiND_O37

Last edited:
Tomorrow, Ascot 2.25 - Irish Hill 8/1 - if you believe Gingell is worth his 5lbs then you could argue that Irish Hill is 8lbs lower than when winning the race last year. Looks to me like it's been targeting the race all season. I can see the price halving and have gone in win only even though five places are on offer.

Wasn't sure where to put this and didn't think it fully merited a thread of it's own.

Since Betfair introduced the hot and cold indicators on their markets has there been an increase in price collapsing/rising dramatically?

You got my attention but when I looked at the race it scared the life out of me but it did lead me to the 4 horse chase. Absolute cracker to look forward to. Any one of 3 could win it..Ahoy Senior has a habit of running a cracker when you have all but written him off. L'homme Presse apparently not having beaten much on his comeback and Pic Dorhy running out of his skin with the brilliant Harry Cobden fighting for every winner he can get I will be siding with PN to cause a minor upset

Last edited:
Tomorrow.

Irish Hill 225a. 8/1.....5th
Yeah man. 315h. ....1st
Lord snootie 350h.....2nd

Ew patent.

Last edited:
Back