What are you backing Today? Part 2

Huge drift on Hokelami opened 2/1, I took it ;0(

now avaiiable at 7/2 on the machine

must know something I don't.

Horse looks a real tough sort at Sedgefield I still think he'll take all the beating

Backed Lou De Maud early doors but PN withdrew his so now odds on but hopefully will win.

The biggest problem for me is listening to the awful drones coming out of the female co host giving her opinions before the race.

Can anyone tell me who she is? She sounds like she's slow in the head

Another quiet day for me today.

No bets since last Saturday and one glance at yesterday's valuable AW card was enough to have me preferring the afternoon Good Friday service than watch TV.

I've looked at three races and decided to keep stakes modest again.

Singles, doubles and an ew treble (to diminishing stakes):

Haydock 3.15 - Numitor (6/1 taken early for the single but only got 4s by the time I was putting the other bets on)
Musselburgh 3.35 - Chillingham (4/1)
F/house 5.05 - Comfort Zone (13/2 single, 11/2 otherwise).

Pretty shocked this morning to see CZ right in to 5/2. I wasn't expecting that but I'll take it as a positive.

This time tomorrow I'll be halfway to Spain. If those three win today :)lol: -lightning doesn't strike twice) I reckon some kind of alcoholic beverage might be partaken of.

Next weekend's racing looks quiet but I'll have my 'stuff' with me to try and avoid betting half-blind at Aintree and Ayr.

I have two or three in mind for the Irish National on Monday but am holding off for the final decs later this morning before going in.

Edit - I see Musselburgh has been ABANDONED due to a waterlogged track. That must be pretty rare. It seldom gets really heavy there.

Oh well, that's the treble fvcked...

Last edited:
Better ground on the hurdles course at Haydock can help Salsada get a lot closer to Brentford Hope at least. Around 16-1 generally available in the 2.05. And if Salsada can do the business, there's a case can be made for an Ellison double with The King Of May in the last at Carlisle at 25s, where Foilan also looks interesting at between 9-1 and 12-1.

Better ground on the hurdles course at Haydock can help Salsada get a lot closer to Brentford Hope at least. Around 16-1 generally available in the 2.05. And if Salsada can do the business, there's a case can be made for an Ellison double with The King Of May in the last at Carlisle at 25s, where Foilan also looks interesting at between 9-1 and 12-1.

I don't know what they're playing at with Salsada. I had it in mind for a couple of races this season but it didn't turn up. It's been withdrawn on account of heavy ground and good ground, plus a couple of self-certifications. I did back it at 22/1 for the Morebattle when it went off at 14s but was neer put in the race. I do think it has a decent race in it but it also clearly isn't without its issues.

Maybe the so-called Scottish Champion Hurdle in three weeks' time?

(But maybe a wee bit of sickness insurance today. I'd no idea it had run since the Morebattle.)

Back